Game Unable To Start

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Niffy, July 6, 2011.

1. Niffy

Niffy New Member

Seriously, my level of annoyance with this is reaching an all time high.
    I have done the following to try and fix this issue:

- Verified Files
    - Restarted Computer
    - Uninstalled & Reinstalled
    - Manually updated files
    - Restarted Again

And I still get this:

[​IMG]

This is ridiculous. I have run out of options for trying to figure out what is wrong, so I have decided to post here. I have followed all of the guidelines for trying to fix the problem and there doesn't seem to be a fix for my problem. If someone can please help me, that would be wonderful!

Thanks!
  2. jockhockey

jockhockey New Member

Check your firewall or antivirus, there are known issues with these.
  3. Niffy

Niffy New Member

My firewall has been permanently down since a problem with malware a few months ago.
    And I've never had a problem with my anti-virus and pc games, though I'll try nonetheless, I'm fairly certain the same problem will reoccur.

Edit:It didn't work.
  4. Kel

Kel New Member

So, you didn't isntall Windows XP new? Then the malware may be still active ....
    And no, you can't clean your system 100% without reinstalling the OS.

That says nothing.
  5. Niffy

Niffy New Member

Not applicable, I misremembered it (my firewall) being disabled, but that's my automatic updates. I'll try again by disabling my firewall. Sorry for the confusion.

I already stated that I tried to start up the game again by disabling my anti-virus. I have also stated that it didn't work. However, I don't appreciate that your post was somehow an attempt to chastise me.

I've also made a thread about this on the Steam forums:
    URL
  6. racquemis

racquemis New Member

check your launch.log file, it should show what is going on. its either somehwere in the documents/my games folder. or in the log directory at the location the game was installed.