The Unoffcial Bugs & Glitches thread.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by DR0KZ, August 22, 2010.

1. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

I will keep this updated as much as i can to keep a good overview and what is know/unknown.
    Alot of these things are mentioned in the official thread but since it doesn't have it all we should really have a big thread that does, adding the known for the sake of completion.

The idea is that we all contribute to this thread, both new issues aswell as possible workarounds.

The Italic text is a suggestive fix or workaround. I was going to make it all color coded but i don't think it would add much reading pleasure, can still do it if preferred.

----------------------------------------------
    Updated: 24 aug, updated
    ----------------------------------------------
    Going sailing for a week (so much for keeping my -100 rank on leaderboards :(), so updates will be less frequent, depending if i go close enough to shore to get range on my cell, aiming for at least once a day.

Enviroment/AI
    • Deploying right next to a jump pad can cause the player to get stuck bouncing on the jump pad -Don't deploy next to a jump pad
    • Jump-pads will sometimes bump you into the wall and cause you to get stuck. -Perhaps make it a fixed trajectory or teleport instead?
    • Jump-pads, especially while playing gunner/tank require a certain angle of approuch to actually be able to get you past the ledge. -Perhaps make it a fixed trajectory or teleport instead?
    • Gapshot in Blitz can glith on non-host players and show like they are climbing ontop of the spawn but in reality are still behind the wall. -Shoot where they normally should be or get the host to kill them.
    • Jackbot XL is getting overhealed when it shouldn't.
    • People getting grapple-punched or assaults can reach places on most maps that they shouldn't. -Place invisible walls/deathzone
    • (Destroyed)Turret nubs have an invisible wall over them that blocks bullets and can be used as cover even though there is no turret up.
    • Frame rate can drop dramatically when alot is going on, Overtime and Annihilator uses always come with frame drops.
    • If you are on different teams while splitscreening, you can see each other's gremlins and assassins at any distance while cloaked, the same as if they were on our team.
    • Getting knocked back into a nub can cause you to skip across the map uncontrollably.

Interface
    • Parties and even splitscreeners can get split up.
    • Controller sensitivity of 10 doesn't save -10 is broken, 9 works
    • Team Player and Team Leader highlights are switched
    • 4:3 aspect ratio clips off the skill picker UI.
    • Botspawn/Jump-pad unlocks popup aren't always showing while walking over them -Walk back and forth over them until it does
    • Skill won't activate after being grappled. The skill will show as being ready, but pressing the button results in an 'unready' sound and no effect/change is cooldown timer. Wears off after a few seconds. Likely lag, mashing the button during the grapple may cause this.
    • Hammering the D-pad can result in spending twice the money of botspawn/jump-pad unlocking in laggy games-Press once and make sure the text show up
    • Tactical control scheme shows the X and Y button functions flipped.
    • Fake, unusable full juice bar. -Bringing up the skill pick menu will fix it
    • Host migration fails most of the time, and other host migration problems -Stay patient until Uber finds a way to optimize hosting and accept that P2P is simply terrible like that
    • Split-screen doesn't fill up the entire scree at 16:9
    • Split screen hurt directional indicators cover more of the screen than they should
    • Joining a game while the host left(or has filled up?) wil result in getting stuck at black/blue screen with just a MNC, pressing start and exitting won't work, scoreboard's a mess. -Back out to dashboard
    • Using a skill as soon as it finishes sometimes eats the skill with out effect/ Simply bashing a button can cause it to glitch and simply go on Cooldown without doing anything.
    • Split screen players stop shooting when the other player does certain things or dies
    • Player getting stuck in respawn UI after spawning.
    • Re-picking classes sometimes resets respawn timer. -Not a bug and is intended. You are spawned in waves, if you repick a class and miss the current wave you are in, you wait until the next wave to spawn again.
    • Switching guns sometimes makes it switch back to the original -Perhaps you press it twice on accident, have lag or your controller is acting up, either way a soft cap of around 1 seconds would be welcome
    • When host changes the class can get reset to the default endorsements and does not maintain custom class endorsements.

Gameplay
    • Constantly missing charges, shots and whatnot. -You are either connected to a bad host, back out and find a new game. Or the other player has poor ping with the host. This is not a problem with the game.
    • Moneyball can be shot down by players
    • Grapple fails to often due to lag. -Lag related/Packetloss, but no way to optimize this?

--Class section--

Assassin
    • Dagger lunge attack does more damage than intended -Perhaps the sword does abit to few aswell.
    • Assassins can use smoke bombs without putting the skill on cooldown.
    • Assassins can escape from Sniper traps fairly easily.
    • Assassin can infinite super sprint with out skill usage
    • Assassin shouldn't take fall damage with level 3 passive

Assault
    • Bomb can sometimes detonate but not consume the charge and can be detonated a second time.

