Tug-of-War Crossfire Gametype Idea.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TheJustinIsALie, August 16, 2010.

1. Josephs16

Josephs16 New Member

im a supporter to this all the way and i love how the game is abit longer so it doesnt end it 2 minutes or so... it would involve alot more teamwork beecause you will get to know your team and you may play to you teams advantadges etc.

:arrow: to explain everything i said up there if you cant be bothered to read it I LOVE IT.
  2. SenorPancake

SenorPancake New Member

I had the same idea a while back.

Instead of having other money balls, I envisioned a giant lever that the bots literally jump onto and pull down with their own weight. As soon as 3 bots hit it, the lever gets pulled, any enemy bots in the vicinity get destroyed. The idea is that I want to make the territories require bots to push on, but not many. It will encourage turret building because of the sheer ease of taking a territory, and it will move much quicker.

Additionally, an idea to consider: If there are 5 territories, the bots from the losing team spawn slightly overhealed. (So if one team has 3 and the other 2, the bots spawn at 125%, then if they're against the wall with only their moneyball, they spawn at 150%. These are just ideas.

I support the idea.
  3. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

good idea. i had a very similar idea but im glad u went into it alot more than me. great idea this game needs another game wether if its simple TDM or a Tug-Of-War game mode.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I support this. Of course though if it does become part of the game it will have more elaborate maps.

Also reading this idea made me think of a variant with a central ball. It actually got me thinking alot about it. lol

With the added pictures that gave me an idea that I think would be awesome for this game. A simple map editor. Since they are simple floating maps. Something like in Time Splitters. Where as it's pre-made structure that snap together and the actual editor is grid based.

(I guess I should make my own thread elaborating on my won ideas?lol)

[Edit] ikickrocksyo reminded me of my only dislike, which was the time limit. Personally I think it's extremely long. I mean a 30 minute game total is long enough.
    Last edited: August 20, 2010
  5. ikickrocksyo

ikickrocksyo New Member

You get a +1 from me, but quick question. I've honestly never played too many online shooters, but from what I have played, isn't an hour (30 mins overtime) a little too long? Like what happens if players get lagged out or d/c, then new players joining in will be at a disadvantage with everyone else being tech'ed up and controlling turrets.

Again, I don't have the insight to be sure, but just a concern.
  6. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

This map would be aimed at people that enjoy long game modes, In TF2 I could play the same map with the same people for a few hours and it would be a bunch of fun.

Theres always the problem of disconnections but in TF2 you could rejoin, Not sure how much of a problem it will be in MNC.
  7. nopecakoo

nopecakoo New Member

Put me down as a supporter cause this game type sounds awesome!! id love to play this!!
  8. Josephs16

Josephs16 New Member

just in case i didnt make it clear enough last time :p :lol: put me down on the supporters list the way i see it as the more supporters it has the more likely it is to be noticed
  9. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Support. Love it.
  10. Monty

Monty New Member

I think this would be loads of fun, I support it. However, I have a major problem with the time. A potential hour and a half for one game would be entirely too long.
  11. Faulty46

Faulty46 New Member

I support this!
  12. Gern3r

Gern3r New Member

Cool Idea. Count me as a supporter.
  13. Slatts

Slatts New Member

Definitely a good idea.
    100% support a longer game mode, and this seems like a good way to do it.
  14. TheJustinIsALie

This game mode is for people who enjoy multiplayer games with more depth, 1 hour is good for some bad for others. They will still have the 15min mode for people that just want a casual experience.
  15. morventhus

morventhus New Member

BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!
  16. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I like it and the level of thought you've put into it is insane.

However, an hour time limit? Crossfire has never felt any longer then 15 to me. Can anyone correct me on crossfire's limit?

I'm always at the assumption that the match isn't going to be a complete bum rush and end early, so an hour is quite a long time.

Granted, I've just realized this late in my typing that a gametype of this nature probably would take that long, but still....
  17. TheJustinIsALie

Time until Crossfire goes into a 2min overtime is 15mins.

The time limit is just a guide really, I'm sure some matches would not even reach the time limit but 1 hour is just how long I would expect MOBA style games to last.

If you kill the Money Ball there is no need for a time limit, But the time limit basically means "Hurry up, Your taking too long".
  18. bunnelz

bunnelz New Member

love it sign me up
  19. Chosen Predator

Chosen Predator New Member

Great idea, keep thinking of more while you're on a role :)
  20. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

im in!!