Game Battles sign-up for Monday Night Combat

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by XShadowStormX, August 20, 2010.

1. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

2. Chenstrap

Chenstrap New Member

WOAH, WAIT WAIT WAIT..... a developer that not only likes gamebattles/MLG, but advocates the usage of it/advertises for the site? i must be in heaven

new fav dev forums
  3. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

iirc, ShadowStorm used to attend MLG Halo events :)
  4. Chenstrap

Chenstrap New Member

nice. when u say he went to events do u mean he competed?

btw, wats ZYN been up 2 sinc gears got taken off the circuit? saw u guys were playin in the tournament (im tryin 2 get a team together myself)
  5. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

I think he did, not sure. Just remember them saying in an interview that one of their main testers was an MLG guy.

We've been working on developing our Youtube account (Got accepted to partner program :D ) and getting ready to go huge on Reach. Until then, it is MNC every day :)
  6. Chenstrap

Chenstrap New Member

i feel u there. Congrats on getin accepted to the partner program BTW. good 2 know some qualiity stuff will be comin out concernin the competitive side of gamin.

btw, u wouldnt happen 2 know of neone who needs a person for the MNC tourny would you?
  7. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

Could try this thread: http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329337
  8. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

Iv played with you guys in gears 1, gears 2, halo reach beta and now hopefully monday night combat XD
  9. Justice Pie

Justice Pie New Member

Really? Game Battles? *sigh*

I hope you will still cater to some of the lesser noncommercial players who don't want all that nonsensical competition but want to enjoy the tournaments.
  10. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Isn't competition the point of a tournament?
  11. Monty

Monty New Member

Eh, but there's a difference between Gamebattles and just a regular ol' tournament. Gamebattles generally has extra rules, restrictions, whining 'pros', and stuff of that nature, while the type of tournaments he's referring to would be something like the developer's tournament last week. No restrictions, just go out and play.
  12. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Which are fun tournaments.

Next up we need a tourny with the devs. We shall challenge the creators!
  13. Nayr

Nayr New Member

Gamebattles has no extra rules, it's pick your side and play against another team.

Obviously for other games some fine tuning of the settings is needed but in an arcade game with balanced classes and no way to customize any of the settings how could they change anything?

You're also going to get "whining pros" everywhere you go. Be it a MW2 public match or a MNC Private.
  14. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Well said.
  15. Shammas

Shammas New Member

This generally only happens if something is actually overpowered or unbalanced. Games have been played unchanged on GB for some time now, and this one will most likely be the same unless a cheap/dominating strategy is employed.
  16. Soulfire

Soulfire New Member

As a frequent member of the GB forums, I must warn you all of the obscene amount of disputes you will receive on wins you rightfully deserve.

Sorry in advance,

Soulfire. -- Halo 3, SSF4 and Graphics forum poster

as soon as my box gets back from RROD'ing (ON THE DAY OF THE FIRST MNC TOURNY D:), Team Alpha27 will rock the gb ladder.
  17. Justice Pie

Justice Pie New Member

Thank you for clearing that up Money.