Enable game menu buttons with keyboard & switch weapons wi..

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by argh, July 15, 2011.

1. argh

argh New Member

...with the middle mouse wheel, both up and down.

In relation to the first wish, this emerged due a bug that I realized when sometimes I press the "Tab" key seconds before the screen for choose a class in the beggining of a game appears, and then I have the "Tab" screen stuck on my screen, impeding to activate the buttons in the game menu with the mouse (I can only flashlight them with the keyboard). So the petition that I make is that the "Enter" key is enabled to activate those buttons, as in other games.

The second wish comes just by something that surprised me the first times I played Monday Night Combat, because it was something I was accustomed to do in other shooter games, plus it is quite useful.

It may seem odd, but adding these little details could increase the comfort and gaming experience for users :]

Regards

P.S. sry for my english, but not is my first language.
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

to select a class with the scoreboard stuck on the screen
    push and hold tab while selecting your class with the mouse
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I recommend binding wheel up to one weapon and wheel down to the other. Don't use "toggle weapon" at all
  4. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

That may work for some but for others that like to go up always or down always, it is easier to toggle (particularly if there are only two options you are toggling through.

It surprised me that it only uses up in the first place. I have never played a game where you couldn't scroll in both directions.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

using toggle will get you into trouble with accidental double-toggles, especially with the wheel

but if he wanted to scroll only up or only down, he wouldn't have asked about it in the first place because that's what the game does allow
  6. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

Does it? Nothing changes when I scroll down.
  7. argh

argh New Member

mmmh... pressing and holding the tab key makes selections pass quickly, not giving a chance to select a single option. So, how am I going to activate the "join game" button that way? Sry, maybe I not quite understand the solution you propose.
  8. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

if you have the scoreboard stuck on the screen over the top of the class select screen you can select your class by holding tab down then selecting a class with the mouse and then click join game then just before the game starts you can clear the scoreboard from the screen by hitting tab again
    i do this almost every game