Own up to a kick vote - Uber, display names :)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by DragonAsh, July 7, 2011.

1. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

The anonymous rage voting needs to end.
    Make it display the name of the person who initiates the votes :)

Tiz funny though. 9/10 rage votes never succeed because no one ever votes lol
  2. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Yeah, many people have been trying to kick me lately but usually only 2 or 3 votes go through. Yesterday, there was even a guy that kept saying "xiter, xiter!" and then he tried to vote to kick me twice. Whatever that means. :lol:
  3. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I don't like votekick. I've seriously never seen any where the function has been intelligently used. Otherwise, it's just a rage or troll move all the time. :|

But if it stays, so be it. I don't see how making it non-anonymous is going to help the situation - in fact it'll just make it worse with finger pointing everywhere. Can't assume everyone's a coward.
  4. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

well, there used to be cheaters in this game.

seems like almost all of them have lost interest. But it's good to kick idlers or just idiots.
  5. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I did see an aimbot quite a while back. A votekick could have been used adequately there, but that was before there even was a system.
  6. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Eh, they should re-vamp the vote kicking system instead.

L4D has the best !votekick system I've seen in a game.
  7. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

omg, the l4d votekick is OVER abused!
  8. Zutsumi

Zutsumi Member

Lol@ragevoters, just cause they can't kill me, they try the only way to get rid of me :3

But it's still pretty obvious whoever's ragevoting, just pinpoint the guy you killed the most hehe.
  9. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

you never knew it was me! :mrgreen:
  10. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I suggested it long ago describing the potential for the exact scenario we are getting now but 2 updates later it isnt here.
    Not displaying the name of the person who started the vote is simply an error. If you want to dampen the amount of rage votes you get, put the voters name in the message. That simple.

I got one last night. No idea why.

L. Spiro