Need Advice With handling clawing gunner

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Drizydraker0ger, June 22, 2011.

1. Drizydraker0ger

Drizydraker0ger New Member

What's the best way to deal with them. The movement is real erratic. I can't place any good shots. When i get close it's alot of dodging and then i have to deal with team mates. I can't take em out quick enough any advice. Btw they usually stay high.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

for what class?
  3. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

For the most part, the best thing to match a clawing gunner, is a better clawing gunner, or a gunner with a support healing. Also, tanks can fare very well against clawing gunners from a distance using the rail gun. Snipers should be growing accustomed to quick zoom firing and getting many accurate hits in on gunners. By just keeping the gunner between your reticle, zooming and firing quickly, a sniper should be able to hit the gunner and decrease the gunner's aggressiveness by draining his health.

Other than these, an assault always has a bomb to throw a gunner off his flight path, and assassins and supports should completely avoid these flying monstrocities.
  4. Drizydraker0ger

Drizydraker0ger New Member

Thanks. I have the problem of running into a clawing gunner 2/3 games. They also happen to have a support who will heal them the moment health drops below a certain amount. I think i need a player to join up with who can snipe them. Any takers.
  5. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

If I wasn't at work, I would definitely jump in and pump iron into his facebox with a sniper rifle. I'd just keep an eye out for people in the lobby, or maybe just try and switch to sniper if you're capable yourself. Might be able to ignore them and go assassin if you're playing more win focused right now. A gunner/support is great for kills, but not much for moving lanes and taking the money ball out until OT, when the support can pew pew the moneyball with his shotgun while juiced.
  6. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

Invite me into the game.
  7. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

You do realize a clawing gunner is the last thing that can counter the Assault class by itself now. Saying they are both intelligent.
  8. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Basically just keep your distance. If you play assault, get bomb 3 ASAP and bomb that dude all over the map. Also, keep jumping CONSTANTLY. Jumping targets are MUCH harder to hit. Sniper traps placed in groups of 3 are a gunner's worst nightmare. A sneaky assassin can get away with a lot as well. Firebases can be useful in controlling them as well. The firebase is almost hit-scan and normally doesn't miss. Another thing is try to prevent him from juicing.

Counter-clawing is also useful. There are many clawing gunners, but few are good at clawing. I am pretty decent. I can counter-claw the average gunner, even if they are leashed. Clawing gunners are also easy to take down if everyone focuses fire on them. If you kill them enough, they will quit eventually.

I have found that playing assault versus clawing gunners can be quite effective. Even if you only get them down to 50% health, you have gotten them to retreat. The Bomb is REALLY REALLY effective versus gunners. It takes them down to 60% health when it is upgraded to lvl 3. Get the jump on them and they will run like a little girl.
  9. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

What I do is when im playing assault I dont just jump up and down, first i throw my bomb in the gunners way, and i jump up and go left and right while I shoot him down
  10. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Fly like a butterfly sting like a bee, gunner can't hit what the eyes can't see.
  11. CCSoloist

CCSoloist New Member

Unless you Mortar through the spawn doors...Idiot. :roll:
  12. ASH

ASH Member

What's "clawing"?
    Never heard that term in a game before.
  13. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

It's a way of holding your controller: right hand middle finger on trigger, index finger for using the buttons. That way you can still aim & shoot & use skills at the same time. Me... I'm a lefty so I just use south-paw & the underside of my thumb for the buttons :cool:
  14. ChaosFF7

ChaosFF7 New Member

Counter Clawing gunner with Better Clawing gunner!!! It's genius I know. Hold your applause.