How do you kill with explosion damage?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by cyzmyass, July 5, 2011.

1. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

"Bayheimer - Cool guys don't look at explosions: This achievement can be earned by killing an enemy pro with explosion damage with your back turned"

Can the explosion from the summer costume taunts kill?
  2. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Or maybe its just normal kill followed by taunt afterwards.
  3. Coverop

Coverop New Member

No.
    Summer gear won't affect on this achievement.
    You can do this by wearing any gear.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I guess the easiest way would be to Headcrab an enemy, turn around and detonate it.
  5. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

I got this at some point the night the Summer Camp Sale started but I didn't notice it at the time so I am not sure exactly what triggered it. The general understanding is killing someone with an Assault bomb or Support airstrike while they are not in your field of view. It may be possible to trigger it with the Grenade Launcher or Mortor since it says "Explosive Damage" but I don't know. Easy enough to get with airstrikes though since they are fire and forget, and will kill even if you don't stick it to the target. Sure you can run but with all the newer players playing at the moment I am sure one of them will not get out in time XD.
  6. Ino

Ino New Member

I just got this.

All you need to do is get a kill or assist with either assault bomb or support ground zero when the target is not in your field of view.

It actually incredibly easy to get and you'll probably get it by accident if you play 4-5 matches.
  7. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Got it just now, joined a laggy spunk server, spammed assault bombs everywhere <3
  8. Kutharos

Kutharos Member

Pretty much what Ino said. I got the achivement on my first run on GrenAde III arena. I would go for support for this rather then Assault. Unless you play Assault enough to pull off headcrabs like a beast.
  9. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I got this achievement with Support. I got a Ground Zero, then this achievement as the bomb fell.
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I did it with the mortar

1. Shoot
    2. Turn around
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  11. Myst

Myst New Member

Flak also works
  12. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I take it the Assassin won't be joining in this party? She's kind of non-explosive, except for her poof clouds. :|
  13. daztora

daztora New Member

Random airstrikes are amazing for this, that's how I got it. Chuck a random airstrike go do other stuff like heal or repair turrets. Get Achievement.