When/Where did you join/hear the Uberforms?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ZOoo00OOm, August 9, 2011.

1. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I remember seeing my friends play this game called "Monday Night Combat"; long story short bought the game and loved it. Out of boredom I type in "MNC wiki" in google and in one of the links it put me in uberent. I explored the forums and found all sorts of cool things (that's when the cool people were here).
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I joined when I returned to this game due to the Spunky Cola Special. I was checking the market place, saw that that arcade game I bought in the Summer of Arcade had some DLC. So I DL'd it, starting playing it again, and one day while I was bored, I decided to Google Uber Entertainment. Then I found the forums and made an account.

And that is the tale of Deadpool FTW.
  3. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

Dec 09 2010 according to my old account. I always join the forums of the games i like so i know what is going on with things.
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

joined after i had heard about the game, googled, found forum, learnt about the game from the forums (also laughed at my join date)
  5. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

When I was going to rant on how laggy this game is.
  6. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

when i looked at Payne's bio...
  7. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Bought the game came back when Spunky came out, and found this and joined
    Hope you enjoyed my story, My name is dESERTfALCOn and i am OUT
  8. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I was desperate to see if Uber did anything after the Assassin and Sniper scouting reports and decided to stick around on the forums since they didn't.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I was actually around before there was a forum. And back in the day this forum was dark grey and had a different design and of course MNC was not announced yet. Oh, reading some of those old threads brings a smile to my face. I was concerned the artstyle might not be colorful enough:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=412 :D
  10. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

I was wondering wat was happening back in 09
  11. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Sow the game on steam. Saw the word deathsport in the description and clicked on the link. Saw some videos. Went on youtube and saw the dev comentary of the different classes and fell in love with the atmosphere.

Because I am not a dumb I joined the forums of the game before I bought it to learn. Instead my first post was "I think I love this game"

Found 15$ in my couch and the rest was history.
  12. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

At school last fall.
  13. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

MNC Civil War/ War against COR
  14. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Watched a gameplay video on gametrailers.
    Went home and bought it without even getting the demo.

Loved it a lot, but none of my friends knew what it was. I tried talking about it on the forums on GT, but no one showed any intrest.
    So I came here.

:D
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Lame *** little b****!
  16. Nothing2Nowhere

Nothing2Nowhere New Member

I asked my mom for 15$ to buy a cool game.
    She said no.
    Took her credit card info.
    Bought game.
    Found Tom/Jon
    Found forumz.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well now are you ready for a somewhat lengthy tale?...Too bad here it is!

So back to a little more then a year ago...

I was broke with little to no money for my gaming habits. At this time I have already learned that XBLA and XBIG is THE place to find great games on a budget. I have downloaded and played every XBLA Demo available at the time, being a fan of many genres this was my new haven. Puzzle, Adventure, Retro, Shooters XBox Live Marketplace has it all. For a time Puzzle games were in abundance thus drowning me.

Now I am seeking a game to satisfy my gaming roots which was of course a Shooter. Xbla has released so okay shooters but nothing that could satisfy my gaming needs. The Summer of Arcade was approaching and if history could tell anything is it that the SOA was when some amazing games for the Arcade were to be released. With this in mind I was on the prowl for a great game.

I had first watched a Trailer of the whole SoA line-up and once it was over I said to my brother "There is only one game that looks good in this year's line-up." He says to me "Yeah that Tomb Raider like game?" I look to him with a puzzled look and say "That shooter game did not look awesome to you?" I get "Oh yeah that look cool but I thought you were into games with story?"

Mind you this is after my Brother turned me onto RPG's and I began to enjoys deep stories within my games. Mass Effect is what he started me with but I took it upon myself to explore deeper. This is besides the point!

So I waited for the day for "MNC" to finally release on XBLA, I even had the Microsoft points ready to go! As like many things with me I get side tracked. A Justin.tv Broadcaster I regularly follow had went live with "MNC" and I just watched as he played Blitz. For the remainder of the Night he solely played Blitz and simply from watching I was hooked. I noticed that this game harbored many traits from other game genres I was not used to. My brother is a HUGE fan of Tower Defense games, and naturally during the beginning he was giving me tips. Of course we, or I, was playing Blitz mode and was easily winning due to my brothers guidance.

After I unlocked two custom classes I thought this would be the time to check out this Crossfire mode, team vs. team and player vs. player. Needless to say the first few games I joined I entered into a Spawn Camp scenario and all I remember is hiding behind these glass walls.

On to how I came to these forums:...

Well I was tired of being Spawn Trapped and the lack of teammates who talk so I ventured to the official forums to find some players to game with. Once I was here I soon realized how small of a team Uber was and that they actually communicate with their audience.

Soon after I stalked them and posted too much which in turn got me to Mod. status.

Nah but really this game is what I have been seeking for some time now. Once I realized it I became fully engrossed in this game we all know as 'Monday Night Combat!'

p.s. Yes I am drunk.
  18. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I stumbled in on the GameFAQs pre-spunky haikustorm, and one of Feedle's topics had the link in it.
  19. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

As I type this, I can't recall exactly when I joined, but I'm sure it's right

< here.

I heard about the Uber forums from someone in a party about a day previous.
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i can say that i got this site locked out from my school, i hate how the school blocks all the good sites :(