The I Hate Pubs thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by lord_sammy, May 26, 2011.

1. lord_sammy

lord_sammy New Member

Rage here at bad pub teams you've played with!

Just because I'm running Assassin doesn't mean I'm perfect at it! There are times when me, the ball, and the shuriken just don't seem to want to blend together in perfect harmony. Now, when the enemy team is tryhardturtling, it becomes a little more difficult to connect those three vital dots. So why, WHY, WHEN OUR TEAM IS COMPOSED OF ANOTHER ASSASSIN BESIDES MYSELF AND THREE ASSAULTS, DID THEIR BALL NOT GET TORN TO PIECES THE MOMENT I BROUGHT IT DOWN!? WHY WAS I THE ONLY ONE LUNGING ACROSS THE MAP TO TAP THE DAMN THING!? EVERY TIME! EVERY GAME! I'M THE ONLY ONE DOING IT NO MATTER HOW MANY ASSAULTS OR ASSASSINS WE HAVE! IT'S LIKE THEY SEE THEIR BASE GOING BACK UP AROUND THE MONEYBALL AND THEY'RE LIKE "OH NO TURRETS" AND DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO GO NEAR IT! Perhaps they're waiting for me to juice and destroy the turrets. NEWS FLASH: I'M DUCKING AND WEAVING OUT OF A HAILSTORM OF BULLETS AND AIRSTRIKES AND BOMBS TRYING TO KEEP THE MONEYBALL DOWN! I'M GONNA DIE! A LOT! I can't exactly GET juice when I'm in that scenario! Just because I'm playing to win and not to pad k/d (yeah, like that's going to happen anyways with my glorious .776) doesn't mean I want to carry the f!cking team, but they just throw all the weight of VICTORY on my shoulders and go farm kills! "Oh, look, a tryhard! Yay, we'll get our 1,000 victory dollars now! Let's all try for uber streaks!" I just needed to get that off my chest. I hope you all understand.
  2. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Game's unplayable on Xbox man. It is literally a case of who spams fastest wins. Not to mention the fact 90% of the people playing are even more clueless than the PC crowd.
  3. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

dontcha love what CoD has done to the Xbox cumminity?tis why you ALWAYS play with friends

get out of here "O High and mighty PC player"
  4. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

The player base experience and skill level is more-or-less the same on all platforms.

Amen.
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

you are telling us the playability of our version, one we have been playing for almost 9 months as if we dont have a handle on our own game?

lol. you are one of those "pc > jesus" guys. your opinion is invalid.
  6. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Sh*t, looking at update 8 I wouldn't want to even get near the pc version.
  7. truckus

truckus New Member

I hate carrying a team in bot kills and pro kills while watching my team get slaughtered doing stupid things.

Assassins walking right past enemy bots, tanks deployed in an open area in the center of the map (tanks deploying at all is bad enough), gunners deployed in open areas with snipers on the other team, assaults chasing down other assaults in constantly stalemate battles, supports thinking they can quadruple overheal a firebase and don't even realize that its even possible to heal team mates.

Every class has things that inexperienced players do with them.

I've come out of my "only playing solo, dont feel like talking" shell lately, YarHar, and you've been on my friends list for a couple months at least and we havent played since. Hit me up when I'm on again.

Playing with friends generally makes for greater confidence in-game and deffinitely more fun. Just gotta find lobbies with other decent players because a party of 3 good players can easily steam roll a team of 6 bad kids and it does get kinda old after a few games like that in one night.
  8. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

I hate getting scramblers, gapshots, and jackbots on my team only to see them go negative (badly) as assaults with no bot kills whatsoever.
  9. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Well, in every game I've been in on Xbox version, there has been extreme lag and frequent fps drops when **** goes down. I also have no idea how you're meant to hit with the sniper/railgun, etc with a pad consistently. Plus, there's practically no communication ever, unless some guy gets on mic, and even then it's hard to tell what's being said.

But yeah, lag and fps problems alone are pretty much enough to make it unplayable for me.
  10. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

It's called having motor skills.
  11. truckus

truckus New Member

:lol: PC players have been spoiled by their lack of lag and their perfect hit detection + mouse and keyboard.
  12. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I almost never get lag, and only get framerate issues while I'm host. And if you want communication, add some people from here.
  13. joker

joker Active Member

its impossible to play pubs if you're a 'known' player without constantly being targeted. and god forbid u leave a match vs a group of 6, expect a flood of hatemail about how you are terrible, particularly by kids who suck, play nothing but assault, and dont even know what a private match is, i support the title of this thread, and i support Deadpool FTW for president 2012
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

FREE BACON TO ALL. MAY THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN BEGIN.
  15. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

If I remember correctly, though, your host is a lil bit choppy for others.

Then again, my modem is made out of wood.
  16. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

YEAH? WELL MY MODEM IS MADE OF BUBBLE GUM AND BAILING WIRE. I GOT YOU BEAT FOOL. So yeah...
  17. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

^ i loled
  18. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I keep forgetting, but doesn't "pub" mean something like public?

Because I thought that's what most people here generally did, play in public matches.

Which is what I always do. Because I'm friendless.

Well I'm not but everytime I get invited to a game, I always fail to connect. I think it's due to my strict NAT type.
  19. truckus

truckus New Member

It means either "public only" player or public match, yes. Pub players are often referred to as "randy tryhards" around here, too :lol: I'm a Randy Tryhard Public Mongoose.

As for your NAT type, if you're comfortable logging into your modem and changing settings there are plenty of topics around the internet specific to Xbox 360 about opening your NAT. Just do some google searches like "how to Open NAT on Xbox 360". I've been through so much moden/NAT related trouble since I play at either of 2 locations, each with different modems with different issues and have had to deal with several different modems at one of these locations, so I'd be glad to help. I know how much strict NAT can ruin playing online games.
  20. Th3 Con3

Th3 Con3 New Member

I like to make games last atleast 7 mins or so but ill try hard bomb the **** out of thier moneyball if the wins at steak.