Shuriken Crits Can Be Forced?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by razman360, August 22, 2010.

1. razman360

razman360 Member

I picked up on, when using the weapon when cloaked, the shuriken launcher fires crits. I may have interperated this wrong but do u always crit when using this weapon when cloaked? (I know you uncloak on use) If this is true, can u force or increase crits for other classes, for instance, i kno you have increased chance of crits with deployed gunner.
  2. SenorPancake

SenorPancake New Member

From my experience, this is an additional benefit of Level 3 cloaking.
    I don't know of any other instances with classes where crits can be automatic outside of juicing.
  3. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Th level two upgrade of the gunners deploy ability gives you crits I do indeed believe. :ugeek:
  4. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Gives you higher chances but not a definite. Same with Assault Passive. In reality I think it's the same with Shruikens but the Crit % is so high on that weapon (because damage is general is so low) that it would appear that each and every one is crit.

I use Crit as Gold on Assault and when you max out Assault Passive it's like damn...
  5. SenorPancake

SenorPancake New Member

I'm fairly sure that the crits are guaranteed for a certain amount of shots. Every shuriken each time has been a crit for me - if it was only a high chance, I'm sure I would have had at least one without crit.
  6. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

The first hit out of Cloak 3 is always a crit, but the shuriken launcher crits in waves. From what I can tell, a wave is as many shurikens as you could fit into the DEFAULT magazine size (before any upgrades etc).

Being too lazy to juice, cloaking during reloads is how I kill Tanks and turrets.
  7. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

nononononononononononononono...NO!

The shuriken launcher does not guarantee a crit for every clip, nor is there a set crit per x waves.

The crits on the shurikens occur like every other weapon...by % chance. It is likely that the chances are larger for the launcher to it being less predictable than other weapons.

The stealth thing however I have no idea, I rarely upgrade to stealth 3 as there is really no need for it.
  8. SenorPancake

SenorPancake New Member

It is an automatic crit if you shoot out of Cloak 3.
    I can confirm this.
  9. razman360

razman360 Member

Crits gold on assault is what I use and it's devastating!!
    I'm going to have to try this out, because it could be a vary valuable tactic. I really want to be an assassin that uses his/her basic weapons alot.
    And *gasp* cloak 3 is great for assassin. You can stand still and be invisible! this is great for patiently stalking a target and waiting for grapple to recharge :D
  10. inc0mplete

inc0mplete New Member

It is true, and I do this fairly often. Any move out of cloak 3, excluding grapple, is a crit.
  11. Adree1

Adree1 New Member

False. I even just did a split-screen test of it just to be sure. The only guaranteed critical is the first 15 or so rounds after cloak. I've reported this as a bug and it never got added to known issues so I'm going to assume it's intended.
  12. Bufger

Bufger New Member

If you get a full clip of crit from the shuriken i think ive found my new build!

Clip size, Skill recovery, fire rate

And cloak 3 will now be achieved before dash 3 which was my usual order.
  13. inc0mplete

inc0mplete New Member

Are you using increase clip? Because the crits will only work for the default clip size. Anything exceeding that still work by %crit.
  14. razman360

razman360 Member

It definitely works guys!! Not sure if it's the whole clip but with cloak 3, cloak and uncloak and fire and it works everytime!! It's brilliant and, though it ain't great for moving targets, it gives the class a nice offensive..thing :D
    what could be a problem with clip size, is that I don't think it works with whole clip, I think I does it with a set amount of projectiles. I think a small clip size would just help to finish off a target tho ;D Rate of fire would be nice tho ;D
  15. XJaeX

XJaeX New Member

yes it will force crit but only for assassin.. works for the sword two..
    is the top way to assassinate a tank. cloak-slash-assassinate-blind-slash
  16. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE
  17. Tidale

Tidale New Member

does this work if you use another smg as asassin
  18. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

only with deploy 3
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Confirmed or not, it doesn't stop me from upgrading to cloak 3 and destroying a downed moneyball from all sorts of annoying camping spots.
  20. Adree1

Adree1 New Member

All it takes to confirm is to get Cloak 3 with no crit upgrades (if you really want to be 100% sure) and cloak/fire off the clip/reload/cloak repeat. You will spit out crit shurikens every single time. You won't kill too many people unless they are standing still but it will melt a turret in seconds.