Is VOIP in the game?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by shadow9d9, July 12, 2011.

1. shadow9d9

shadow9d9 New Member

There is a talk button in the configuration but no one ever responds and I have not once heard anyone... is it in the game, broken, or not in the game?
  2. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

I use it all the time. I have mine set up and tested in vent and I know it works OK. Some people that try to use it barely come through so I just assume they have not adjusted their volume levels in vent prior.

I remapped mine off of T to left alt as that is my normal PTT. I get typed responses to what I say sometimes so I know I am being heard. ;-)
  3. Kel

Kel New Member

Yeah, I hear people talking sometimes, but they don't speak clearly enough, so as a non-native english speaker, I've no clue what they're talking about.
  4. Memorable

Memorable New Member

It's in there. Most of the time, you can hear people activate it while typing in the lobby, and you can hear them type away. (It's T or whatever by default, so while they're typing it's pressed)

Not many people use it regularly, but sometimes I'll make callouts like "give me a quick heal" or "need help at chickey", and it helps sometimes. I have it mapped to my MB4 so it's on the side of my mouse. :)
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

yeah I've been trying to get it to work but I know it works. I hear people, or rather, their voices come in very weak/not heard but sound goes low/I can't be heard.

The .ini files have some sort of value for Voip but I don't know what it does.

I blame steam.
  6. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

*shrug* I dunno. There was one guy in a game I played and we were calling out to each other with no problems. We could hear each other just fine. The only thing I did to adjust the default settings was turn down music and voice overs. I left effects up. I know it squelches the game sound a little when people talk, but I wanted to make sure I could hear them.
  7. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i only heard someone use it once when i first started playing and now it's just the icon lighting up and no sound coming through so i assumed it was not working