So about that MW3

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by ZOoo00OOm, July 20, 2011.

1. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Re: Wait...

I've come to the conclusion Uber fap to the PC version and make Xboxes watch them in their offices.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

you can refer to lief's post if you're looking for something a little more polite.. It's ******* retarded to tell us we need to be more patient, we waited 6 months for PC to come out! I don't know how long it's been since the console DLC. (someone said 9 months) How are you going to tell the community who has waited a lot longer for a lot less to be more patient? The forums were flooded with threads begging for information about updates or releases. It got to the point where the dev's had to explain in a thread what updates entail and that they plan on updating console. All the information they gave was practically useless since almost 5 months later we have no more information.

I've been patient. Only time I wasn't was when the developers were dancing around the subject of updates, giving us absolutely nothing. It was at that point I realized that I didn't need to work on being more patient, but that I have no choice because we're left in the dark for months on end. I honestly don't care if you tell us to be more patient, but if that's seriously the example you're going to give then wow..

I feel like it's such ridiculous reasoning, that it could only be used to troll someone.

I'll ask anyone who disagree's or doesn't see my initial point, the same thing that was asked to me. Please explain how it wasn't stupidest thing you've heard in regards to the updates?
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Personally, I have no problem waiting (as long as we don't get stuck having to pay for nothing but Uncle Tully's.) However, I definitely see everyone's point here. I mean the MNC 360 Poll was started almost 3 1/2 months ago. o gave you guys some hope that maybe the update was coming soon, but that was 130+ days ago. I can definitely sympathize with the frustration.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Here are some of the features in the new Unreal engine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcN_80SlCSA

As you can see, lots of new graphic stuff. Everything is updated for DX11, there are new light effects, new editor features, shader improvements and more. Every single new feature as to be updated and tested. One of the big things as far as I know if a new user interface. The UI is one of the things that were not easily to change on the Xbox version and made lots of problems so that's probably a key feature.

I work in IT. When we 'only' update our content management system to the latest version we will have to spend many hours to make sure it works, our customized stuff isn't broken and it runs stable. More hours go into making sure the articles, pics and other content looks as it is supposed to. (Yeah, like that's gonna happen...)

Now imagine you have to do the same thing for a whole game. And you have less than 20 people. And each end every one has something to update, fix and test. And you have to make sure it passes QA when you are finished. And you have to do it for PC and Xbox. And while all this is happening you have to port existing content to the Xbox, adjust the editor for the PC and add new content. With 15 people.

And now you can tell me again how 6 or 9 month are ridiculous. If you had ever worked in IT and had seen how long it can take to update a complex project you would understand what I'm talking about. ;)
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i dont want any of that. all i want is bug fixes. i would be happy if they turned down the graphics to reduce the lag as well.
  6. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I agree with those points Jessep, but most people here would be quieted by a small progress report from the devs every now and again.

Eka and Scathis have only posted in the 360 section 4 times combined since the beginning of March, and one of those times was about a hypothetical sequel. We would just like a bit more info, that's all.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You don't want it but it's not your game.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

ok, post here if you want a whole bunch of graphics updates for mnc!
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Erm, just the bugs fixed sounds great but a new engine means there are probably hundreds of new bugs. Some from the Unreal Engine, some in MNC because the engine is a whole new battlefield. It might even be necessary to adjust already existing content because it would be broken otherwise. I know one thing for sure, Uber has been working and testing the whole time.

We all want new content as soon as possible, who doesn't? Just look how long it takes Blizzard or Valve to nail down the final release versions. They spend millions and have huge developer teams and it still takes a long time.

GPG is working on Age of Empires Online. They had a beta running for months now and they will need two month to go from an almost perfectly working beta to the final release. And GPG is like 3 times the size as far as I know, maybe even larger.
  10. DeadStretch

Here's the bottom line we are not getting any updates until Uber finishes the engine. Would you really want they to stop now and leave the game as is in turn just wasting all those months they have been working on it?

Do you really want to pay 800 microsoft points or more just for some bug fixes?

[Edit]
    What if they can't fix certain bugs and glitches because it is an issue with the current engine?
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I want MNC to look like the video Jessep posted. I would also love for there be more bugs and glitches that come along with the new engine. That would be neat. :)

@Stretch. Here's the bottom line, you don't have to be the UberMartyr all the time, brah. They're not going to fire you.
  12. DeadStretch

Uber martyr?

I have been with XBox and Xbl since day one I know how they work. MNC on the XBox is not going to get anything for free and even if it is something as small as bug fixes. Microsoft is going to make us pay too much for it regardless of what it is.

Also that video shows more then just a graphic update it also shows and easier work flow for the developer. Easier work usually means less time spent on it.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

ill pay 800 msp for a good amount of bug fixes and balancing issues. i would rather they didnt include uncle tullys, but what ever.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

No, UberMartyr.

Nobody in this thread asked for anything for free, as far as I know.

Really? That's cool, but it's really all for nothing if Uber has to battle MS every time they want to update MNC.
  15. DeadStretch

Sadly I would not and I am sure I am not alone here. Heck I wouldn't pay 800msp for Skins, Uncle Tully's and Bug Fixes. That's a complete rip off imo.
  16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Not for Tully's, no.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

considering i got more playtime out of this game than any $60 game i have ever bought, i think i could drop another $10 for bug fixes. i would rather not get the map and i am neutral on the skins.
  18. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well, really, all I'd like is some actual word from Uber themselves. Not their gaggle of "yes-men" in training, that's all really.
  19. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

This, But i want tullys.
  20. DeadStretch

I'd rather not cash in on the Microsoft cash cow.