Any other fighting game enthusiasts out there?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Grec, January 13, 2011.

1. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

2. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

Call me a dirty whore then spank my bottom with a whip, plox.
  3. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

They are though. Everytime they release a new version it's the same as the last
    one with a few new characters but an even looser set of controls. MK 2 arcade
    was tight as was SF2 hyper fighting Arcade but the console versions since... :roll:
    Obscure for Wales. I had to get Vampire Savior on Japanese import 'cos no shops had
    heard of it.
  4. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

How about Guardian Heroes for Saturn - side scrolling action with characters
    that behave more like beat em characters than the usual side scroller.
    It even had a 6 player mode which was fun but did slow down to hell. Not much
    skill was needed but it did have a good story & various bosses depending on
    which route you took. I don't want to accuse Castle Crashers of ripping it off
    but if the cap fits...
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Anyone played the Deadliest Warrior game?
  6. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

7. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

Not gonna make a topic, but 3rd Strike: Online is coming out tomorrow in the states. Probably in a day or two for Europeans and the like. Anyone picking this up? I'm gonna grab it ASAP. Key features that are appealing are the use of GGPO (great lag hiding technique to similar offline play), uploading matches to Youtube, replays (kinda expected with the feature just before), trial mode, etc.

Anyone that doesn't know 3rd Strike is the third iteration of Street Fighter 3. Capcom has a nasty tendency to make multiple edits of the same game. See Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition recently.
  8. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I'm tempted but I suck at links. Probably half the combos I'd need to survive in the ecosystem will be links.

That and parrying.

Q does interest me though.
  9. PlumbumTheEpic

I will hijack the topic for MORTAL KOMBAT!

Well, I like it, even if the best kombo I can do is 32% damage and incredibly simple.
  10. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

Apparently I was misled, it comes out today on PSN, tomorrow on 360.
    Links are something you get used to. Parrying is more recognizing your opponent's patterns, and not something you should rely on 100% of the time anyway, as your opponent can abuse your parry-happy ways. Q does look interesting, as does most of the cast, actually. I'm getting the game with very little experience with it too, if that makes you feel any better. =P
    You can't hijack a topic with something that pertains to the topic, silly. MK isn't my cup of tea, but it's somewhat interesting.
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

It's pretty funny that when I first got my 360, I hunted for days for Street Fighter Anniversary Edition to play 3rd Strike. Now Online Edition is out and it'll probably drop the value of this fairly hard to find game.

Oh well, I'll still get it if I find some spare cash. I've always wanted to try the GGPO netcode.

I like Mortal Kombat, even if you're likely to see this a lot.
  12. PlumbumTheEpic

He was just unlucky enough to not have a teleporter. Any Smoke would have ended that projectile spam in seconds. Any other teleporter, Nightwolf or Kenshi would have shut it down

and Kabal and Sindel have equal zoning games, so I guess that was inevitable.
  13. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

$15 additional DLC for crap that I have on my Dreamcast copy.
    That was a nice surprise this morning.
  14. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Out of genuine curiosity, how does online work for the Dreamcast version?
  15. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

It actually didn't have online functionality! The last edition of Alpha 3 did, though.
    Back in MY day (1999?) we didn't NEED no online VS mode, we went down to the local brick n' mortal game shop and had tourneys.
    GGPO was just a twinkle in some dude's eye and MUGEN's roster only consisted of KARATE JOE palette swaps.