Gunner
    • Minigun sometimes shoots out of itself when switching weapons, or doesn't shoot at all. This also causes you to walk slow as if you where shooting while you are not.
    • Weapon switching seems glitchy, reload animation sometimes not showing if you switch during a reload then back.
    • Switching to mortar while reloading the minigun, then switching back will NOT cause gunner to begin reloading again. He'll just spin his empty gun.-Manual reload
    • Jetpack animation stays on randomly -Hit A to clear the looping jet effect

Sniper
    • If people are zoomed in as sniper in splitscreen, the other player sees the sniper disappear completely.
    • Sniper's trap "bubble" can be seen if you're on the opposite team.
    • If you taunt while zoomed in with the sniper rifle your player will do the taunt with a cross-hair overlay

Support
    • Turret goes on Cooldown but never spawns. -Don't throw it in walls, look up higher when throwing
    • It's possible to throw turrets trough glass walls.
    • Healing bots after they spawn will sometimes show as if they are only at 40% HP.
    • Spamming Draingun shoot will reveal enemy assassins.
    • Healing the wrong target while not targetting at it. -Proximity should not override aim and turrets/bots should not override aiming at players
    • Rapidly switching from drain to heal might cause the beam to switch color, it doesn't actually drain your team or heal your enemies though.
    • Upgrading skills might sometimes glitch and not upgrade but consume money and show as if it was. /Not sure if this is a support only problem, post if you know more abit this issue please

Tank
    • Death Blossom does no damage right after a juice activation or charge. -Wait a second before hitting Death Blossom
    • Jetpack animation stays on randomly -Hit A to clear the looping jet effect
    • Tank is stuck shooting straight towards his cross hairs while deploy activates. (Compared to gunner, who can continue to aim freely)
    • Tanks and Gunners leaving deploy sometimes have deploy go on cooldown again. Assumed to be lag related, pushing the button only 1 time may prevent this.
    Last edited: August 24, 2010
  2. Pikamander2

Pikamander2 New Member

Re: The BIG Bugs/Glitches/Feedback/Quirks/Issues thread.

Typo?
  3. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Yap, thanks!
  4. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

The bug that causes you to spend money twice to activate jump pads and the like also kicks in when upgrading turrets.

EDIT: HI
  5. Datswatxshesaid

Datswatxshesaid New Member

Support: blue botton not working. Cant hack. Usually fixes after death.
  6. Datswatxshesaid

Datswatxshesaid New Member

assassin takes damage on the roof after smoke bomb jumping.
  7. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Already been covered, but thanks!:)

Skill buttons in generally will glitch out if bashed. Not mentioned specifically, will do so now. Thanks!

One thing though, are you sure to have upgraded to a lvl2 hack before trying to hack a enemy turret? (i've been, and died, there twice :p)
    If you mean taking falldamage then it's already known ;) Or what do you mean exactly?
  8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell New Member

Some more splitscreen bugs.

-If one of us is sniping, if we zoom in the other player sees the sniper disappear completely.

-If we are on different teams, we can see each other's gremlins and assassins at any distance while cloaked, the same as if they were on our team.

-Sniper's trap "bubble" can be seen if you're on the opposite team
  9. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Added!
  10. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

This is just silly. I guess stickies have no purpose nowadays.

Feedback is ok...but theres no need to reiterating bugs, glitches, or issues...
  11. Provolown

Provolown New Member

1. If you taunt while zoomed in with the sniper rifle your player will do the taunt with a cross-hair overlay

2. If you lose connection to the host while in the loading screen(shotgun-shell/bacon high 5) I get kicked out to a screen with just the MNC logo with a weird game summary page, and the only way to get out of this is to dashboard and re-launch the game. Very annoying!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfoIjVKKGc

3. If you are smashing a skill button before it's ready, it will use it when its ready but nothing with happen. So it uses the skill "mana" but the skill wont do anything. This was hard to explain and I will elaborate on it more if need be.
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Posts all in red <-- Very Annoying!
  13. Cornstalk

Cornstalk New Member

Your topic for this is more complete and to the point then mine was.

Deploy
    [*] Tank is stuck shooting straight towards his cross hairs while deploy activates. (Compared to gunner, who can continue to aim freely)
    [*] Tanks and Gunners leaving deploy sometimes have deploy go on cooldown again. Assumed to be lag related, pushing the button only 1 time may prevent this.

Skill won't activate after being grappled -The skill will show as being ready, but pressing the button results in an 'unready' sound and no effect/change is cooldown timer. Wears off after a few seconds. Likely lag, mashing the button during the grapple may cause this.

Gunner forgets to reload - Switching to mortar while reloading the minigun, then switching back will NOT cause gunner to begin reloading again. He'll just spin his empty gun. Manual reload
  14. hey dr savage

hey dr savage New Member

1. When host changes, playing split-screen I always get kicked.
    2. When host changes, my class gets reset to the default endorsements. It does not maintain my custom class endorsements.

I have other "twitches" that I am not happy about, but I don't consider them a bug because they don't always happen.
  15. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

The sticky barely covers half of it :)

No one is forcing you to come here and read it btw.

1- Added
    2- Already known, what is wierd that the screen is blue for me. Changed description.
    3- Know but changed description slightly to make.

Thanks!

Thanks alot! Added them all.

1- We always get kicked playing alone aswell, how many times did this happen?
    2- Added, i had that aswell once but forgot
    3- What other twitches?

Thanks!
  16. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

Assassins can use smoke bombs without putting the skill on cooldown. Assassins can also escape from Sniper traps fairly easily.

No, I'm not posting directions. These are pretty obvious exploits.

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me I had Raptr installed. It's been sitting in the tray for weeks not getting used.

EDIT AGAIN:
  17. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Added both! Thanks again.

Totally Offtopic: From what a char is that face, i somehow remember it but can't quite place it! :x
  18. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

The Happy Mask Salesman from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
  19. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Aaah it's all coming back now, cheers!
  20. XJaeX

XJaeX New Member

the assassin takes damage because the roof you are on is heated. so that people can camp up there. its in the game, not a glitch. i know what ur talking about.