Unexplainable lag

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Col_Jessep, July 1, 2011.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Since I started playing again I seem to get a lot of unexplainable lag. I often play Assassin and a lag spike is a serious problem when you rely on a lunge actually ending where you would expect it. Other classes are more forgiving but it stays a notable phenomenon. IT's the worst when I just joined a server or a match begins. Lunge catapults me over the edge, I miss perfect backgrapples if the target happens to move even slightly and so on.

Am I just unlucky or are there others with the same problem. I often have these lag issues although the ping in the stats is constantly under 60ms.
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I've had similar issues when my graphics card overheated, but other than that I can't think of anything. I've not played the most recent release, so if other people are having this issue it could be something else.
  3. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Yup. Suddenly people gets lag by no reason. It appears randomly... lag spikes on the begin , ping goes higher.... I think It's the new update problem.
    I did not found the problem yet.
  4. Col_Jessep

I'll start monitoring that then. Graphics card should be fine but I'll take a closer look at that too just in case.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

Not entirely sure as I've had some lag spikes in the 4 days or so prior to the update
    Then again it was mostly on the Racquemis servers, so I just chalked it up to the server itself
  6. racquemis

racquemis New Member

The lag spike issue probably happened because i forgot to set the CPU priority to 'Above normal' after the update

When all servers are full they use around 92% of CPU cycles. the same machine hosts scripts that update the webbased server browser which checks all servers in rapid succession every 2 minutes. this can cause lag spikes.

I've now changed the priority, so it should be fixed again
  7. Col_Jessep

Sweet, thank you so much! Have been playing all morning and no problems so far.
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

anyone else noticed a drop in performance lately to? i get far fewer less FPS now :(
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

me too
  10. duckling

duckling New Member

I'm having some weird lag issues even on low ping servers as well. I've found myself lunging off the map or what looked like people grappling me mid lunge.
  11. Coverop

Coverop New Member

I don't know what's happening with Uber servers on crossfire right now. When I join to one of them I usually play like a 3 minutes and *bam* Lost Connection to server.

While playing these 3 minutes I'm having a very strange lag spike like a every 20 sec.
  12. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

All the servers lagging horribly, what gives?
  13. racquemis

racquemis New Member

a internet connection that sucks maybe (atm) :lol:
  14. corducken

corducken Member

This has begun quite a lot on servers where my ping is low compared to servers where my ping is moderately high.

In once such instance, four separate players fell to their deaths, including me. In another instance, I juiced, I was katana grappled by an assassin, and when I sync'd up again, it showed the assassin using a shuriken launcher grapple.

It's not common but it's a potentially game-breaking issue. It doesn't seem to affect ALL players in the server but it most definitely affects multiple players at once.