New MoneyBall health..wow

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by DragonAsh, July 1, 2011.

1. killien

killien Active Member

Actually airstrikes aren't that great. Their MB multiplier is 0.05, meaning they only do 125 damager per strike. Yea it's 450 in one go, but the Support has to get close enough and even then it's at least 20 second before he can drop another

If anything Shurikens need a gimping towards MB damage. There's only 2 weapons that can out-DPS shurikens and those are the shotgun and minigun, from 2 of the slower/est classes in the game

Forget the Assault camping with Juice, an Assassin with Juice will take a moneyball down a lot faster
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

is minigun reload time taken into account here? because that makes it horrible at killing the ball....
  3. killien

killien Active Member

Straight up, no reloads a minigun does roughly 212dps. With reloads accounted for, ~102
    Seems to be the same for single/dual barrels
    Shurikens + reloads = 50dps

Dunno about other weapons as the DPS values I have don't account for reloads so that'll take a bit to recalculate reload times in
  4. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Was there an update I didnt notice?
    Are we on 8 or 9 now?
    I didnt see any patch notes.

L. Spiro
  5. Coverop

Coverop New Member

We are on Update #9.
    Uber is hiding patch notes.
    Why?
  6. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

7. corducken

corducken Member

I heartily support this idea. Simply dumping bots by the wayside after they do the dirty work is something that was fairly annoying.

I'd also like it if the whole moneyball/health/overtime mechanic were entirely overhauled. Uber has proven in the past two updates that they do not care about maintaining status quo. Instead of trying to change little parts about the currently existing system, they should think outside the box and come up with a much better one. They're not limited in any way, they should stop updating the game like they are, because it's obvious their players aren't satisfied with what they're trying now.
  8. daztora

daztora New Member

I know right poor bots. They actually help you get the thing down they should be the main offence after It IS down, rather then as soon as It goes down everyone rushing for the juice machines and abandoning the reason they have the ball down.

Blackjacks got mouths to feed.
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Or rather that the box that they are thinking in is having no effect on the demographic they are trying to wisen up.

Again I can't say turtling has increased (that would be impossible) but it has not decreased much around the 30 and under set. The approach is not working properly. I wish Uber had a test client for those who participated in OB or were here pre-valentines. I believe it would lead to better practical testing.

The above changes are quite interesting but I would like to see them tested first hand.

But while talking about the rules how hard would it be to try tiger's idea? It seems simple enough. It just seems that trying to hammer home the point that the moneyball is important requires a tutorial or better tips.

The best Uber can do in the short term (in my eyes, have your own opinion) is change the rules back to pre patch 8 while keeping the changes that don't conflict.
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Roll back to the update before 8, take away the heal you get from juicing, make the money ball not stay down from one anything (you have to do a fixed amount of damage to keep it down, not bots), fix glitches.
  11. NeoCyberman

Interesting.

The removal of juice healing would put more pressure on the juicing player and the support on the team to be competent in their roles as they must keep up with health.

I can't support a complete reversion because I like certain things. Like the turret change. Revert Juice and OT but keep the turret change.

For the set amount of damage thing I have to say maybe. I would like to see it play tested.
  12. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Uber should be making one test server where they change lots of weird things on. They could change the setting about once in two weeks to get tested and give people the change to adapt to it and give feedback about it. There they could all kind of insane things. It's just an idea, it will take a lot of time from Uber, but it will probably pay out for them.
  13. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Aye. Some kind of beta testing scheme would indeed be nice. Uber's updates are starting to feel like surprise buttsecks now, what with how game changing and unexpected they are. :lol:
  14. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Agree.
    Recruit a few players from "community" wouldn't be that bad idea...
  15. NeoCyberman

I agree. Good idea.

But then who gets to join? Pre-Valentines or OB? Should it be just upstanding members of the community or what>
  16. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Why the server password protected but the password is put on the forum, so you don't have people who just bought the game there, but only people who know what they're doing. (kinda vague, i know, but i hope you understand what i mean)
  17. NeoCyberman

Hmm. So that way forum goers could access the server and those who come to the forums for the password have no excuse for not learning the game mechanics.
  18. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Indeed, and if you are on the server you have been on the forum so you also don't have an excuse to not post your opinion about it.
  19. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Have not read all the posts, just want to say new moneyball health sucks balls, no need to test it any longer uber, just fix it and revert back to old health on next patch update, cheers.
  20. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

+1 unless someone from uber can explain the moon logic behind the change.

I just.. i don't get it guys.