The sniper

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Robbert, July 31, 2011.

1. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Of course you support that..don't you guys like live together or something? You guys always join/play at the same time on the same team. :ugeek:

Anyways back onto topic, I agree with Tetn1s, minus the 3rd part. I also don't really think Sniper should even have traps, but that's just me!
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

With the layout of these maps, any infinite-range instant hit weapon is going to be either highly annoying to play against or not very effective.

His skills (flak, ice traps, grapple) are a pretty good start for a class, just not a sniper. Replace his weapons with maybe a mid-range automatic shotgun (less damage, more range, higher RoF compared to support's shotgun) and a rocket launcher that doesn't do much damage to players but is good against bots/turrets and allows rocket jumping. Finish it off with a health increase and larger hit model, then call him the Commando

edit: I didn't even realize while writing that that I gave him the same weapons as the TF2 soldier.. Oh well, the sniper currently has the same weapons as the TF2 sniper anyway!
  3. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

Piercing shot (Red Skill)(Activation)
    Level 1- 1 Fatal shot, A fatal shot is capable of headshotting an opponent. Headshot Damage- 525 damage. Recharge time- 20 seconds
    Level 2-2 Fatal shots, Headshot damage- 725 Recharge time-17 seconds
    Level 3-2 Fatal shots, Headshot damage- 925 damage Recharge time- 14 seconds

For levels 2 and 3, skill does not recharge until the two fatal shots are fired.
  4. chrisab429

chrisab429 Member

The one thing I've always thought this game was missing was a rocket launcher. I'd be cool with replacing the sniper rifle with a rocket launcher. I'd rather keep the SMG though. really keep everything just replace the sniper rifle with a rocket launcher. He'd still be long range, he'd still require huge skills to play effectively, but nobody will complain about quickscoping because the 5foot quickscope would result in hurting yourself. Make its damage exactly like the assault's bomb, including ringout capability.

This would be a drastic change in the game and probably difficult to smooth over. How about set up a testing version of MNC the way TF2 does so we could try it out. That way theres no rush on all the other stuff (ie changing stats and balancing) Personally I feel this change could be used as a huge promotion tool for MNC too. Time the real release with the engine change and the mod tools release and you guys could really cause a stir and make some freaking dough.

you guys could even put in some hilarious mickey cantor lines blaming the sniper's death on the assault. I'd laugh.
  5. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Hmm, the OHK headshot could be removed, and replaced with an explosion, in addition a charge up thing similar to TF2 Sniper as well. The more you charge up (and depending on passives) the more powerful the explosion.
  6. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

the real question is;

is uber reading this and caring?
  7. bluekachina

bluekachina Member

I dig this idea, though I don't think the explosion/charged shot should have ringout capabilities as was formerly mentioned. With the ringout capabilities, you're once again right back to the OHK situation all over again.
  8. daztora

daztora New Member

[​IMG]
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Pretty much this.
  10. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Obviously, the Sniper shouldn't be shooting Assault bombs all over the place, but perhaps simply a small knockback on a direct hit, something to make the Sniper a clear threat, but not to the extent that he changes the entire flow of the game. Also, one explosion per shot (no OHK by shooting into a crowd of bots). I would prefer the headshot damage bonus to be implemented only on bots so he can push, but would otherwise have trouble killing them quickly in tight situations without using skills.
  11. BOOM-STICK

BOOM-STICK New Member

This.
  12. Goose

Goose Active Member

13. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

This makes sniper completely useless. He's already one of the least useful classes in winning games as he is. You only get 'easy' kills with him if you're a heavy class and moving in a very predictable fashion, or else you're just standing still/walking into flak/getting kicked out.

All you have to do if he sees you is either pick another lane, or start juking and jumping around to throw his aim off. Even the godliest of snipers will have trouble getting you then.
  14. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

file this post under "imagination" and just disregard it
  15. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

:[

Well...I've probably played about 3 people who can actually land consistent headshots in my whole time playing MNC. Even then, it's just an annoyance. Just remove a little of his close-range stuff and he's fine.

You realise you can beat a sniper simply by not dancing in a straight line towards him right? Right? :)
  16. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

easier said than done with quickscoping macros and people like Hentai and Izanagi. (i swear i have at least 2 or 3 more people that OHK you as soon as they see you - but i forgot their names because I have been frequenting the BEST SERVER EVER - No Snipers) lol.
    I know at least one of them get up in your face and HS you while running. It's crazy!

Honestly, if they see you, you cant dodge. If they actually implemented dodging from Unreal Tournament, it would be a different story.
  17. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix New Member

I say keep ice. Lines up headshots for those of us who aren't godlike.

But FLAK?

wtf

Ice trap + flak control and you are giving the class with infinite range OHKO the best zone control in the game. Flak will take out all regular bots and destroy anyone except maybe gold-tank if they stay in it for the full duration. That thing is super powerful.
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I have been head-shotted while:
    - jumping
    - in the air flying circles
    - running as Assassin with level 2 cloak - on the other side of Grenade III
    - smoke bomb jumping
    - lunging

And if all that doesn't work a Sniper can simply spam explosive bullets into a crowd of bots. Sooner or later he will get lucky.
  19. Goose

Goose Active Member

20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

i got headshotted twice during a single charge as assault (i had juice to survive the first)

i think that was a bot