Possible Support Shotgun Issue?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Rabid CatDaddy, August 18, 2010.

1. Rabid CatDaddy

Rabid CatDaddy New Member

Sometimes (a lot more often than I'd like...) when I'm playing as Support, I shoot my shotgun at them, and it doesn't seem to do anything. When the shot hits the enemy (even at point blank range), there is a little white flare that comes off the enemy's body, but their health bar doesn't appear, and they don't seem to take damage.

Now, normally I wouldn't be too bothered by this, but I just played a game where I had a full juice bar, and since I was about to be killed, I activated it. Then, with juice active, I proceeded to chase a Sniper around for the entire length of the juice, pumping point blank shotgun blasts into his back. Eventually the juice wore off, and with me still blasting away at him, he turned around and grappled me off the edge of the arena.

Long story short: An entire juice bar worth of point blank shotgun blasts didn't even scratch a sniper. What is going on?
  2. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Its probably some sort of bug/lag. It happens some times.... does the same thing with certain bots on blitz mode too....
  3. Ownage Messiah

Ownage Messiah New Member

Hacker, definitly a hacker since ussaly supports can achieve a 1 shot kill on me with their shotty.
  4. Spooze

Spooze New Member

prolly lag.
  5. vvipeout

vvipeout New Member

^this^

happens to me a lot with any class
  6. The Assassin 312

The Assassin 312 New Member

i had this problem too but i only play as the assassin :mrgreen: *spartan B312/the assassin 312/Girl
  7. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Yeah it's definetly lag, if you have this alot on a server it's time to back out and go for a new quick match.

What is even more weird to shoot an assassin/sniper point blank and leave him with 50% HP left.

Is the shotgun spread random or a fixed pattern like in Gears of War?
  8. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Lag like everyone else it saying or the server/host never recieved your data packet for it, and it happens. You can try to grapple a standing player and miss because of the problem, happens at least once a match for me even if my ping is rather low.
  9. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

You're an assassin. Shotties are anti-assassin.
  10. FreaKuencykilla

FreaKuencykilla New Member

Don't write this off!

The support is my favorite class, and the build I go for is completely based on shotgun kills. I get 30 kills on a regular basis so needless to say I've used the shotgun enough. There are times when the lag causes terrible moments like that, but more often than not it's the shotgun glitching out. Gears of war shotguns have the same problem they sometimes fail to register. Beyond this issue sometimes I'll grapple an assassin and pull the trigger to kill it and the gun doesn't even shoot.

All I'm saying is- help!!!!
  11. slayer52314

slayer52314 New Member

i always have this problem and i can only put it down to lag because at times im running around shotgunning like crazy and next im shooting a TANk (big target) point blanck while they are standing still and all i get are these white flares
  12. FreaKuencykilla

FreaKuencykilla New Member

it's definitely not always lag. I'll be in rooms where everything is running completely perfectly and the gun doesn't work. Also I'm a nerd about my Internet and unless the game is lagging I don't lag. Ive run into a lot of people online with the same feeling ase that it's the registry for the shotgun and it needs to be patched.