My take on MnC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MatthewMk2, August 20, 2010.

1. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

MnC Reminds me of 'Splosion Man. An Independent game thats trying to hard to be cool. It just gets really annoying! If the game and devs would just Shut Up and let the gameplay do the talking, then maybe I would like it more.
  2. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

How does a game shut up? I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Try re-wording this to be less like it came out of you Fry-hole.

Edit: From a guy playing a game as stylized as Tango Down, you seem to be complaining about stylization.
  3. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I don't quite see how it's "trying too hard to be cool". The game fits well into it's own setting and with it's audience.
  4. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Your right. Nobody can understand me, I Rs teh StuPidZ. Ughh. I don't know why I bothered posting. Im crap at putting my thoughts into words.

What Im trying to say is, to me, MnC Is like, No wait. Did you ever watch Yahtzee's ZP review of 'Splosion man? Thats were I got the example from. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/892-2-5D-Hoedown
    Since Its so hard for a game to stand out in today's market, Indie devs have to do all they can get people to notice their game. MnC, by itself is just a mash up of TF2, DotA. Sure its fun, but that's not always enough for a game to get noticed. So MnC added the game show thing. Its all noisy and Flashy, telling Unfunny jokes, and all the talk about Bacon. Jumpping up and down, waving Hey look at me! And that bugs me.

Anywho, Did that make any sense? No? Oh well.
  5. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I kind of get what you're saying but that's just the setting and personality of the game as a whole. Without that it'd be just another boring realistic shooter. Not everyone sets out to make games that are realistic or that aren't loud and obnoxious.
  6. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

What about TF2? It has way more personality then MnC without all the flashy, Noisy Hey look at me crap.

You know what? Never mind. Just let me mute the god dammed announcer and Ill be happy.
    Oh, and more Pit Girl would be nice too.
  7. amt alis

amt alis New Member

Remember how the devs always tried shoving bacon into every preview and interview. To me that just reeked of trying to hard to be funny. The announcer is pretty lame, the games humor is like something I would expect to be aimed at children and it's really just not funny

I barely even played tf2 but the game and devs is so funny I still read the wiki and all the blog announcements. MNC is not even close to that, but they're constantly shoving "humor" down your throat trying to pull out a laugh.
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

bacon.
  9. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Yes, Bacon. There Is such thing as too much Bacon. I know it sounds crazy, but its true.
    Also,capital B for Bacon. <--- Im nutz :p
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Good point. What were we thinking? We'll remove all the bad humor and only keep the good stuff. Good Humor DLC Pack.
  11. sokoto

sokoto New Member

:eek: Pwned. :eek:
  12. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Awesome! Wait, no no, Thats not right. Don't change a thing! Im krazy remember? Also, Ive already bought MnC, you have my money so you dont need to worry about keeping me happy. Anywho... Cake! [​IMG]
  13. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Uber Pwnage! HaHA... Cause their Uber Entertainment? No? Ahh, :(
  14. Shon3n

Shon3n New Member

Gameplay >

I could care less about the cheesy jokes, the game is fun regardless imo.
  15. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Exactly!
  16. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

Actually, when you look at the "setting" for MNC, the tone and attitude fits in. It's "our" obsession with sports and how, between extreme sports and reality shows, violent both can become. MNC is "The Running Man" as a team game....it's old style "Roller Derby" with how it is perceived. I find everything within the game to make sense in the "universe" that the devs have created, from the sponsors to the personalities to the over the top announcer...is he annoying, yes, but so are most announcers.

That's MY take on MNC. Fine job, Uber.
  17. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Yes,Yes,yes. Can we please have a "Mute the Announcer" Button already? But just the announcer. I like Pit Girl and the Pros talking.
  18. Bufger

Bufger New Member

This!!! it reminds me of the running man too and the humour of it fits in perfectly.

Dont go hating the game just because you dont have the same sense of humour as other people. I actually like some of the comments! if i kill a tank head on with a supports shotgun you'll hear 'oooo you dont see that every day' which is not only fitting it also feels kind of interactive which adds to the experience.

Thanks for your opinions though. hah
  19. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

I have to admit, I am a big fan of this game. This said, the humor reeks of 12 - 15 year olds. But hey its called marketing.

And older folks still grin at a few kids jokes, I smiled the first 10 or so times I heard the announcer say that was amazing.... amaaaaazingggg. I just mute the telly tbh, put some tunes on. Or if im in party chat I dont even notice it.

The gameplay is fun, thats all im fussed about.

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, not about this game but sometimes marketing or presentation can get up my nose and irritate me regardless of the game.
  20. blue atlas

blue atlas New Member

I think the sense of humor and the game show theme are what make the game so unique and in a way more exciting. I do think that having an option to turn off the announcer would be a good idea eventually though. If I play the game for more than a year I definitely wouldn't want the announcer yelling in my ear anymore.