Are you already thinking of a sequel?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Jebiga, August 17, 2010.

1. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

Hey,

i wanted to ask you Devs, if you are already thinking of a sequel?

I mean the game seems to be pretty popular already after the few days since the release.
    So i just wonder if you Devs already think of a sequel and what you change in it?

I dont mean if there is already on planned, only if u had the thinking of one in ur mind already!
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I don't know, would you buy it?
  3. AnArousedWalrus

AnArousedWalrus New Member

It would be cool if it was made into a full game, same feel, just a lot more things like added customizations and maps! I would definitely pre-order it with a limited edition if you did so!
  4. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

If you make it as awesome as the first one. :O
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Double the pros, double the maps, double the features and triple the price. I'd buy it! =D

Also: PC.
  6. AnArousedWalrus

AnArousedWalrus New Member

If it's going PC mine as well go Mac!!! :D
  7. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

No, it shud be consoles only in my opinion.
  8. Polynomial

Oh please, this game screams PC =P
  9. tomin83r

tomin83r New Member

i think they should see how the public feels about the game then make the descion of what to do next
  10. Myrick

Myrick New Member

Yeah Tuesday Afternoon Battle
  11. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

i disagree, the ui is obviously geared towards using a controller over a keyboard.
  12. T4CT

T4CT New Member

PC port would net you more money

then again

dedicated console support for a good class-based shooter is non-existant so if you guys actually pulled it off you'd have quite the following I imagine.
  13. Polynomial

The UI changes from console to PC obviously. -_-
  14. Grimnir_XIX

Grimnir_XIX New Member

YES, YES, AND YES :D

Seriously, I know you guys only made one game so far, but I put you guys in my top 3 game developers along with Valve and Blizzard!
  15. l2ELLIK

l2ELLIK New Member

I would be willing to buy a full priced version of this game with more maps and features. Like how about a actual highlight system to review and upload clips. Also how about a map editor. I know you can make a drag and drop editor using Unreal Engine III. Would be great to see that. Maybe a system to upload said maps for download. User created content is very big right now.

But honestly, I don't want to tell you guys how to make your game, because you've already done a great job making the game you guys wanted to make and you didn't conform to the masses and make another Military shooter.

Kudos to you Uber guys, you've earned a fan from here on out.
  16. Vernox

Vernox New Member

I say make DLC before a sequel! Of course that is after you remove the leader boards and fix the shitty matchmaking/host issues that are plaguing crossfire.
  17. Doom

Doom New Member

I'd buy a full retail version/sequel, but I'd like to see it keep kind of the simplistic core feel the game has right now. Add a couple gametypes, throw in another endorsement or two, and maybe 1 or 2 more useful classes (not gimmick classes).

Obviously new maps, more features, more customization, and maybe some kind of fun short story mode (Maybe against bots in a franchise type mode, where you're a "rookie" type Pro that works his way up to being some kind of Superstar). LAN support and a replay system/mode would be amazing additions as well imo.

A map editor, simplistic or extensive, would be sick as well. But with how the game works I doubt you'd be able to offer anything user friendly outside of being able to re-place simple things like ejectors and turrets (Kind of like Forge in Halo). A full on sandbox map editor would be awesome though.

And for custom/private matches, being able to alter/restrict some things in the game would be amazing as well. Components like base speed, base damage, skill restriction/using/remapping would all be fun as well.

Something like that and I wouldn't hesitate spending $60 for it. ****, i'd probably buy a special edition of it if it kept the same type of general gameplay MNC has. By far my favorite game that's come out this year so far.
  18. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

Yea, a simple map editor would be awesome (ofc with good controls to sue it on a gamepad) and people should be able to rate your map, and then u can chose a playlist with custom maps only, and top rated maps come there more often than bad rated ones
  19. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

quick uber! trademark this!

i would of paid 30 dollars for MNC. I'd be super happy if we just got two or three, fifteen dollar expansions, expanding the content to a 60 dollar purchase.

or a sequel that's cool too.
  20. T4CT

T4CT New Member

Map Editors are astonishingly difficult to get right for console controls and more often then not end up clumsy. The least clumsy thing you could do was have a standard arena and then just put down cover which would get old.

As big as user-content is right now I'd rather see no map editor than a sub-par one. Not saying you can't do it, just saying that doing one where the community is going to collectively enjoy it's use is damn hard.