Pax Prime

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by nephandys, August 15, 2011.

1. nephandys

nephandys Member

So I saw something on UberEnts twitter ("Yeah we're keeping very busy. Let's see what happens at PAX, shall we?") that suggested they've been hard at work and we might see some stuff at Pax Prime. Any more that Uber can say about this? Any player guesses as to what we might see? We already know the new game mode has been in the works.

Personally I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just want to hear about the future of the Xbox version. Are we going to get another game or are they going to add the other 2 DLC's they spoke about pre/post-release? Either way I would be happy. I would just like to know wtf is going on. We haven't heard anything about the update to the Unreal 3 engine or anything else in months.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If all goes well I sadly think all we'll hear is that the Engine update is done and the new game mode "Danger Zone" will be released but for the PC.

With not even a single "We are still working with Microsoft on a deal for DLC" posted anywhere I have this guy feeling that they aren't even close.

I have some other thoughts but I'll stay somewhat optimistic here on this one, so those thoughts will be reserved.
  3. nephandys

nephandys Member

God, I am trying to be optimistic too. This is definitely one of my favorite games of all time (I never thought that I'd say that about a modern day game if you will). I'm dying here for an update, the hint of an update, or a sequel.

If all we get is more news for PC I'd feel like I got kicked in the nuts. Ideally I'd like to hear "Engine update is done. New content Bling bling. Coming to PC first. Will be coming to 360 in Quarter X (hell I'll even take 2012)."

I don't even care if they make any announced release date. Hear me Uber? I will not throw it back in your face if you miss the release date! I just want news...........
  4. ASH

ASH Member

After an entire year of MNC being out, I have to wonder: WHAT HAPPENED?

I do remember Uber saying that they were short some employees a while back but I don't believe that could be the sole reason for their epic failure when it comes to additional post-Spunky DLC.

I've heard through the grapevine that the Spunky Cola DLC was way too large and it basically screwed them with regards to Microsoft. Something about it being too big so it messed up their plans for the other two content downloads. Not sure if that's true or not, but the Spunky Cola DLC was and is a huge file...almost a gig if I remember correctly. Again, that's the rumor and I'm not 100% if it's accurate.

A detailed explanation from the Uber devs is in order. No matter what anyone thinks, at the very minimum I believe they owe us that much. They promised us two additional DLC's and I am beginning to doubt they will ever come. Even worse is the fact that if they are released, we'll have to pay for them which is basically adding insult to injury.

Uber... What happened? How did this debacle get started and what is in store for the future?
  5. nephandys

nephandys Member

Yeah I've been playing since launch so I know all the details of what's happened. I can forget all about the past if there's bright and shiny stuff dangling in front of me. I just hope we get some good news at Pax. Even if that means I have to buy a retail disc sequel, DLC, sacrifice my first born child, anything! I've got no problem with that.
  6. Big Ordeal

Big Ordeal New Member

It was only around 400mb.
    The full game itself is only around 700mb.
  7. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Ash...if Uber didn't mention a total of 3 DLCs would you still be pissed? I've never played a $15 game as much as this and probably never will. Sure - communication from Uber would be nice but even if they don't release any DLCs I'll still play. Hell - even if they don't do any more updates I'll still play.
  8. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

I don't give a **** about DLC. Why the **** does everyone else?
  9. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Not quite everyone ;)
  10. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

11. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Was waiting for "That's what she said"
  12. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

I'm expecting the same thing too.
  13. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

It could be a stand alone 'Orange box' -esque disc version of MNC with all the bug fixes, maps, costumes and that April fool minigame. Maybe even something else awesome.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If it means anything Eka was "asking" for any good links to Lucador imagery and stuffs. A few minutes later he tweeted something like 'I swear this is work related.'

:D
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

That would be sweet, actually.
  16. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I would buy ten.

Oh wait, I need a new xbox.
  17. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Maybe it will be something like the Scout in TF2, fast, agile, no cloak, with strong melee and grapples. :p