Some Things About PC MNC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Zatchmo, September 12, 2011.

1. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Now that I've started to use my mouse and keyboard,. I've got a couple questions.

Is there a better layout I should use key wise? Right now I find it hard to hit all of the keys when I need to while still maintaining movement and accuracy. Maybe it'll come with time.

As this is my first game using the mouse and keyboard, should I lower my sensitivity? If so, really low, or about the middle of the bar. On a side not, I think I've got a bug where my mouse sensitivity cannot be changed when I click accept and return to game. I go back to options and it's still near the end of the slider. Fixes?

After last night's session, I can say that ASSAULTS ARE OVERPOWERED. Not really, but they really embarrassed me as a Gunner, when they got up in my face I was just frantically jerking around trying to spray them as the flew a foot above me raining boolits on my face.

Sniper, while I couldn't move around for sht, was really cool! I landed several headshots on pretty much every class. Gunners? lrn2mortar or u dead. Obv.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

When you say "find it hard" do you mean that they don't register or you just can't press them?
    If it's the latter you basically have to find keys that are easy to get to (or you use your mouse buttons).

Use a sensitivity that feels "right".
    For reference: I use 2140 DPI on assassin and 400 on everything else, this is not mandatory but just feels right (though you have to take into account that I use other mouse specific settings).
    And disable mouse acceleration in the Windows settings.

You have to edit the .ini files.
    Thinks it's C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileInput.ini

Gunners don't counter assaults after all.
  3. Goose

Goose Active Member

My setup for my skills is great for me and it may be better for you as well. I use Q for reload, E for skill upgrades, Z for Blue, X for Yellow, C for Red, Shift for turrets/juice dispenser/Annihilator, F for melee, G for taunt (don't use it much), and Left CTRL for Juice. Vlane hates my setup :p
  4. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

q yellow
    mouse 4 blue
    mouse 5 red
    e quick switch
    r melee
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Because it's inefficient.
  6. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Lol what's the most efficient then?
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

One that doesn't involve not being able to move perfectly while using skills.
  8. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

9. Myst

Myst New Member

He means one where you can hit every possible movement key combination and still access all your skills.

I just stick everything on a 5 button mouse.
  10. Kel

Kel New Member

WASD: Movement
    Q: Weapon switch
    R: Reload
    B: Buy
    E: Skill X
    Mouse 5: Skill X
    the key over control: Skill X
    Juice: control
  11. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

12. Goose

Goose Active Member

I fail to see how it's any more inefficient than any other set up. If I would have to take my fingers off WASD for less than half a second. And how would the default be any different?

EDIT: I ****ed up my first post, I have Q for weapon switch and have reload on the mouse.
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You take keys that are under WASD. That's the problem.
    I've played a hotkey based game for six years and one thing I noticed is that it hurts like hell to pull your fingers back instead of stretching them for a long period of time. I used QWE for moving and had very situational stuff on ASD (that way I had one hotkey more).
    Doesn't work as well in MNC (or any shooter) but that's not the point.

The default setup is also not amazing.
    The best way would be to bind the two other skills to mouse 4 and 5 but I don't like that because the thumb is just slow as hell.
    I press Q and E lightly with my fingertips which works fine (may not work fine for you).
  14. Goose

Goose Active Member

It hurts YOU, I however don't feel any sort of pain. Besides, you're using the same muscle to move it back than to move it forward so I don't get that at all.

It does for me and I do alright...

Your thumb is slow as hell. This is what I did when the game first came out and I didn't like how I had no reload button on my mouse and how it isn't laid out from left to right like ZXC. I have Q and E taken and I like my setup. Your preference isn't the same as mine, accept it.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Same muscle, different way of moving it though.
    And with long periods I meant about 3-7 hours a day for, let's say 600 days.

So you move with QWE in MNC?
    And I perform better so my setup is obviously better than yours right?

No, every thumb is slow as hell when compared to the other fingers, that's why I think the Razer Naga is so cute and horrible for, let's say WoW (unless you play a healer). You just can't spam that fast with your thumb.

I'm just saying that yours is inferior, you can still use it.
  16. Goose

Goose Active Member

Such fail logic, and no i don't use QWE to move.
  17. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Arsonist helped me out. Think I'll stick with the defaults. I'm already getting better after like 10 games.

People already whine when I headshot them. Seriously, just play Assault or Assassin and I can't do jack sht to you right now... :lol: The only thing that I think that I'll change is the weapon switch from the scroll to something. I dunno.
  18. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Setups are cool and all, but they give you a very minor advantage. It's far more about just knowing the class and the game.
  19. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Oh, in terms of knowing the game I statistically know more than everyone on the leaderboards.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Statistically you didn't know that gunners don't counter assaults.