Dear MNC community, I have a proposition for you.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by TOM12121112, September 23, 2011.

1. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Not hard to learn.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

a good general rule: if your support cant reach you to heal you, you are too far up, so ong as you have a good support.

if you ever need any kind of help/tips with gunner, im sure there must be a guide r two on these forums that would prove helpful.
  3. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

No comment Tom?
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

have fun getting shot in the back.
  5. Bobomb Bob

Bobomb Bob New Member

yea well headcase kept healing his firebase! :x and I've already read the guide :lol: i kill in pubs but privates...not so much
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

are you sure? headcase is usually really good at doing what he is supposed to in a comp game.
  7. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

But I know good Shottie Supports who plays on 2.
    Agots and Gigivus
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

agots isnt a shotgun support, he turtles.

and lol gigivus sucks.
  9. Bobomb Bob

Bobomb Bob New Member

probably...maybe..idk i just know i gots to werk on my gunnr! :geek:
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

try running a gold acc build in pubs. it helps.
  11. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

12. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I use 3 sensitivity for support. My first shot is always dead on. Good luck assassins. My followups (if required) go wide left or right. Except for tanks and gunners. Its like shooting the broadside of a barn.
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'd like to get some going today around 5:45pm EST when I get out of work. Could someone tell me what's going on with XBL though?

Bobomb, every class has it's own priorities and style of awareness. The gunner needs to be aware of staying out of the line of the enemy sniper's fire. He has to predict and be aware of the enemy support/gunner combo and see how you can stay a step ahead, or get the better angle on them. You are essentialy the best class for slaying, gaining map control, and keeping map control. You should be allowed to rely on your tank and assassin to worry about the lanes, while you keep an eye on all the hot spots for pro's to be. A good gunner shouldn't put himself in a position where a good competitive support can't reach him.

That may be stuff you already know, but figured I'd write it anyway.

edit : Map awareness.

You and your support need to be right in the middle of the action. On steel peel, you should fluxuate between the mid ring, to their launch pad jump up in order to maintain map control.

Spunky- I'm not 100% sure, but I know mid map matters like always. Stay around corners and out of distanced sniper/rail gun fire. Use the walls for the element of surprise. Since there is only one bot lane to worry about, I find that you're able to attack from their by their juice machine and put pressure on mulitiple sides IF you have a dependable bot slayer allowing the rest of the team to spread out.

Ammomule you should hopefully be getting overhealed as you take top mid. You're extremely vulrenable from many angles so you need to be careful here. Don't drift too far away from your support and push up when you get a few pro's down.

Lazerazor - This you have some more freedom in, but once again it's top mid that matters. You're able to comfortable push the sides if your team needs help, but you need to lock down the front center.

GIII, it's a tough map, but all you can really do is push a side while overhealed. It requires more than just good chemistry/strategy between the gunner and support, it really requires the whole team.

That's it for now.
    Last edited: October 3, 2011
  14. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

Live went out for me about 4 hours ago but came up within about an hour

btw I probably won't be able to play unless they start earlier
    Last edited: October 3, 2011
  15. joker

joker Active Member

im gonna give these another go and just mute certain ppl. count me in for todays, wanna try out some different builds on a few classes
  16. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

We could try doing one now. I can see 8 people who would probably play.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yay! I got a router now! I can play games now! I will try to be around for the matches...I kinda feel like poo atm, hangover ftl.
  18. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

Excuse me I need to sneeze ah-ah *achoo skill achoo*
  19. joker

joker Active Member

just once more for my own self-satisfaction before i mute him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFeg-LbYX2c

mmmmm, nubgunner is an entree best served with a side of "this never happened"... until there are videos, then its even better.

<3 the rest of you guys and look forward to more matches
  20. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

GG's to everyone in the private matches. Sorry that yet again I couldn't speak :( Also, sorry Psycho that my support was bad. Half the time I was trying to catch up to you as I couldn't speak to you and the other half I was dead :? .

Sorry to bobomb for stealing all your kills (I was in beast mode, the British version) :p .

I'm happy to see that Gunked is an epic Gunner now. He really does give me a run for my money / respawn room :evil: . Glad this is happening daily as I thought MNC was pretty much dead.