Assassin Changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by wazupwiop, April 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Troll

De Troll New Member

The assassin is a wonderful slayer as well, watch PU5H or myself play it. You have to time your grapples properly and get used to the lag. Other than that, learn to shoot dem shurikens. And if you can't kill anyone, kill bots until you have juice to kill them. The assassin has plenty of options.
  2. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

The problem isn't really wether the assassin or support (or any other class) is overpowered or underpowered, the problem is that forcing you to jump to make the classes balanced is stupid. I don't think anyone thinks it's fun having to press A every 2 seconds.

And about the "get used to the lag", I don't think you know what lag I and some others are dealing with. It all depends on your location, if you're living in Europe then you might know how much lag I have, but please don't say "get used to the lag" if you live in America.
  3. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I want to make something clear about this - I'm not saying you aren't good. I remember when I first started playing this game, and you, obs, rev, and boltaktion were FEARED as assassins.

It's not that you don't have SKILL with assassin. It's not even that you don't play her the correct way - it's that you are remembered for being one of the best at playing her the incorrect way. Absolutely true - nobody knows how you use her now, and for all I know, you can push the **** out of some bots.

I mean honestly, if you are skilled enough with the assassin to get a lot of kills, you're skilled enough to push bots. Assassins that get a lot of kills but don't push bots aren't bad assassins; they're good assassins with bad tactics.
  4. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I hear you. Nothing worse than trying to lunge-grapple a support with US host only to be grappled out of the lunge & shotgunned before his grapple animation is even half way through. And that's with a good connection - I used to play with on mobile broadband that at best got 300kbs :evil:
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I can share the sentiments: I get 500kb on my home internet and that isn't changing any time soon.
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

No point in starting an argument out of this, but I do want to respond to the bold point. The beauty of this game is that there is really no correct or incorrect way to play a class. There is the method that wins you games, and the method that loses you games. And what makes the game even more fun is that the method changes from game to game. I adjust my game play to the style that best suits the match at hand. And sometimes, that really is running around assassinating people. An expert Assassin knows how to observe and analyze the situation to choose the best course of action, whatever that may be.
  7. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

"Obsydianyte" is okay.
    Really good Assassins are PU5H, Liefglinde and MLGIntervention.
    Just my opinions.
  8. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Snarf, you really might wanna work on not being so strong with your words. Kinda makes you look.... well, less reputable.
  9. Fair Gamer

Fair Gamer New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having issues with the assassin grapple, especially against the Tank class. I thought is was just me at first because I hadn't played the game in almost a year but now I see it is a big issue. I have gone up against the assault, gunner, and tank class many times in the past few days trying to grapple and most end up in failure because for some reason the assassin will not grapple these classes right away. I have to hit the button 3 or 4 times to try and grapple and by that time they are aware of me and turn around and kill me. Something really needs to be done about this issue.

Before anyone says that I don't know how to use the assassin let me just say that I always wait for the perfect moment to move in for a kill. I wait for the opponent to be distracted with a bot or a teammate and then sneak up behind and try to grapple. It is annoying as hell when the grapple fails to work.

Also, don't tell me it is lag because I know the difference between lag and an issue with the game.
  10. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

The only time I ever have the problem you're describing though is down to lag as I never have problems when host or with a UK host. Do you have the problem when you're host?
  11. Undercover_Thudercat

I tell it like it is. I don't sugar coat it, but I also don't over throw salt on the wound over it. I have no intentions of offending - only to pass along information.

I'll say this - in public matches, there are definitely times (quite often) where, as an assassin, you have to get off bots and just go kill people for a second or else nothing else can get done. I'll agree with that 100%.
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Not so much.
  13. Undercover_Thudercat

Ouch. That really does make me look like one of them, eh? My humble apologies.
  14. dredd

dredd Member

wazupwiop is just pissed i keep punking his face in with my assault Look wazupwiop its just like i told you in my message i sent to you The Assassin is a squish *** class unless you toss Gold Armor on and even then if some one has Silver or Gold Crit (And there a Gunner or Assault) they are going to murder you and TBH the Assassin is it stands is a busted class lag grapples in the air back grapples from the side and throwing starts that do way tomuch damage and bounce way to many times.......i could go on here the Assassin gets Counterd by the Tank, Gunner, Assault, and Sniper and if any of them have Gold or Silver Crit on your dead......so dont bitch on the fourms about how OP the tank is agants the Assassin or any of the other counter classes and just FYI the Tank is the MAIN counter unit for the Assassin so GTFO and Stop posting pls
  15. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I couldn't read a word of that. In desperation, I looked to see who posted, and realized trying to decipher that is a waste of time.
  16. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

tl;dr

gold criticals is the assassins true counter.
  17. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Much better. Thank you.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I, for the life of me, cannot read that scrambled mess of a wall of text. PUNCTUATION IS PRESENT FOR A REASON, PEOPLE!
  19. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Tl;dr
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lol, to those who did read that, did anyone see the part where shurikens are way overpowered?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.