My theory: Why people quit MNC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zarakon, July 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It's because you can't move through your teammates.

Discuss.
  2. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

No, it's cause the opposing team always leaves at the end of my matches.

:(
  3. Zutsumi

Zutsumi Member

Or make seemingly impossible shots (ie: mid-jump pad quickscope) so they think you aimbot.
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

pad quickscopes?
  5. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

No. It's because sniper is goddamn OP. If there was a permajuiced assault still wouldn't be as OP as a regular sniper.
  6. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

The depth of the game is far greater than that of a regular 3rd person shooter or FPS for that matter. People relate this game too much to TF2, when it has practically almost nothing in common with it. They bring over their knowledge of TF2 and expect to do just as good or decent as they do on Valve's game. And that tends to fail.
  7. Myst

Myst New Member

You have just given me a great idea, might do something magical tonight :)
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

This for the most part, but I think when people actually play the game they stop relating it to TF2.
  9. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Role-wise, assault = scout, tank = soldier, gunner = demoman, support = medic (not engineer since no teleporters and no dispensers), sniper = sniper (assassin has no counterpart but backstabbing key figures makes her relatable to spy)
    Most of the tactics in tf2 can be somehow applied to MNC, like uber advantage can be compared to juice advantage, keeping pushing momentum in both games, height advantage etc etc. Even if you look at pushing last in 5cp tf2 maps you can see the similarities with moneyball pushing (endgame objective, distance from your own spawn and presence of the enemy spawn, extra advantages for defenders like height and turrets). The game has more in common with TF2 than with other class-based shooters tbh. Not saying that both games are same, just saying that if compare MNC to anything, it has to be TF2, nothing else really fits.
    Definitely not Call ooo Doody.
  10. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

People left because they can never get fair games. How often is someone going to keep playing a game where no matter what they do, they just get steamrolled again and again? That's in addition to having to learn the tricks in dealing with assassins/snipers, figuring out the best endorsements, knowing when to spawn bots, learning how to manage money for emergency turrets/annihilators.

At least in TF2 you can switch to a different class if you're getting utterly raped and perhaps make a difference. In MNC, you're more likely to be trapped in your base, without any real option to change classes, stuck to building your juice and hoping you can push out with it.

I stuck with it when I figured out support can drag even a terrible team to victory or at least drag it out till overtime.
  11. zanarias

zanarias Member

Still going to chock it up to 5 maps and no mod tools.

EDIT: Uncle Tully's isn't a map.
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

My real theory..

Half the stuff in the game, balanced or not, feels like cheap BS when you get hit by it.

Ejectors, grapples, freeze traps, headshots, bodyshot or railgun spam, ridiculous multi-explosion sniper shots, ringouts, slowdowns, knockdown, juice slaughter, hacked turrets...

A lot of it is strategically interesting and fits with the game's theme of a crazy spectator sport, but at the same time it can be very annoying/frustrating/infuriating when you're on the wrong end of it. Going 2-20 in MNC is likely to be far more frustrating than going 2-20 in something like Quake or TF2.
  13. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I can agree to this but I'm not bothered as much by it.

I've gone through the playbook and I must say it is very comprehensive without saying that assassins kill bots.
  14. daztora

daztora New Member

This,

And Sniper and Assault are overpowered.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Assault is not overpowered. Just get your sh*t together.
  16. daztora

daztora New Member

Haa Haa Haaa I love what you do *juiced*
  17. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

This isn't a problem if you can aim.
  18. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Yeah. I'd blame it on snipers. They sure are ruining the game for me.
  19. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

my friend and i were playing together on a server last night and he ragequit and started telling about how he felt

mostly because he always dies and is unwilling to learn and just complains about certain things:

- he says tank dies too fast to assassin shurikens - if you stand still long enough to take a whole clip of crit-shurikens, you kinda deserve it

- generally there are a lot of situations where you can't fight back, as in die too fast when a sniper kills you or a gunner does - i told him he can't engage those classes head on and he still plays like cod

- scoring system is wierd - he's so proud of his 4 kill streak and doesn't understand why he's at the bottom of the scoreboard - i told him it was ranked depending on money earned, he's like other new gamers who just want good KD's

- CLASSIC: assassins are too OP, you can't fight back - you guys figured out what i tried to tell him

there's more but these are the ones i remember the most. i managed to persuade him to stay and learn but i don't know how long this will last.
  20. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

Cod gives players false hope of thinking they're good.

It's annoying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.