Heading to PAX Prime

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Fangeye, August 25, 2011.

1. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

Good Idea, or CTS trivia so it goes to people who know the reference. Just wanted to update was taking to Eka at the booth and being the awesome person he is contributed 10 more codes to the cause =D. Hopefully that will be enough to last a while and fun times will be had by all :mrgreen:.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sweetness! Since I already have a CTS outfit I could maybe help with the MNC trivia and stuff. Unless of course you want to do it all.

So that's 20 CTS codes...man I should have asked for a few when I had the chance.
  3. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

So many codes can only mean one thing.

[​IMG]
  4. Kel

Kel New Member

Is that a new outfit or the same assasine-style that was given out by the last PAX?
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

Just curious, was the game play tested at all at Pax?
  6. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

It is the same battle damaged Cardboard Tube Samurai as PAX East. As for gameplay sadly no, all they had showing the game was a TV playing the trailer and a video of gameplay footage and art as well as one of the artist constantly drawing so you could watch.

And Deadstretch, yes you should have asked =P. If you have ideas for some trivia you can get started on that, post timestamp/order should make the winner easy to determine.
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

how did the gameplay look?
  8. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?!
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

YOU HEARD THE MAN!!!!
  10. NeoCyberman

Attached Files:

11. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

It was just quick flashes so hard to tell. Noticed some MNC assets still being used like the annihilator, juice stations and support firebase. The jungle map ( same as the release trailer ) looks most similar to LazorRazor with two major levels and lots of corners. They want combat to last longer so engaging in team battles and seeing why you died is easier. It seems a lot is still in flux while they get that worked out for all of the classes. I think this was mentioned in the Kotaku article but matches are now 5v5 instead of 6v6.
  12. NeoCyberman

If we had broad access we could dissect it.

But at this stage I would imagine a lot of things are in flux so it might not be worth it.
  13. Goose

Goose Active Member

I sure hope they don't change the game too much. It kinda seems like there is gonna be way less action now which is what made MNC so difficult at times as well as fun. I know the overall pace of the game is slower but can a dev please confirm whether or not that just has to do with the objective or the slaughter as well?
  14. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

"We've changed the balance and lowered the lethality," Comes explained. "People tend to live a little bit longer [in the new game.] There are a lot more tactical battles, so the gameplay is a little bit more intense."

This is a quote from the Kotaku article ( http://kotaku.com/super-monday-night-combat/ ) that was a direct quote from John Comes the Creative Director. So yes combat will not be quite as quick. I would hold off on judgment until playing though because we have no idea how exactly that plays out, besides it will be free :mrgreen:. As long as SMNC encourages and rewards an aggressive playstyle that is what I liked about the original and I hope continues in the new iteration.

Also it would probably be best to discuss this in the SMNC forum as this thread is soon to be about giving away awesome codes!
  15. Coookie

Coookie New Member

wish i could have been there to see the gameplay :(
  16. Goose

Goose Active Member

So I get a free code right?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hopefully you take all those hearts into account. Also, I hand typed all of those. No copy and paste involved I promise :eek:

?
    ??
    Last edited: August 29, 2011
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

?

This heart is way better than all of your hearts combined.
  18. Goose

Goose Active Member

I don't know what your talking about Vlane.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

"With all your powers combined I am Captain Planet!"
    • Captain Planet, he's our hero,
      Gonna take pollution down to zero,
      Gonna help him put us under,
      Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"

I may or may not have 5 CTS codes thanks to Fangeye. Sometime later today I will make a thread to give away those 5 codes and it's going to be done through Monday Night Combat trivia!
  20. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

Alright I am back and I will be starting off with some Cardboard Tube Samurai trivia starting around 12:30pm to 1:00pm PST tomorrow, or in 13 and a half or 14 hours!