1. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Hello, just making one of those useless threads but im trying to find out if you guys still try hard in pubs. Nowadays im just using SKill/Armour/RoF on assault tryna get the 12hr fly and lots of charge grapple kill and HUMILIATIONS~~~! I only try and win a match, if the other team is in a party of 4+ and i know i cant win by myself and my teammates arnt gna help
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Here's your legendary SMG Sniper.
  3. Pilkey420

Pilkey420 New Member

The other night my buddy was over, he isnt the best assault but not the worst either. I watched a team with no assasins or tanks, beat a team of 6 assasins and 2 of them we're other jackbots.(bonedust and squidboy i think) But all of them we're just going for bots, i never really noticed how easy it looks pushing through the middle when the whole other team is invisible.
  4. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

But those two r just bad.
  5. pree3z

pree3z New Member

Weren't you supposed to add me mr. FalcoN?

On topic: I still don't understand why people try hard as assassins in pubs, I see more and more pre-slim players who know how to push bots and destroy turrets, which isn't what I'd say is tryharding, but they also know to keep tapping the ball with shoriukns which is odd.

Myself, I don't really try all-too-hard in public matches, I win most matches and have fun doing so ( ie charge three only assault etc)
  6. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

I don't mind "Try-Hard" Tanks because you don't see any good Tanks in public matches.

The Tank is the hardest class to play well, IMO.
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Eh. Get charge 3, press B for instant win. Not that hard. Also throw in some left triggers. Sure, the Tank has other options, but you can easily do well with just those 2 things.

On topic, people "try hard" because that's how the game is kinda supposed to be played. Some people like going for the win, some people like kill farming. I'm not gonna complain either way, let people play how they want to.
  8. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

This.

Im usually just having fun in pubs now. trying out different strategies and classes. I dont even push unless someone from the other team pisses me off.

What's up with all the Assassins lately? I dont mind, usually. Easy kills = easy money. It just gets annoying, having to go back to my bot spawn, blast some noob, and wait for him to cloak and run back to the same spot, to do the same thing.

I rarely build turrets anymore. Ill put up a lvl 3 shaveice cuz they're fun, but all it takes is one noob to go unnoticed while invisible for 30 seconds, to build juice and slash down everything in your base.

I know they think they are awesome, but really, ur just ruining otherwise good matches. Yeah, its a handy way to win a match, but isnt it starting to reek of OP? It has the tell-tale signs. Noobs use the strategy (or try to), because they cant compete in combat. Experienced players will switch to a 'sin to try and win a game they are getting beat at. Just seems like the "go-to" move when you cant get it done due to poor combat skill.
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Feels like I'm the only person on this forum who only plays public matches.
  10. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

If there's a space next time we do a random 6 vs 6 i'll invite you in.
  11. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Naw dude, ur not alone.

Privates are fun, but inconvenient. I just like to grab a few matches when I have some time. Im usually too busy to commit to a set time for team play. Wish I could do more privates, pubs can get real old, real fast.
  12. Based

Based New Member

13. buffacumber

buffacumber Member

Experienced players will go assassin when they're getting beat down normally by a team of 3 or more. If you're getting pubstomped it's a hell of a lot easier to win by yourself as an assassin as she can push bots, take down turrets, kill high value targets, and keep the moneyball down all with relative safety. It's normally not because they lack skill...It's quite hard to win against 3 coordinated teammates especially when your team consists of 2 split screeners and 3 level 0 assassins. ;)
  14. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Unfortunately I have NO combat skill so I can only play assassin. I try not to tryhard but always end up getting carried away...next thing I know I'm tryharding to hell :?
    This
  15. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I usually tryhard my *** off every single match, because I still remember how long it took me to get somewhat decent at this game. I honestly have a hard time not trying to win fast. I do play quite a bit of solo games though.

When I'm in a party, I'll do whatever.
  16. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

99% of the time, I'm playing solo or with 1 other person. When that's the case, I will try hard assassin if I'm getting beat by a team of 4+.

Be mad all you want...if you are with a team of 4, one of your guys can play assassin against me if you want...but being mad at somebody who tries hard when the teams are stacked so hard against him is just stupid.
  17. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

The "lack of skill" remark is aimed at the noobs. Im not saying its a free win or anything. U still have to be able to pull it off. Im just saying that the juicing assassin might be a little OP considering how it has become the default for winning without having to deal with the other team.
  18. buffacumber

buffacumber Member

Ahhh...well that's definitly true. Been plenty of times when the other team is pubstomping and I go assassin and win without any kills. Amazing the hate mail you get after that lol.
    "d00d lrn2play pl0x get 0n my lvl kid! LEMMEKNOW wheN U get 10 kiLLS in 1 mathc thEN well talk!!!!11"
  19. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I suppose it is nice to have a way to crap on a group of spawn camping pubstompers.
  20. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

i will invite you to a few this weekend if your up for it and stick around. You need to play with us a bit more to get the feel of things. pubs and privates are like apples and oranges.