Assasin Question

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by VerdantPagan, August 19, 2010.

1. VerdantPagan

VerdantPagan New Member

Just a quick question I've been browsing the forum trying to find an answer to, wih no luck.

I play the assassin on occasion, and I've noticed that often times when I grapple an opposing assassin from the front, my grapple won't kill her. They however, immediately return the favor (if I mistime my melee attack or dash) and kill me in one hit. This has happened regardless of if I have a sword or not, and despite trying a mix of armor and health regen endorsements, it always seems I die in one front grapple versus them surviving. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or not understanding?
  2. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

I'm gonna go with the age old term "Paybacks a B****"

On a more serious note, not a clue.
  3. Trigger

Trigger New Member

If you put armor on gold or silver you can survive the front grapple at full health. It's possible however for other people to shoot and damage you during the grapple, meaning it appears that the grapple alone killed you in one hit.
  4. Rick Tn

Rick Tn New Member

I survive a full frontal ambush if i have a full bar (playing as assassin also) and nothing else is attacking me. I'm set up with Armour as my first choice. Sometimes I do die though, guessing them particular times they must have the crit endorsement... Not so sure tbh.
    Last edited: August 19, 2010
  5. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

No Trigger, the guys right, I have sins front grapple me all the time I live they die and they got usual silver or above armor.
  6. Trigger

Trigger New Member

You can be damaged by anything else in the middle of the grapple though. It's very possible that it wasn't just the assassin that did it.
  7. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

This is why I love gold/silver armor. :twisted:

Also both the grappler and the person being grappled can take damage from outside forces during the animation. I've seen back stab animations stopped and the person saved.
  8. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

yes, I know this what he was saying though is true in a 100% 1v1 both 100% hp same class same endorsements first lives second dies its random but it is true.
  9. VerdantPagan

VerdantPagan New Member

Almost every time, there no other source of damage. When there is, I know I can chalk it up to that. Its the times there arent that has me flummoxed.

10. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

You sure that the second didn't just use sword lunge into the grapple?
  11. VerdantPagan

VerdantPagan New Member

They dont, at least on me. Its sad that most sin players dont know how damn useful that lunge is. Any chance this question has aredy been posted and a dev keyed up about it?
  12. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

I know for a fact the lunge doesn't play a factor in the dual stabby stabby trade off (I'm usually the one letting them get the first stab so I have a challenge to fight).