If you could change one thing, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MoonGooseThe3rd, August 23, 2010.

1. MoonGooseThe3rd

MoonGooseThe3rd New Member

So odds are good that you like the game if you're on this forum. But I'm betting everyone has at least one thing that really irks them about it. What's the one thing you would change, if you could?

I'd want the host migration to actually work. I get dropped from about a third of the games I play, and I have never once seen the "migrating host" message be followed by anything other than "you have been returned to the main menu". It's frustrating enough that I end up not playing for nearly as long as I'd like to. I would love to play more, but when I have to keep backing out to the main menu after every game, or sometimes smack in the middle of it, because the host quits, it starts to feel more like a waste of time than anything else. I really like this game, and I'd actually like to be able to spend more time playing it than it allows -.-
  2. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Personally, I just want all the taunts to come from Mickey Canter.

It would liven up the experience a bit.
  3. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

I want more players with mics. I want a team that can form strategies, and I want to hear my opponents rage when I spend a whole round doing nothing but smokebombing in their base.
  4. Monty

Monty New Member

I would go with host migration actually working too. Nothing frustrates me more then about to blow open their money ball and then having the game end due to bad host migration.
  5. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

They will be reducing the time (last I heard) it takes to complete Host migration. The reason it's failing is because the person it's trying to migrate to often leaves too. The speculation is that they are leaving to due not wanting to wait. So to help with this they are reducing the time (I forget the exact numbers)
  6. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Sniper and Supports should have their bot spawns switched imo. Support's already too good to get the best bot. -_-

Other than that, I think the game is pretty much perfect as it is.
  7. MoonGooseThe3rd

MoonGooseThe3rd New Member

It's funny you should say that, I originally assumed that their bots were switched, but purely for aesthetic purposes. The Support having a bot which affects Skills, the class's biggest asset, the Sniper having a bot with the best range...it seems like it would make more sense.
  8. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

The host migration problem is for some reason it tends to kick out 3/4 of the players and also tends to balance the teams so your party will be split. Alot of the players will fail to connect to the host after it migrates, the room will go from 11 players, to 4.
  9. fake

fake New Member

The support's bot is okay. I'm not sure it's "the best," though. It's basically defenseless against close range attacks.

The bouncer, IMO, is the best bot, which adds a nice balance to the tank since he's so slow.
  10. WithVengence

WithVengence New Member

Maybe an update that has more gameplay modes and new Pros and bots.
  11. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

12. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Sniper's grapple! Shouldnt throw with the 2nd level, should be switched to the 3rd level like the other classes!
  13. Downfall

Downfall New Member

Nope, Gapshots are the best Spawn, Easily. Bouncers are Meh, since you generally hear them coming and they are more of a distraction. Gapshots are great they are constantly working.

Balancing, I never want to play with level 10s there should be a nub zone or something. Right now it seems like wins are decided at the Team Balance, whoever get the nubs losses. Also mix up teams after a game, sure it is nice playing with the same people until someone leaves it does get annoying if you have a junk team, and you pretty much have to leave to find a good lobby.
  14. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

What about giving the crowd vuvuzelas?
  15. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Oh god, YES. Only on one arena, though. If it were on every arena, it would be annoying. -_-
  16. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

How about neutral turrets in the middle of a map. I would make for some interesting fights in the middle of corridors. Shave Ice turrets could slow down a hoard on incoming bots and make for easy headshots on opposing pros. Hmm....
  17. fake

fake New Member

Try spawning gapshots on steel peel. They're worthless.
  18. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

First of all, that's only one map.

Second, they are not worthless on that map because their artillery can hit things as soon as they crawl into the dome.
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I'd like less people bitching on foru-

I mean, I'd like better host migration too. Since that has been mentioned to death, I'll also drop frame rate/latency issues. Nothing makes a grapple fail more then suddenly finding out your intended target has walked ten feet to the left while you were wrapping your arms around them. Don't even get me started on playing assassin on what feels like one bar connections.
  20. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

an odd one but I'd like the money/score to be moved to first column in the scoreboard instead of kills (well, ok, second column if you include player names.)

It might help people obsess over K:D less... though I doubt it :p