Dear Uber, we don't want the PC Updates

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Undercover_Thudercat, May 30, 2011.

1. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Yes, because somebody should be stopping her before she gets all of that. There's a laundry list of things you can do to stop the assassin from raping your base.

But an even better thing to do to stop an assassin from raping your base is to not build turrets in the first place because they're really pointless anyway.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If the Firebase was nerfed how would you nerf it? Less damage output? Then it is useless against bots. Less health? Then it it useless at holding ground.

I honestly think the firebase is good how it is.
  3. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

It is significantly overpowered in pubs and virtually useless in privates. I have no idea how to fix it so that it is more balanced in either category.

1 idea I have is to make it so that it does more damage, but you can't overheal it and it heals slower while being damaged.
  4. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I would pay 20 bucks at least to get the option to play this game as it was pre-anything, it was effing beautiful
  5. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

That was EXACTLY what I said........
  6. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I just think the range on the firebase can be ridiculous at times.
  7. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

The Firebase has a shorter range than any of the other turrets. It's Hack that gives it such a huge range - which is precisely what Hack is supposed to do. So I see no problem with it.
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I will begrudgingly admit that Firebase damage, range, and all that is fine. I feel that the problem is how quickly a Support can set up a 2.2 Firebase, and then how quickly it comes back once destroyed.
  9. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

It takes four seconds to get the Firebase up and Hacked, during which the Support cannot move and the Firebase takes extra damage. It takes about another forty-five seconds for Hack to cool down afterwards.

Even if the Firebase is up for more than forty-five seconds, the area that the Firebase was in is probably under your team's control now (seeing as you destroyed it), which means that it can't be put in the same place. It also has only 1250 health, which is less than any other turret in the game and can be destroyed if an Assassin, Tank, or Gunner so much as sneezes.

The Firebase is of extremely limited use in competitive games.
  10. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

11. CCSoloist

CCSoloist New Member

^^^Why do you have to act like such an idiot all the time?
  12. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Perhaps give fire bases reduced damage on pros, more damage on bots or the same, and then buff the health a little? i think it might play out pretty well for pubs as well as privates
  13. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

4 seconds is truly not that much time. As far as the recharge on the hack goes, churros help with that immensely and are not that hard to find since the Firebase places priority on bots.

Fact is, a Support WILL be near his Firebase. A Support/Firebase combo can easily take out a Gunner, Tank, or Assassin. And while it may have less health than any other turret in the game, it is also the only mobile turret. It pays for its mobility with its health.

It has been said before and I will say it again. The competitive community makes up what, 1% of the players? The devs cannot cater to only that 1% of players when it comes to balance. Most of the game's population plays in pubs and that is where things such as the Firebase needs to be looked at when considering balance changes.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Now that entirely depends on which side of the crosshairs you are on... =P
  15. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

And whether your a sniper or no...

PING!
  16. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

^^^Why do you care?
  17. teapot

teapot Post Master General

well cause nobody likes an idiot
  18. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

It is when you can't move, can't defend yourself, can't heal your team, and can't see anything that isn't directly in front of you.

Which the Support will not pick up because he won't-

Ah. So you only play against the Supports who spend all their time hanging out by their Firebase. Supports who know what they're doing generally don't.

Uh. No. It won't. The Support/Firebase combo is absolutely devastated by Tanks. A single Product Grenade either forces the Support away - in which case the Firebase is scrap immediately - or blinds the Support, who then dies to the Jet Gun - in which case the Firebase is scrap shortly afterward.

An Assassin who knows what they are doing can likewise destroy a Firebase easily. The Shuriken Launcher can destroy it in about two clips if the Support isn't paying attention without the Assassin ever being placed in danger. The Smoke Bomb works on the Firebase just like other turrets. The Shuriken Launcher can also force the Support out of his Firebase's protective radius with ease, unless the Support in question is particularly enamored of being turned into mincemeat.

The Gunner can also destroy the Firebase with ease, whether this is by taking advantage of the turret's distraction (since it fires on bots before Pros) and shredding it with Dual Minis or simply leveling it with the Mortar, both of which will either kill the Support (if they're an idiot) or force them out of healing distance to preserve their life.

Hell, even Assaults can kill the Firebase easily. The Assault Rifle, surprisingly, does a lot of damage to Firebases, and the Grenade Launcher can hit both Firebase and Support with a single shot (and the Bomb ability can force the Support away, as well).

And even the Support gets in on the action with his Air Strike ability. Snipers have Flak. And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and I'm done.

Yes. Your point?

And why not? Does the Halo dev team need to nerf the shotgun because some players are too retarded to back the hell up when they see someone with it?

Bottom line, every class in the game has some answer to the Firebase. If you can't figure out how to make that answer work because you can't get past the enemy Support himself, then that's because you aren't good enough to force the enemy Support away by your lonesome (probably because you're playing a class which is not intended to act as a slayer), not because the Firebase is overpowered. If you can't do it alone, get the rest of your team over to join you. It's a team game, after all.
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

All of the examples and whatnot I posted are from personal experience. I can almost always keep my Firebase alive all game regardless of the number of Gunners or Tanks that try to kill it. And it takes minimal effort.
  20. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Ah. So you only play in games with the clinically retarded, then. That explains it.