Why the Sniper doesn't work in MNC (PC)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mavajo, August 1, 2011.

1. Memorable

Memorable New Member

I'm sorry, but you're talking like you're the best sniper in the game. I've had little problem with you killing me, you're quite easy to deal with. Pointing that out.
  2. bluekachina

bluekachina Member

There's no need for this to stoop to personal comments.
    I'm talking about the sniper class in general, not any particular player's skill levels.
    I think that if a sniper's zoom took a second to finish zooming in (hence, critical damage is not dealt until fully zoomed-in), and that if the rifle automatically zoomed out after each shot, then there would be less spamming of sniper rounds at least.
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Hey, if you die constantly you'll have a hard time making anybody rage.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yes I've played sniper. I don't have great aim with the rifle, but I still often end up dominating and pissing people off because I just shoot a lot and dodge/flak reasonably well.

Even when you can kill a sniper, it's often not worth it. Respawn times are pretty quick, and snipers generally have less distance to cover to get back into position. In the end you probably wasted more time killing him than the time that he lost from it.

Having snipers in the game is a lot like having lightning randomly strike people every few seconds.
  5. daztora

daztora New Member

yeah Ill be honest could be a different name, never seen you In a game. Which Is difficult because like 20 people play this.
  6. killien

killien Active Member

I've had a few games lately that were either sniper-less or the sniper wasn't that good so I've been able to dink around with Gunner
    It's quite fun. You can spew bullets like crazy, but isn't that great beyond medium. Getting the hang of mortars now, won't be able to drop them on someone's head from across the map, but getting there
    It's an interesting class because you're so freaking powerful, but you really have to watch your arse cuz you move so slow
    This. Had a game a few nights ago on G3 where 5 of the enemy went Sniper(1 Support)
    My team was fairly well rounded and we could hardly get anywhere because the snipers would just sit back and lob rounds from different positions.
    We had to try keeping track of 3-4 spots at the same time to avoid getting shot
  7. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Yeah, its quite fun to ambush a chasing Assault with Deploy, and kill him in under 2 seconds. :lol:
  8. chrisab429

chrisab429 Member

So basically that means that the issue isn't "the snipers", the issue is certain players...about 5 or 6 of them we can name. You're wanting to change the class because you get killed by 5 or 6 of the snipers in the game?

I don't feel like I'm the best, I'm actually nowhere near the level of the snipers you probably know. But I do feel like I'm in a good placement to represent the majority of the people who main sniper in this game, the ones that are defending the sniper OPness idea.

See thats the issue I'm talking about, theres so few good snipers in general, and that's because of the high learning curve involved. If you add goofy **** like charges and sways and bolt action, then you're just increasing the learning curve, but you're not going to change the Tiblolans, Drakeths, Arson1sts, Digis, tentacles, and ookamis (my top 6 in no particular order) of the world like that. Theres no chance that Tib isn't going to still kill you with any or all of those changes that have been mentioned unless you get rid of the headshot completely. But the nubs that want to play a little sniper who are already getting raped are only going to get raped harder.

The whole point i'm trying to make is that snipers don't piss you off, really really good players do. Which is exactly the case for me, but you guys are wanting to blame it on uber by saying the class is messed up. This is not the case. Theres no way to nerf Draketh without nerfing everyone else which results in no more snipers, since they're only barely playable for even above average players.
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Learning curve as a sniper:
    - Sniper rifle is the preferred weapon
    - No disadvantages to quickscoping are noticed
    - Learn to aim and some ice trap placement

Dayum, that is hard.
  10. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Yeah, this. When I used to play sniper I exceled at it for a few weeks until I switched to other classes. Class isn't hard, at all.
  11. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

Neither is any other class in this game.
  12. Vlane

Vlane New Member

No other class can OHKO from any range.
  13. daztora

daztora New Member

Love this guys spunk, won't give up on his class.
  14. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

It is really very simple.

MNC Sniper is a reflex based shooter class in a non reflex centric game. Every single class is handicapped by low damage weapons vs high health pools except for the sniper. While being very good at tracking a target with honed hand eye coordination improves every class effectiveness this is not a make or break it skill. As long as you can keep a person generally in the middle of your screen you can kill most players assuming you pick the proper class vs class match up and your tactics are sound. The sniper however is an I Win button if you happen to excel at nothing but high reflex capability.

Also. Daztora likes guys spunk. Gross man. Keep that off the forums.

L. Spiro
  15. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

I'm just stating my opinion.

I could care less what happens to the sniper in this game because it's not going to change the population of MNC at all.

Also for all of you sins, I don't complain about you guys being able to dash through my icetraps and grapple me.
  16. daztora

daztora New Member

I ain't starting beef stick to your words.
  17. killien

killien Active Member

Actually I rarely use Deploy and it's usually the last skill I'll upgrade
    If I need to ambush someone, I'll just start spinning up
  18. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I use the deploy for the accuracy and additional damage buff. With good aim, I can usually kill an Assault before they headcrab me.

Obviously, i don't stay deployed for more than a couple seconds, but that is usually enough time to determine if I'm being pursued.
  19. Goose

Goose Active Member

Deploy is OP!!!!!1
  20. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Spam, not accurately fire. The idea is to make him move to dodge them.

That's fine; the gunner is a heavy, and the sniper counters heavies.

I've gotten a ludicrous number of kills by tossing an airstrike beneath a platform with a sniper on it, so long as they're not paying attention. Also, shotgun to the back hurts.

Sniper counters heavies, so this is fine. (Yes, I shortened that block of text.)

Then your team is too stupid to look for a way around the segment of the map the single sniper is locking down. There is no map where the sniper can lock down each and every path to him without having to drop his guard somewhere long enough for someone to get to him, save for possibly Grenade III (and even then, he can only watch the far half of either side AND is open to sniper fire/mortars).

His short-range game is OP, his long-range game is not. The uzi hits harder than it should given it's a backup weapon, and he doesn't need an automatic ring-out/kill on light classes. He's a weakling; that kind of force doesn't even make sense.