Anyone else playing like a noob again?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ninja Midget, July 8, 2011.

1. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

So let me clarify, by noob I mean going for a good K/D ratio instead of actually trying to win the game by destroying the money ball.

I just don't feel rewarded taking down the low HP money ball, its just too easy and the match ends so quickly I end up looking at the loading screens and listening to Mickey Cantor more than actually playing.

Now I just focus on pro killing and the games tend to last longer due to so many new players not knowing the tricks to destroying the money ball. This will change in time I am sure, but as it stands right now its more rewarding to finish the match with a killer (see what I did there?) K/D score than to actually "win" any matches.

Of course I still take out bots, because without them in the way I can target pro's much easier.

Anyone else playing like this now that the money ball is about as tough as a wet paper bag?
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I partially agree. When a match is particularly easy, I forgo the moneyball in favor of facerolling some players, and against new players, I'll annoy them to no end but rarely kill unless I'm in danger.
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I find myself playing assassin more to give myself a challenge.

-harder time killing Turrets
    -harder time killing non-heavies
    -dat ***

I try to drag out games.
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

well i rarely play alone so im always with a friend and we try and go for melee kills, grapple kills etc etc and once we get bored we are just like "ah well....end it" like we were racing each other to 50 kills just for the fun of it, i feel bad but noobs don't listen so tough luck
  5. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

i have started playing bot and turret only or medic support of course people keep running up to the firebase or into airstrikes so you still end up going 15/2 with 200 bot kills
  6. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Unless there is another veteran on the other team to make things interesting, I've simply begun gold farming games. Taunting every kill even when visible because I'm not in danger, not killing the moneyball when it goes down, shooting Bullseye instead of the Moneyball to squeeze out more cash, etc. Lately, I've been trying to sneak up on snipers and melee kill them before they notice.

Edit: I'd love to do some OxyTeam Splode-a-Pro and other hilarious stunts if anyone is interested.
  7. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

Oh ya, snipers looking the other way, one of my favourites. Head crab and wait for them to look at you and panic, then summer costume taunt and BOOM!
  8. DrFunk

DrFunk New Member

I try to take down the money ball, but I don't shoot at it more than once every 30 seconds now. I try to let bots do all the damage. So I spend most of the time farming bots or enemies in their base. I do this for the reasons mentioned above(games end far too quickly). Sometimes if I'm playing with a fully newb team my goal switches to how many times I can drop the money ball without actually taking it's health down to 0. 4 times is the most I've seen.

It's dissapointing that this game has changed in the ways it has. I also think it's funny we are creating our own games within this game in hopes that someday it will return to the way it was.

Honestly I hope they are currently working on a change to revert this game to the old ways, it was alot more fun losing when the time ranout, because atleast you had a chance to try and turn things around, AND your game lasted more then 4 minutes.. Now it's just over.
  9. Bletzkarn

Bletzkarn New Member

Tikki just raped me in a game and made me rage quit.

Just stood mid as Assault and raped everyone that came near him with either Grande launcher, AR or Juice.

If you ever see me please just go to a different server.
  10. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I am so out of pratice its embarassing. I'm the kind of player that is okay with a 1:1 kdr if it means my team advances its map position though.

MNC is all about your team's map position. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :p
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

ummm why? o_O join a 3 star server if its that much of a problem for you, servers are already limited in AU and i am not going to leave a server just cause i see you in it......im sorry but that's just stupid
  12. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

This, stars are for a reason, but it's not that it's explained anywhere at all. :cry:
  13. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i would be fine with leaving a server with a lot of new people IF i had the option to join another server but that chance is rarely there :(
  14. Kel

Kel New Member

Some people have a star rating of >= 4, so they only can join 5star servers (I rarely see a 4star server with a good ping).
    Problem is: Some people should have MORE than 5stars, 'cause they rape everything :?.

Rating says nothing if it's caped.
    Last edited: July 8, 2011
  15. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

The cutoff for a 3 star server is over 4. I was at 3.9 last night playing on 3 star servers because I am still a noob. >< I wish they had "in between" servers. I play on 5 star sometimes and learn some tricks, but I still get roflstomped there (pre latest sale). However lately, a lot of noobs don't know what the stars are so they join and it is a terrible mess. ;)
  16. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Well...ever since I started playing MNC, most games have been stomps. I've been in games where there is basically nothing I can do because our team cannot push out.

I remember one game where it was me and 5 new players vs 3 veterans who had stacked the other side and 3 other newbies. I dragged it out to overtime after 20 minutes as support, but no one ever bothered trying to attack their ball, while I babysat 4 lvl 3 rockits and shot to death every juiced pro getting in.

The next game, I ended up playing against the team I was with and just gave them a delicious raping (about 40/0) in about 5 minutes.

Made me feel a lot better.
  17. Dubblebass

Dubblebass New Member

ROTFL! Yeah, last night and a little today I have been having some of those same issues. They just don't know to push or rush the ball in OT.

My favorite is still when they stack on one team (I guess because they are friends) and you warn them, and they throw that warning in your face. Feels great to stomp them into the ground...ungracious bastages.
  18. Ninja Midget

Ninja Midget New Member

No kidding, people rage quit to just return to the same(and only) server with players in it.

We are getting more active on weekends though, up to 4 at times. Good to see more vets to play against too, when they get split across the teams we get some good matches.
  19. Beast

Beast New Member

You may do this already but, Tikki perhaps you and Hitler should join diff teams when both on the same server full of noobs - be kind of boring otherwise as it would pose 0 challenge and probably just cause half the server to quit and not want to play again which is kinda bad for the game/community in the long run.

As fun as stomping noobs over and over may be, its counter intuitive in relation to the longevity of the game/community in my opinion.

I duno about you but I find one sided matches a complete waste of my (relatively limited) gaming time - games that are the most fun are those that are evenly matched with a good spread of vets to make things interesting. That being said the autobalance is complete fail at times and quite often groups all the vets on one team.

If i am on a server with a lot of people of obviously lower skill I will switch to support to help out my team mates or even play "Commando Sniper" where i don't use the sniper rifle and only use the SMG, traps and flak to add a bit of challenge to the game cos i have like no health and have to fight close range, which the sniper is not really suited to.

Anyway, that's just me.

Cheers

Beast