Where's the 360 Love and How Come PC gets updates?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killien

killien Active Member

Basically you're saying what has been said: MS is slow as s**t when it comes to updates
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Yeah, even for their own games. And they sank a lot of money into the development of Age of Empires Online. If they don't fix it fast...
  3. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, gets annoying. Timegate has been hit by it as well with Section 8 and S8: Prejudice
    The first S8 it would take 2-3 months for even small fixes to be approved, it's faster this time around with S8P but it's still fairly slow

Makes me miss UT2004. 12MB patches and huge changelogs
  4. 13ip0lar

13ip0lar New Member

The fact is Uber can only blame MS for so long, before it becomes obvious that they just don't want to take responsibility for their actions. I agree that Microsoft's policies are ridiculously strict, and outdated. Hell, I just read today that a new game I'm looking forward to (Dungeon Defenders) is cross-platform with everything, except ~drumroll~... XBL. GFG there Microsoft. However, it's now been close to a year since they have updated this game. Imagine my surprise when coming back to the site to look for news on an upcoming update and see the front page had completely changed, and they were pushing SMNC, "announced at PAX". Just wow... Which leads me into this quote:

This in mind, I wouldn't care if I had a computer that I could actually play games currently being released on. Sadly I don't, and even though the holiday season is rapidly approaching, I have yet to land a job, even with a ridiculous of applications out. So imagine my anger when I heard about SMNC. If I were able to afford it, I would drive down to their office and leave them a flaming surprise. Keeping in mind I live in WA, that's how tight cash is.
  5. CCSoloist

CCSoloist New Member

Sad story, bro. No really. :(
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

7. Col_Jessep

Well, I have seen the same thing for Supreme Commander 2. PC version got several good updates, Xbox version none. One of the developers said the restrictions for patch sizes were so harsh that they couldn't get the fixes and new content in. At the same time GfWL makes me download all of Age of Empires Online again for a minor patch with hardly any new content.

I think Microsoft has become too used to making up silly rules and have missed the new developments in the gaming industry. They are just now exploring free to play on GfWL and are failing miserably. A real shame because they ruined a really great franchise.

They will learn, the hard way, but it will probably take a long time.
  8. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

JESSEP!

I have been meaning to ask you, but forgot, do you have access to the SMNC beta?

If so, what you think of Kitteh Turrets?
  9. Col_Jessep

Don't be so impatient. Won't be long now. Remember, Uber said they wanted to release this winter. Winter is coming. :D
  10. CCSoloist

CCSoloist New Member

11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

the rules are always changing though
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I don't think you understood what I was asking....
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

the beta has changed
  14. vampirate

vampirate New Member

I signed up just to bitch so bare with me. I bought the game thinking there would be tons of support, cause... they said there'd be new maps and such. I have been playing sinc e launch, and have watched steam get everything I was promised because updating on xbox is super hard... not exactly a secret that was unknown prior to release. I shrugged after hearing that they were using Steam as a testing ground for what we were going to get on xbox... now they have made a whole new game without a new update in almost a year for us. I feel like they took our money and ran off to build the game they actually wanted to build elsewhere. I love the game, but I find myself doubting I will support any more products from Uber until I at least have the option to PAY them for the promised updates. Yes this rant has been done a million times I am sure, and yes fanboys will rush to uberents rescue, but I payed my money, I believed their promises, my money should at least buy me the right to bitch once.

Edit: I'd like to point out that I myself am a fanboy. I'd also like to point out that as I mentioned it was no secret that Microsoft had a horrible system for patching. No excuse. You release your game on a platform with the kind of promises they did, you accept the difficulties that come with it.
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I agree with new guy 100%
  16. Discern88

Discern88 New Member

17. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Ah, I see people are still as stupid and ignorant as ever.
  18. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well what an argumentum ad hominem.

Care to explain why they are, when he's telling the truth?
  19. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Do I really have to? There's no way that everyone cannot know exactly why Uber did what they did by now. They've said it so many times.

And if you know why, and still grumble about it, you truly haven't come to grips with their situation yet.

Life = Broken Promises

Are you going to cry? Because here's some breaking news: If you got to level 15 in game, you got your money's worth.
  20. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Actually, I didn't pay a thing for Monday Night Combat and level doesn't mean anything. Dohohohoho.

Anyways, there are SO much simpler ways getting around updating a game, especially giving it a small bug fix too. In fact, it's incredibly easy to do a small bug fix. And you can't disagree on that one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.