Support Class is not overpowered.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, August 19, 2010.

1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

For all of you who think support class is insanely overpowered, here's my argument to show its not true. The support class has one of the lowest armor of all classes. They're actually very easy to kill, providing your not a noob and attacking them right in front of their firebase.. Play smart guys.. Now i will admit that a fully upgraded firebase, hacked, can kill you before your able to actually figure out its attacking you, haha. The airstrike is fairly easy to get away from.. simply run under a bridge or something or get out of the big circle, now if it sticks you, of well, not overpowered.

Any other arguments? I'd love to see other player's point of views.
  2. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Counters to support-
    The Player itself: Anyone just by shooting him.
    The Firebase: Gunner turret, especially deployed. Gunner mortar. Cloaked assassin. Sniper bullets. Sniper flak. Assault bomb. Tank product nade. Support airstrike.
    Overhealed Turret: Sniper flak and gunner mortar take down the shield faster than support can heal it. Also, if you're a sniper and have lvl 3 passive, you can shoot the turret and the rounds will damage the player.

Last but not least, TEAM WORK. Don't be dumb and try to fight a 2v1 against a support/gunner combo. As for the airstrike, I know a trick to avoid them. When there is a circle around your character and you hear the sound, you can tilt your joystick in any direction and your character will move out of the circle and avoid the strike! This is also handy for many other aspects of this game.
  3. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

ur saying a class that takes 10 or so seconds to kill at point blank with a tank is weak?

also i get f-ed up by just a couple shotgun shots despite max defense.... really support is the class i dread fighting most
  4. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Thats as a tank.. every class has its opposing class thats hard.. If you play any other class other than a tank, Supports are easy to kill. I have no problem killing them as a Gunner, Assault, Assassin, etc.
    If you think its overpowered just cause you cant kill it.. try playing an assassin trying to kill a tank.. that is overpowered lolol. Even though theyre not overpowered..
  5. LunarKnightmare

LunarKnightmare New Member

Sniper with RoF+3 and Reload+2 will make swiss cheese out of a firebase, even OH'd.

If the support is sitting around trying to heal it, pick them off too.

Easy.
  6. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

Wait what "being a noob and attacking in front of firebase." I Always do this. It gets them off their guard and makes for an easy kill.
  7. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

well for most classes that have low armor that'd die from it, if your a tank you shouldn't die from it, so it shouldn't be a problem
  8. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

The fact that support players focus more heavily on damage output rather than healing teamates kinda proves that they are not performing as intended.
  9. JackBotXL

JackBotXL New Member

I just hate the assaults charge...at level 3
  10. JackBotXL

JackBotXL New Member

I only hate three things when it comes to the support
    1) The shield/overheal thing-a-majig the support can do to allies, its an inconvinience not really hate it sense i enjoy it too.

2) The airstrike thing-a-mabob: i hate anything the kills you in one hit. ANYTHING(includes headshots).

3) The support is a squirmy little bastards it avoids damage by zig-zaging(Anybody noticed that?) runs around like a little squirt.

4)He looks like mario
  11. Tvayumat

Tvayumat New Member

First of all, that's four things.

Secondly, you're just jealous that we are bursting full of da-juices!
  12. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

Overhealing Jackbots is overpowered, and the firebase might be doing a little too much damage, but other than that the class is fine in my opinion. This is from an assassins perspective, I haven't played other classes enough to be able to speak for them.
  13. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

The firebase is actually quite weak, you just can't be dumb on how you kill it.
  14. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

Please enlighten us. I'm curious as to what your strategy is.
  15. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

In your reply on a different thread I'm going to go with you play a sin, just throw shurikens at it just out of range. If the support is with it shoot him first scare him off then obliterate the turret.
  16. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

That's what I usually do. Just didn't know if his was any different.
  17. hksonx

hksonx New Member

support is the worst part in this game
    it is the ultimate cheap class
    he needs absolutely no effort to kill someone

hurtgun - autoaim plus infinite ammo, you dont even need to aim
    airtrike - instant kill with 3 shots, keep spamming eventually it will kill someone
    firebase - you dont need to control it, let it play the game for you (it can even heal pros)
    easy juice - overcharge everthing in your base to get a full juice bar 24/7
  18. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Just because he has tools doesn't mean you can't use yours to kill him...l2p
  19. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

If you want to know the weakness of your enemy, first you have to understand them. So to understand Support, please use them in real game.

Try playing Support in 10 consecutive round, then you will know what is their weakness.
  20. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

first of all, the hurtgun does extremely low damage unless juiced, and all you gotta do is get out of range. and airstrike is easy to get away from, unless ur dumb or its stuck on you. Fire base.. i agree.