Attention New Players

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by heavensnight, September 15, 2011.

1. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

You're getting better, keep it up.
  2. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Funny.
  4. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Message in a bottle, floating through the ocean we know as the Internet.

I spose we could just sit down a new guy and explain everything to him in about 10 minutes, but there's no reason to and they won't sit down to listen.

Hobo, y u no play support wars?
  5. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

pretty much
  6. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

As a new player I'd be raging to pay for MNC when everyone soon migrates over to SMNC, being free-to-play and all.
  7. hobo-with-a-shotgun

I treat MNC like a deathmatch now. If I manage to shoot everyone many many times, then I won.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Gray Fox still needs to learn this.
  9. Izanagi No Ookami

Izanagi No Ookami New Member

Indeed.
  10. hobo-with-a-shotgun

Playing to win is pointless when assassin is so, so good at shutting down so much or your team, turrets and bots. Especially when most people apparently haven't got the two brain cells needed to play it properly.
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Gray Fox's assassin gets countered by my gunner. True story.
  12. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Y U ON TOP OF THE THREAD?
  13. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I'll deathmatch when there's nothing other than the nameless masses about, but if there's even a hint, a faint smell of competition, I'll play to win.

Really, by playing assassin I gain my strength from killing bots and turrets. Bots give me cash, juice, and speed that I need to get ahead of the game, safeguard myself, and get in for the kill. Turrets provide the enemy sanctuary, and lower my killing ability. By killing the enemy as quick and efficiently as possible, I essentially have to win the game.

I think the main thing is that I can't stand carrying a team about the entire match only to lose. The (bad playing) enemy is not allowed confidence, he is not allowed to raise is morale. He is to be harassed, made haggard, and as a side affect, irate. It all helps lower his efficiency. Winning a game he didn't deserve gives him false hope that can only be dashed on the rocks in the foreseeable future. Furthermore there's a great feeling of being cheated, and of being held back. SMNC will be nice with ranked base matchmaking.

Nobody feels good when a Sniper buys the juice box out from under you during Overtime only to get himself killed by a Jackbot. Nobody.
  14. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

15. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

Coming from someone who pushes Assassin play? :lol:

Oh the irony :roll:
  16. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Only thing overpowered about the assassin is her ability to kill bots, everything else can be countered with awareness. Surprisingly, bot killing can be countered with guardianship and teamwork, fancy that.

Assassin is a skill play. Her moves cannot be heightened to extreme means like the other Pros. A perfect Sniper wipes the floor, an accurate Assault can keep an entire team in check, and cunning Gunner can make the enemy base a living hell. The Assassin can only excel where ignorance exists. A double entendre- one for simply not understand the Assassin and two for ignoring a bot lane's movements. Were we to pretend that competitive play existed on the PC, two teams with competent players would have their assassins greatly checked. We can only thrive when the enemy acts with a blind eye.
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

18. NintOMan

NintOMan New Member

Yeah if you consider 'skill' play just mashing skill keys for desired result then sure. The ability for a Sin to stay alive by simply jetting into the air and lunging away (all of which are on ridiculously short cooldowns) makes her almost impossible to stop without some forward thinking. I know how predictable sins are but being aware of them does not mean being aware of where they're going to be 2 seconds after they've done what they needed to do. Bots melt in milliseconds and all those juice/money drops she instantly picks up only further incentivises the bot spam. Until of course she has juice then she can disable that lvl3 rockit and do some menacing damage before getting checked.

The point is this. To counter a Sin is to spend all game tracking their play-style and patterns, then hanging back to make sure they're not cheesing your base and/or bot bay. A lvl3 shaveice in the your base, preferably hacked, shows how bad most sin players really are. Once they can't do their cheap cavorts through your base, they're left scratching their heads at how to next spam their buttons, and the answer is usually to then start spamming the grapple button, and usually to zero effect unless they have ping on their side.
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Forward thinking = Having a brain

Assassins (all of them) are predictable. There is no exception to this rule (well, maybe those ungodly horrible assassins who don't know the game).
    If you see an assassins you should know where they are going, what they will do and how they will do it. If you can't do that you lost and therefore you are horrible, which means "Get the f*ck out of my game.".

Killing an assassin, or at least annoying the living sh*t out of him is incredibly easy if you play gunner or assault.
  20. hobo-with-a-shotgun

People play assassin to win when they can't do it with any other class.

[​IMG]