OT, juice and moneyball health

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, August 14, 2011.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

A lot of matches still go to overtime and overtime always looks the same: One Assassin or Assault gets juice and finishes the match in 10 seconds. The outcome is rather random because you can simply not check all the spots an Assassin can shoot the moneyball from. Assault works similar, they have to rely on speed and mobility more though. Turrets don't help much because they can find a blind spot easily.

I main Assassin and I think it's a frustrating way to end a close match... :(

What's your opinion? Any ideas how to fix it? Increasing moneball health would be the obvious solution, but by how much?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

1. Don't drop the moneyball shields automatically
    2. Disable all base turrets
    3. Make bots move really fast
  3. Col_Jessep

That's an interesting idea! :p
  4. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Disable Juice during over time?

Juice is a pretty cheap way to get a kill, But it's only annoying when it's used on the money ball.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

that would make it even MORE about just using assassins/assaults to bypass everything

juice in OT allows other classes to have some chance to hit the moneyball through heavy defenses
  6. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Revert stuff to patch 7 state?
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Not to sound like a **** but it's simple, finish the game before OT.

The original OT, the way it is on the XBox version is perfect as is. OT is meant to end the game and have a winner quickly.
  8. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Close but no.

Keep the turret change and gear. And maybe juice. Maybe
  9. Col_Jessep

Not to sound like a ****, but when was the last time you played on the PC Stretch? ;)

Fact is that most matches with semi-balanced teams go to overtime.
  10. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

Grayfox had an interesting idea about this. His idea is along the lines of giving everyone 1 life in OT. So sure they can suicide rush the money ball but if they fail well now its 5 v 6.

I'm sure I haven't completely replicated his idea here, but i'm hoping he see's this and posts once he is done moving.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What does that have to do with anything? On the XBox with evenly matched teams also having one of each class games barley go to OT. In fact without any of the Moneyball changes PC has once the ball drops the game is basically over.
  12. Col_Jessep

The trouble is dropping the ball. You have to get down the turrets and bring in some bots. Turrets are stronger, juice has been nerfed, every player has more money to spend and half your team is playing team death match. That's actually the biggest problem. Most players don't want to end the game fast. :D
  13. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

last man standing would work
    spawn doors would need to be locked though things like assaults bomb jumping on top of the annihilator would need to be blocked

simple way to win in sudden death would then be go sin cloak 3 and hide in a corner till everyone is dead
  14. daztora

daztora New Member

Exactly, wouldn't work. And He mains Sin xD
  15. Col_Jessep

If the other remaining player is a Tank you could have some cat and mouse gameplay for a couple of hours... :D
  16. Myst

Myst New Member

Listen to this man, he says wise things.
  17. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

yeah. I play with grayfox a lot and there are always noob out there that just ignore him. An ignored GF can cause havoc to your base. I'm damn good at defending against him, but in the end, it always comes to an OT win for him.

I think something needs to be done to not stall for OT. Im thinking that No OT servers should be enforced now. Either hit the MB or win with money.

But then again, people might just farm for money.

I dont know. It just feels like people still turtle for OT.

Maybe NOT give anyone all gold for OT.

edit:

Hmm. no respawn in OT is nice.
    But it just takes one juiced sin or assault. We need to increase that MB health again
  18. Ribilla

Ribilla New Member

Why not nerf sin/ assault damage against the MB, even if it's only in OT.

IMO the least mobile characters and the closest range weapons should do most damage to the MB. Otherwise it just gets Sin'd or spammed from a distance, it's stupid that you can take the MB just as fast with the rail as with the jetgun.

Increase close range weapon damage, nerf long range damage, nerf shuriken/grenade launcher damage vs MB.
  19. Col_Jessep

And for the love of god, remove healing from juice! It's hard enough for the defenders to take down a player with juice, don't give him a heath clutch as well.

Tank made my list of classes to watch really closely as well today. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in survivability.
  20. killien

killien Active Member

I second this