Why the Sniper doesn't work in MNC (PC)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mavajo, August 1, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

For the septillionth time, it's not about whether they pose a challenge. Unless they are so bad that they don't even shoot, they are annoying to play against.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

This. It's a game, not the fing olympics. You might be in it for the competition Vlane, I'm not. When I'm not having fun I'll simply play another game.
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Like I said, anger issues.
  4. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

Glad to see folks are enjoying my -=BEST SERVER EVER=-. And yes, it is indeed a US East Coast server -- Atlanta, GA to be exact.

And yes, that's right. Snipers piss me off so badly that I decided to pay monthly to host my own server so that I could ban them. At least I put my money where my mouth is, right?

I've given some thought to disabling the Annihilator too. Most games in MNC seem to be one-sided beatdowns these days and, in general, the dominant team is the one that gets the Annihilator almost every time it's up - so basically, the rich get richer, and the game gets even more lopsided. I wonder if disabling it might help level the playing field a bit.

At the same time, when the team getting beat manages to make a well-timed push and punch the Annihilator, it can help them to continue pushing and swing the balance.

I dunno.
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I would not agree to that.

The annihilator is an objective and an important one at that.
  6. TNine

TNine New Member

Meh. When a team has pushed the enemy far back, the Annihilator will only kill one or perhaps two bot groups per side, which really isn't that much. It effectively wastes 250$ if you are winning, and the only reason to push it is to stop the losing team from getting it. If the losing team gets it, it can kill four or five bot groups per side, completely turning the game around, at least temporarily. The beauty of the Annihilator is that it is more effective the more you are behind, ie the harder it is to get. In a level game, it serves as a good reward for effective map control and allows the better team (usually) to get ahead, breaking the all-too-common stalemates.
  7. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

+1 for you my friend!

btw, whatever you do. DO NOT remove juice bars.
    It will just become a support whoring server. *thinks of a 45 min no juice bar server*

eeewww
  8. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

No juice buying leads to more turrets. Those turrets require juice to dispose of. Limited juice causes matches to drag out.
  9. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Switch to assassin, mash on a few bot waves; juice out a 3.3 turret. Repeat.
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thank you very much dear Sir! I have 130+ ping on your server but it's good to have a place to go when the Snipers on the EU servers start to annoy me. :D
  11. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

No worries there -- no intention of doing that. Disabling the Annihilator was the only other thing I was pondering, but I doubt I'll do it -- turning it off would probably just annoy people.

I just want my server to be a nice safe haven from snipers. They **** up this game beyond belief.
  12. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

that's not as effective as in the old days =[
  13. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

the next 3.3 in line would kill you before you get close to destroying the first
    a juiced gunner is the only effective solution to multiple 3.3 rockits
  14. Zutsumi

Zutsumi Member

:((((((((
  15. TNine

TNine New Member

Or a support with lots of gapshot spam. Assuming you have them locked down, gapshots are damn effective.
  16. killien

killien Active Member

Indeed, but it's kinda rare with some of the newer players to do that
  17. daztora

daztora New Member

I love Gapshot spam, I get so many turret kills If their turtling,
  18. killien

killien Active Member

My map ratings for Gapshot parades(best to worst)
    Spunky (spawners are close together)
    LazeRazor (hard to get a good angle on most of the nubs otherwise)
    GrenAdeIII
    AmmoMule
    Tully's (spend half their time in the tunnel, but sometimes get stuck on Ejector)
    SteelPeel (walls make them useless)
  19. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

+10

until uber properly nerfs the sniper, I will fully support this server!
  20. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

good luck trying to get that going with point/click/kill snipers :)