Webadmin Interface - Preview

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by racquemis, July 22, 2011.

1. racquemis

racquemis New Member

Got to much free time on my hands so i started to put together a Webadmin Interface working (almost) solely on javascript. Information is automatically updated so no page refresh is needed. Still have work to do on chat history(right side of the page) and listing banned Id's aswell as Options to kick and ban a player. Oh and not to forget bug fixing :p

What do you guys think,this is what i got so far:
    [​IMG]
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

^This guy is made of win
  3. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

This is cool :cool:
  4. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

glad racquemis makes all these useful tools, now we just need a community to start using them
  5. duckling

duckling New Member

Looks great, just need to center the icons over their respective numbers.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Awesome job Raq!
  7. racquemis

racquemis New Member

thanks,

yeah the icons got misaligned again.

it really is a pain to script for multiple browsers. on internet explorer it works great, on firefox the script doesn't send credentials for the second query, and google chrome doesn't query at all because it doesn't allow the script to be run from a 'null' origin (when ran without webserver)
  8. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

9. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

Raq - uber should be paying you as a consultant!
  10. racquemis

racquemis New Member

if only it were true :lol:
  11. asmodejan

asmodejan New Member

12. racquemis

racquemis New Member

lolz :lol:

the first version of this webadmin interface will heavily rely on php proxies. The JSON Handling in MNC is seriously broken, unescaped control characters, syntax errors. I had hopes i could fix this with javascript alone but most browsers don't allow cross-domain access for the method i needed it to be.

As soon as uberent has the webadmin API has been fixed (i seriously hope they won't make significant changes. ) i will have a downloadable version which can be used on the Webserver present in MNC (*hopes that uberent will add support for it*)

[​IMG]
  13. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

this would be hilarious if I knew wtf java cat was talking about!
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Doesn't matter what Java Cat is talking about, I approve! =P

Also bumping this for great justice.
  15. Robbert

Robbert New Member

This. Is. Awesome.
  16. racquemis

racquemis New Member

i now have a php proxy setup on my server which will handle all the requests. notquite sure if my server can handle it yet since all my servers are still empty. I'm a bit worried what 12 simultanious requests will do to the cpu usage of my server. might cause lagspikes on my 4 mnc servers (their hosted on the same machine). Time will tell. It will be temporary anyway. after uberent fixes their json handling i won't need a php proxy anymore.

the webadmin interface now works in all browsers thanks to the proxies :)
  17. verden

verden New Member

Kudos to you.
  18. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Request that json thingamajiger in the wishlist. This looks like big news for server hosters.
  19. racquemis

racquemis New Member

Didn't have much time lately to work on it but finally continued today. chathistory and messaging should be done soon.

I also just had a pleasant surprise, i was about to pay the monthly rent on the VPS i downloaded the invoice i showed an amount of 0.00 euro followed by the message: "this invoice has already been paid". :mrgreen: whoever paid it (even if its a gesture my the host itself) thank you :mrgreen:
  20. racquemis

racquemis New Member

Got the chat history working so here is a new preview how the entire page will look like
    [​IMG]
    still need to make a chat input box incase your wondering where that one was :lol:

The lower right corner will show the access policy stuff. were you can see the current bans (+ associated nicknames) on the server and unban them if you want to.

I think that is about it. not much more i can do with the API.