Juice machines=Rage Machines

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by the_feedle, August 12, 2011.

1. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

Seams every time someone buys from these things people rage and get mad. I was playing with a few friends of mine going against each other and well one constantly juice chained. He kept killing my other friend and then my friend got mad and said stop being a juice whore. Well I told my friend he needed to calm down and my other friend to stop buying from the rage machines. Lol

So now the juice machines are known to me as the rage machines
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

MNC without Juice will be terrible.
  3. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

This is very interesting.
  4. Pilkey420

Pilkey420 New Member

I honestly think it would take more skill and be more challenging if there were no juice machines, could be fun.
  5. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

The game revolves around juice as it is. The only way to take down a 3.3 rockit is with a silver RoF+ juiced gunner with passive 3. And then he can proceed to wipe out your entire defense.

I personally believe there should be two juice machines, that cost $2000 a piece and never recharge. AND they should be inside the teams bases, not the middle by the annihilator. The Juice machines in the middle should give you 25% of your juice bar for $500 with a 2 minute recharge.

The sniper should get one chunk of juice per juice shot regardless of Passive skill level.
    The Assassin should have juice gains from their sword attacks dramatically reduced, to their shuriken juice gain rate.

I believe Juice should be a game shifter. Not something your teams Assassin does every 30 seconds to the enemy team, easily wiping defenses out then slashing down all opposition.

Oddly enough, I find melee juice rate gains acceptable. Its slow but reliable, and you have to put your back to the enemy spawn to do it without getting smacked by the blackjacks.
  6. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

That friend who named it the rage machine is me and the other guy who swears i juice chain is GIGIVUS.
  7. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

sounds like something you would make up, indeed.
  8. Not Officer Willy

Not Officer Willy New Member

Just wait for uber to patch this. I don't think their rage quiting I just think they are lagging out.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

We had 'no juice' servers on the PC. There is nothing to buy but turrets. So each team grows a forest of 3.3 Rockits with a couple of firebases sprinkled on top of the spawn ring. Yes, it plays as horrible as it sounds.

The better way to make juice chaining less viable is how Scathis rebalanced it: You only get half the money for everything you kill while juiced. While it doesn't remove juice buying it makes it a lot harder to keep it up constantly.
  10. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

OF: Seams?
    ON: Yes people do tend to get mad at juice machines. The josh used to be my friend. But one game I had juice 3 times as tank when he was on the opposing team. He said on the mic I was a juice whore and removed me -__-'
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

For now, mean until we get our Juice nerfs, this problem is easily solved: DO NOT allow me to net the amount of money it is needed to "juice chain." Further more DO NOT allow me to push the frontlines. Call it what you will I see it as a means to an end.

/too much Dragon Age playing talk. The Blight is upon us! :p
  12. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

thats odd cause when i first met him all he did was juice chain with his juice assault and juice tank builds.

dont get me wrong hes a good player but gift horse in the mouth ..

but a game without juice can be more strategic and won with proper cordination..
    tank and assassin going in on the turrets with smokebomb/product bomb and gunner shooting mortors and assault grenade launcher in the back.. supports gap shots etc..

Melee bots and bullseye and moneyball ...

I do think the money thing would be cool or the cost of buying juice go up after each purchase even better
  13. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

God that's so true. That's why I don't understand why he got mad.
  14. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

He's very uptight over losing as well...
  15. DeadStretch

So Feedle and friends if I may can you explain your theory of spawn striking to me? It is rather intriguing to me.
  16. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

A tactic alot of people consider "low." often used on people who refuse to leave there spawn other thanjust trying to get a kill on a spawning Pro.
  17. DeadStretch

So while they wither and weep inside their spawn you feel it is necessary to "add insult to injury" if you will.

Shouldn't the Spawn Room be sacred to all men even if they are within boasting?
  18. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I can give several perspectives on this issue.

Because juice has to be earned the assassin and support classes dominate with their ability to build juice and Kill Bots/Improve Turrets.

There is the famous/infamous 45 minute no juice buying server. After the first 3 minutes it becomes a war of attrition. Every turret kill is but a small victory but in the end useless with the amount of money that can be built up. Skills are all maxed out during these matches so player confrontations are always fierce.

In those servers that have normal time limits it is not that much of an issue for the other classes. However cracking base defenses is HARD.
  19. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Josh isn't a good player. I always push his Assault back to his base with my Gunner because he loves his KDR. All he can do is to hide on spawn room while I'm finishing his ball and taunting infront of him.
    Last edited: August 13, 2011
  20. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

Just a power trip i guess