Serious Questions for Uber Entertainment

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by L-Spiro, July 8, 2011.

1. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Since update #8, Uber Entertainment has gotten a lot of hate.
    Update #9 was called surprise buttsex.

I originally hated update #8 but I dont mind it anymore, and I dont mind the Money Ball damage change (since I am always the one to exploit it for the win anyway).
    Therefore I post this on completely neutral grounds.

One of the things the community liked about Uber Entertainment was how open they were to the community. They posted regularly, etc. People felt they had a more personal connection to a game company, and Uber Entertainment felt more real than other game companiesless like a corporate entity and more like a home-grown family company.

It is understandable that Uber Entertainment has been less chatty thanks to all the whining that has been happening.

But at the same time I feel as though Uber Entertainment may have withdrawn too much (I didnt even get a reply about my tool to auto-type tips), ignoring some key questions from the community. True, they werent asked in a way that dignified a reply, but I think it is important for Uber Entertainment to touch these issues at least for the sake of easing minds.

#1:
    What was the reason for the Money Ball damage change?
    I am personally not questioning it; I am fine with the change and I just guess Uber Entertainment has a slightly different vision of their game than what we have, which is also fine with me.
    But rather than guessing, clarification would be heavily appreciated.

#2:
    A lot of suggestions have been given since #8, but #9 not only included none of those suggestions, it included something no one suggested or even dreamed (from within the community).
    What can we expect from #10? How much will it be influenced by community feedback?
    What changes are planned for it? How far away is it?

#3:
    The community has gone on and on about what it thinks are the most important things to add to the game. This is Uber Entertainments chance to speak its mind.
    What do you consider Monday Night Combat needs most? Tutorials? Mod tools? Something else entirely?

I think some feedback from Uber Entertainment would go a long way towards easing minds.
    And this is not a flame thread. If the community is not happy with Uber Entertainments reply, this is not the thread for discussing it.
    This thread is for Uber Entertainment to provide much-needed feedback and nothing else.
    Unless you have a serious and neutral question to ask.

L. Spiro
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah, yeah I know I am NOT Uber Entertainment and I do tend to answer questions in their regard but question #1 has already been answered.

Taken from this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10645
  3. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

That clears up some things.
    I was never bothered by the change because I was always going out and giving it my all, rather than turtling etc. The change just makes my offense much stronger, though games are perhaps a bit too short now.

L. Spiro
  4. Razor_Actual

Razor_Actual New Member

This may be a little off topic, but were patch notes ever released for this update?
  5. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

Scathis covered this in the same thread DeadStretch quoted.

So in short, no, but there they are for you.
  6. Razor_Actual

Razor_Actual New Member

Appreciate it.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're pretty swamped with getting stuff ready for PAX in late August and that's why you won't see us too much on the forums. As with all updates, we don't like to comment too much for at least a week. Players typically hate any change initially and tend to change their minds once they've had a chance to actually play it. I will say this, nothing is permanent and we'll make changes if things aren't working out.
  8. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I really hope you guys have a surprise for the Xbox community at the PAX convention. It would bring a lot of people back to the game i hope, the Xbox area on this forum is damn near a ghost town.
    Im glad you guys are working hard, and it shows when you update the PC users with just a few outfits and a couple tweaks on the system.
  9. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Like how I stopped minding #8 changes so much after time.

Thank you for the reply, and the floor is still open if Uber Entertainment wants to add anything at any time.
    I am curious about #3.

L. Spiro
  10. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Ekanaut actually pays me $3 a year to get angry about patches and then be okay with them a week later to support his claims.
  11. Kel

Kel New Member

With the actual /$ price, I would be fine with 3$ :twisted:.