New Classes are Bad.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by grayfox, August 23, 2011.

1. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

once you've upgraded all your basic abilities your ulti should be available for purchase
  2. Goose

Goose Active Member

This thread is BS, there is plenty room for more classes.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Adding a new class would be fine

As long as they remove the sniper first
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

Or put in a class that counters Sniper. I would be ok with that as well.
  5. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

A well played Assassin can counter the sniper pretty easily.
  6. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

After much deep thought I must say that the overall character balance does follow some sort of order but the way in which the classes counter one another cause problems with the addition of new classes.

I have also recently had the notion of a total rebalance should a new class be added or a tighter redefinition of class roles for the sake of overall balance.

The structure of the maps have little bits to play to each classes strengths so unless all the maps get revisions no new class.
  7. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

This isn't directly stated towards me, but I'm using it as my bounce-off point.

Never said impossible, just a giant pain in the arse to do. As for level 4 skill upgrades, they'd cost 1067 or 750 depending on how you look at the formula, which is just silly. Too much emphasis on personal power and too little on bots and turrets if you do that - pulling us away from tactics and back towards Deathmatch derpdom. If you're at the point where the only open use for your money is juice, you're either stomping or both teams aren't playing the game to win.

There could be a seventh class, aye. It could be balanced, aye. However, I don't think it would be an easy task, and I think it will start off par.

Case and Point: Death Knights.

PS: I'm with this guy on the point of class counterings ^
  8. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

To note The new character that was mentioned will most likely be the dangerzone boss.
  9. Skelingtonking

Skelingtonking Member

what if the one on the right is like a random drop item with limited ammo. if its a bio rifle, maybe it will poison or do an AOF .

and what about a saddle that the support could use to ride a bouncer into battle?

no evidence for that. but the loading screen has been taunting me for ever.
  10. BOOM-STICK

BOOM-STICK New Member

I endorse the commando idea Jotun came up with.
  11. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I don't care what they do as long as sniper is rebalanced. You'd have to be trolling to even come up with a more powerful class in terms of killing potential.
  12. Goose

Goose Active Member

I came up with Commando since xbox version.
  13. daztora

daztora New Member

No more classes, fix the ones you have
  14. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

a class that dualweilds sniper rifles to counter the regular sniper

sounds like a good idea right?
  15. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

You're doing it wrong :shock:
  16. killien

killien Active Member

I really hope so, as it stands even someone with mediocre aim can do some damage on maps like Spunky or GrenadeIII
    Especially since that damn rifle has client side hitreg...
  17. Goose

Goose Active Member

fixd
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

a bikini assassin.........i will eventually annoy you enough with this uber and you will do it before you release the next MNC if it ever comes out!!!!
  19. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

Okay, for all those who say there isn't a spot for new classes, let's talk about TF2 real quick. "Oh no not another TF2 comparison speech again!" you say, but shut up for a second and listen to me.

[​IMG]

Do you know what this is? This is the Demoman Class in TF2. He's a defensive class that uses only projectile based weaponry as his means of defense. This isn't the class that could go storming into a base and take shots upon shots of damage, let alone shoot without end of his weaponry.

Now let's skip ahead a bit.

[​IMG]

Do you know what this is? It's a demo-knight. Valve decided to take away most if not all of his projectile based weaponry and give him a shield and a sword which increases his defense and survivability. This completely changed the way players perceived and even played demo, almost making him a completely 'new' character to the game. So much so, that he even got his own name, and thousands of weapons and shields to support his growth. Did it break the game? Some would say yes. But did the outcome of his birth make it so gamers could find new ways to play a character that they were already familiar with? Yes.

And that's where Uber's new character comes into place, we're all very familiar with MNC's roster of Pros, but would the game be any different with a new character if we instead gave the gunner a minigun with no spread so he could snipe, or allowing supports to have jet-packs just like the Assault?

The new character is not a problem, Uber is just opening our eyes and our imagination to a whole new level of gameplay with one of our favorite familiar games.
  20. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Havent read the whole thread and there are too many threads on the new banner to read them all anyway (in my limited time).
    But has no one commented on the fact that the 4th image is green?

Aside from a new class, I am expecting a new team. And a 3rd team means a new type of gameplay with new maps.
    That solves the The Rules Have Changed riddle as well. New mode with new rules, and maybe a new class and bot that can only be used in that mode.

People worry a lot about a new class, but what if is designed specifically for a new mode?
    Lets just see what is in store.

L. Spiro