Dear MNC community, I have a proposition for you.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by TOM12121112, September 23, 2011.

1. joker

joker Active Member

good game, fun to watch. i cant believe you guys won. considering the botplay i cant tell if icemen's money being spent on all those turrets was good or bad lol but as the old saying goes, wildman is the best
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

No your the best! ;)
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Fun games, but idk if my host cut it in those games. There was too much juice/overtime lag. Took a while to get these matches going but it was worth balancing the teams evenly. We were def out slaying you guys but couldn't make much progress bot wise. Our support and assassin were completely new to competitive play, but were awesome at listening. The support understandably had a tough time following our gunner, but made the effort to overheal him. Our assassin had trouble pushing bots, but did a pretty good job preventing bots from taking our ball down. She also knew to play an objective based game, instead of going for pros. Our downfall was def taking way too long to pick classes. By the time we picked we were already fighting out of the base.

Very fun matches and I'll try to continue hosting them. Let's try to expand our community and bring in some familiar pub players into these matches. Juggalodano, mana corporation, and knives say they're willing to play some matches, as well as a few others. Most of us figured out the meta game, but the new influx of players sorta gives the matches a different feel. We need to be positive and polite with constructive criticism if anyone new is gonna want to stick around.

I get out of work at 5pmEST, and will host them if there are enough people on. If not I'll probably get on late like last night and try again.

/story
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

in
  5. gunked

gunked New Member

I can see now why Tom really didnt want to play Gunner....hmmmm
  6. Typical Knave

Typical Knave New Member

Looks like a fun match, I guess I missed when these happened, would've loved to play some. Am I not on enough people's friends list any more?
  7. teapot

Tom refused to play gunner because he doesn't like to play gunner. I'll go gunner and play with turntables, it doesn't matter too much to me.

I think I still have you on my list knave, I pretty much invited everyone I saw on last night regardless if they like private matches or not.
  8. Typical Knave

Typical Knave New Member

You do still have me on your list, I guess I must've been offline or something when these happened, I was on most of the day. I just wanted to make sure people know I'm available and wanting to play whenever there are privates and wasn't sure if I needed to be on more friends lists(like Tom since he keeps deleting me! It's okay, i still <3 you)

I won't be on tonight though, I'm at work til 12a EST. Will be on tomorrow though.
  9. teapot

We're playing right now. Team Teapot vs Team Skill.

Team Teapot -
    Gunked
    RustClan
    augeraj
    boy goat toy
    psychoben

Team Skill-
    Hybridbuck
    Apathetic Wraith
    Bobomb Bob
    TimmyTED
    Juggalo777

with headcase subbing for Hybrid now.

Tied at 2-2 right now.

Steel Peel - Skill
    LazeRazor - Skill
    AmmoMule - Teapot
    Grenade 3 - Teapot
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sh!t. I really want to play some privates. I should check this thread more often. I need to know ahead of time so I can "convince" my brother to let me play online for a couple hours.

More tomorrow night?
  11. gunked

gunked New Member

maybe more tonight send teapot yo a friend request he is setting them up right now
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

He's already on my friends list.
  13. teapot

It's impossible to set up matches here on the forums. I won't be able to tell when privates will go down until I turn my xbox on and see how many people are interested. There were about 7 people today who played who I never have seen post here before, and maybe 3 I've never seen in general.

I work tomorrow until 5:00EST, then will come home and see if there are enough people to play then. POTENTIAL PRIVATE MATCH at 5:30EST. That's as much of a heads up I can give you there stretch, it's just too hard to set these up in advance.

Tom can you update the list and include the players that played today?

Today's matches went well. Took about 5-10 minutes to gather all the players needed, and another 5 to make the teams. There's not much we can do about that though. The community is small and the private match options are extremely pathetic, so if you want to play you have to be patient. We've been using the captain system lately, and it seems to work. The 2 captains just have to prioritize classes when picking.

The first game we lost, but we outslayed them. They managed to sneak bots in, then chip the ball preventing it from going back up until they eventually won. Tried my damn hardest to stop apathetic and hybridbuck from chipping it but it was impossible. Hybrid was bouncing grenades from the anni which is rather annoying lol.

The second game they got bots in again and took down our ball. Chipped it again to about 1/4 health but we managed to get it back up eventually. Pretty sure it hit OT and they juiced our ball before we could juice theirs.

Third game I switched to assassin because my sniper was useless, and because apathetic was just dominating the lanes. I don't think he was ready for my asssassin ;) Snuck a bot in then had to wait a while until we got another bot in. Juiced, then won the game.

By the fourth game we needed more players and got some new players. They did pretty bad, and didn't talk, but I guess they tried. The teams switched up, and the opposing team's gunner quit a minute prior to dropping their ball. Prior to that they were just fighting to keep bots out as a lot got close. Not technically a win, but it would have been if he didn't quit. The gunner was bad anyway.

Pyschoben tore it up, Bobomb Bob (who I never heard of before) did really well, and [BeAM]augeraj really impressed me.

let's keep this up.

/novel
  14. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

Great novel. Better than that nerd.

And augeraj? Wuz wearing beam?
    If he was n isn't Canadian ima bi*ch slap him...
  15. teapot

Yup, beam used to be a team a while ago. I'm not sure if he was on that team or not.

Sorry to anyone who was hoping for another bed time story
  16. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

I know what beam is teapot...
  17. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Yea Aug used to be on Beam. And he is Canadian.
  18. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

19. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Great games yesterday, thank you TeaPot for setting everything up. I posted the videos online, hopefully it will convince more people to join private.

Gunked did a incredible job leashing me on the second games, I always feel like good gunner are the best support. (Nova, Wildman and now Gunked)

The third game, BoyGoat was my support, I apologize for going off on him, but for god sake he was killing bot with his healgun instead of healing me. You can see it at 9:23 of the third videos. If he would have heal me we could have most probably overtake their base !!!

From Teapot post :
    Monday Night Combat Private #1 Sept 27th Tank
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szbDrBSNoJU
    The first game we lost, but we outslayed them. They managed to sneak bots in, then chip the ball preventing it from going back up until they eventually won. Tried my damn hardest to stop apathetic and hybridbuck from chipping it but it was impossible. Hybrid was bouncing grenades from the anni which is rather annoying lol.

Monday Night Combat Private #2 Sept 27th Gunner with Gunked as leashed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pt1GrvOSwo&feature=channel_video_title
    The second game they got bots in again and took down our ball. Chipped it again to about 1/4 health but we managed to get it back up eventually. Pretty sure it hit OT and they juiced our ball before we could juice theirs.

Monday Night Combat Private #3 Sept 27th Gunner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFn3YLMc1Ms&feature=channel_video_title
    Third game I switched to assassin because my sniper was useless, and because apathetic was just dominating the lanes. I don't think he was ready for my asssassin Snuck a bot in then had to wait a while until we got another bot in. Juiced, then won the game.

Monday Night Combat Private #4 Sept 27th Tank
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhcL5OwQllU&feature=channel_video_title
    By the fourth game we needed more players and got some new players. They did pretty bad, and didn't talk, but I guess they tried. The teams switched up, and the opposing team's gunner quit a minute prior to dropping their ball. Prior to that they were just fighting to keep bots out as a lot got close. Not technically a win, but it would have been if he didn't quit. The gunner was bad anyway.
    Last edited: September 28, 2011
  20. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Lol RustCLAN played Assault on all of 'em. You guys had 2 Assaults at 1 time.