How do you taunt?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by JACKO6622, August 19, 2010.

1. JACKO6622

JACKO6622 New Member

Sorry but I'm still learning about this game and I haven't seen anyone do it but I've heard you can, so how do you taunt?
  2. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Right D-Pad + A. Depends on what weapon you're holding.
  3. JACKO6622

JACKO6622 New Member

Thanks a lot!
  4. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

you get $5 for taunting at any given time, and you get $50 dollars for taunting after a kill. You also get juice or something for taking damage during a taunt, but what you really get is dead.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

You guys wouldn't believe how many times we almost cut taunting. Why? Finding a good place to put it on the controller! So yeah, Dpad-right + A isn't exactly intuitive but it's hard to hit it by accident in the middle of combat.
  6. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Now only if I could figure out how to get a taunt off as they money ball explodes so it looks better then me trying to hack bullseye to bits.
  7. Glenn ZA

Glenn ZA New Member

It is perfectly out of the way.
    Accidental taunts would have been ouch! :lol:

Going in for a kill and knowing you're wanting to taunt thereafter is not difficult either.
    Yes first you need to get the kill ;)
  8. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

Yeah, at first I was like "What the ****? why is it so odd to do this?" but now that you've said it, taunting accidentally would be odd and sometimes unfortunate.

Now it makes sense!
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It was 'ouch'... so we added in the +A.
  10. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Can I just point out how awesome it is that some of the developers take the time to answer questions and generally lurk around the forums? Developer of the Year-style awards should go your way.

Yeah, as a TF2 veteran, hitting X accidentally in combat was never fun. Though there was an exploit that allowed you to play the taunt animation while moving normally, screwing up your hitbox...
  11. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

They've lurked around the forums LONG before the forums got active. You have NO IDEA how much trolling it took to get more posts than Scathis.
  12. ShadowSonicZ

ShadowSonicZ New Member

Um, what about Right Stick in? Unless someone can actually point out a good use for melee, it's completely useless.
  13. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Melee is amazing...its a great oh sh*t moment button..or to beat down a deployed gunner as a support.

Could we get a Left + A for taunt also? I'll pay pal you 15 right now for it ...
  14. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I love taunting in games even if it's pointless and just for a laugh, so thanks for keeping it in the game and actually giving it a use, too.
  15. Glenn ZA

Glenn ZA New Member

Besides the game being an absolute winner, having the UBER Entertainment Team physically answer and reply to posts can only do wonders for the ever growing community.

All I feel like doing right now is taunting.. Still yet to taunt while juiced! :roll: