New Clothing.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Ownage Messiah, August 22, 2010.

1. Ownage Messiah

Ownage Messiah New Member

What better way to keep your community entertained than new content. It be cool if they added maybe two new costumes for each class. Youd get the costume by completeing a milestone for that class. Maybe the outfits added advantages and disadvatages for your charecter aswell. The costumes could tie into the classes personality and bio ex: Gunner with a Tiki mask on ( since his taunt is oo lets do this Tiki Style ).
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Rather than reaching milestones to unlock things like this, they should cost money. It would fit the theme of the game much better by giving you something to actually do with all your cash after unlocking all the custom slots.
  3. Ownage Messiah

What about both. Make each outfit like 100-200k and you gotta get a certain # of points with that said class.
  4. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I'd be all for this. While I love most of the character designs i find some are lacking personally. It's just a little feature that would keep people playing.
  5. Ownage Messiah

While we're on the subject why not introduce some new weapons and have them be the same way.
  6. Monty

Monty New Member

Please no. New weapons just give experienced players more of an advantage over newer ones. I would have no problem with skins for the current weapons, but new weapons would throw off the balance of the game.
  7. captindude

captindude New Member

I would like if they did it kind of like team fortress 2 and added tons of random apparell but instead of waiting, you could buy it.
  8. Arcell

Arcell New Member

Obviously if they added in new weapons they'd be given the same amount of attention balance wise as the ones we currently have. I think the game could overall use some variety. The gameplay is fantastic, the game modes are great, we just need some variety in looks, weapons, etc...
  9. Ownage Messiah

Exactly, if Uber even took this idea ( <crosses his fingers> ) of any new weapons or equipment into consideration their priority list would always have keeping the game balanced for Veterans and people just starting out at number one.
  10. Ownage Messiah

I like the idea, Since Valve never gave a **** about their console updates. To buy it in game would be a good way to save your money.
  11. dalocogamer

dalocogamer New Member

Shoot I want to have the same gear in real life. Kick butt stuff. Really dont think there should be eblams like on H3. This uniform is better the way it is. But yeah custom stuff would kick butt
  12. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

Whatever it turns out to be, we need SOMETHING to spend all that cash on. After buying a few custom class slots I don't see the point as with one exception I usually stick to the original build anyway, and the title cards seem like a waste of money, too (I bought one that i liked, no point in buying more).
  13. Ownage Messiah

LOL id love that, have the sniper in some gangster gear and the assult in a nerd uniform.
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yes more stuff is always cool. We did talk about adding some customization to the characters early on in development. There are several issues here. Anything we add to the characters would need to fit into memory and work in every level and any every permutation and gameplay balance. Characters customization stuff is more tricky then say adding more maps. Maps have their own issues. They take take time to make, to test, and balance. So the simple answer is yes we do like the idea of customization but implenting is a much harder problem. We're a very small crew so our first oder of business is bug fixing and then maps.

During development there were tons of ideas that got cut due to the amount of time and resources needed to get it to a polished level that we were happy with. The core game is a pretty complex beast and our main concern was to finish a polished game that we can build on. It took two years to get to where we are now today.
  15. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

If we get stuff like this, it makes sense to unlock like protags. Earn them in-game, earn cash, buy them. As long as they're not impacting play balance, then there's no real problem with new players not having the items.

I want a Sombrero for my Support. Or even better, for my Assassin.
  16. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Cosmetic changes, sure, maybe. New equipment with actual changes to gameplay? I'd rather not, but if it does come, people will inevitably bitch about them in some shape, way, or form. Most likely, that they're OP. Then that they're too underpowered (UP?).
  17. Medaforcer

Medaforcer New Member

Hats.

Lots of hats.

And release trading items before Valve does for TF2. hahaha
  18. RLM93

RLM93 New Member

This is a good idea because I almost have my final class and my money will be almost useless afterwards. Although Ekanaut did say it would be hard to implement, new maps would still be more to me. 4 isn't quite enough.
  19. Chosen Predator

Chosen Predator New Member

I don't know about you guys but I would love to see the character designs the devs went through to see what if scenarios on how characters would look...I know when I get special editions one of my favorite parts is looking at the sketches and designs of characters even if they didnt make it in the game
  20. Ownage Messiah

Well first off ive got to thank you and everyone else at Uber that goes out of their busy scedual to keep themselfs involved in the community. I understand what your saying, its more complex than most people think. Now that i know ive got your attention i can relax and just patiently wait. Its nice to know that in the future there will be customisation, new maps, and the whole sha-bang.