Is this where I go to contest a ban?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Izanagi No Ookami, May 29, 2011.

1. Izanagi No Ookami

Izanagi No Ookami New Member

Hello and good day one and all. I am here because I was wrongly accused of hacking on the Uber Official - LAX Server.

I mainly play as Sniper and I am additionally an experienced practitioner in the art of quickscoping.

Throughout the duration of the match, I proceeded to allocate many kills, being a Sniper of higher than average skill level, while people where questioning the legitimacy of my methods. This resulted in a Vote where I was quickly kicked, and banned, from the server. Though the players have reason to believe otherwise, I feel I must assure you that I have done nothing wrong.

Although I can simply find another server to play on, I fear this incident will lead to my eventual banning of MNC as a whole. I would like to, if possible, have this ban lifted so we may quickly forget this event ever happened.

I await your eventual response.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

While I despise him for being a good sniper, I'll vouch for Izanagi here.

I've seen him around since the game was released, maybe even in beta. He's good, but I seriously doubt he's a cheater.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

There is a different thread for the matinence of a universal ban list. You can also find it and post there.

I doubt an actual hacker would even bother contesting a ban, so I would trust him.

But I have seen him before. I think he one one in a handful of snipers that made me think the clip size nerf was reasonable (but not the bodyshot nerf still), as well as the jumpjet nerf was unreasonable.

If you made a team rage that badly, they should feel a lil embarassed. It does have to get annoying to find non-official servers to play in.
  4. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

I wouldn't worry about it Izanagi. The ban was probably just temporary. You were vote kicked and the server just has an anti grief method of banning the user for a short period of time so they just don't join back and pout about being kicked by vote.

Take it as a compliment to your play and go beatdown another pub.
  5. Izanagi No Ookami

Izanagi No Ookami New Member

It seems the ban was indeed temporary, and now I can play once again.

Though it still gave me quite a scare.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

What kind of skills do you play with anyway? Are we talking point-blank-quickscope-headshots?

Someone played on the console version like that the other day. Since his clip was bigger, I had to focus on him quite a bit. Didn't think he would be that good until he knocked me off him with a headshot as I was approaching charge range.
  7. daztora

daztora New Member

Hehe, nice.
  8. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

I played with him quite a bit the other night. He is rather good at close range quickscoping. As support I was taken down quite a few times trying to sneak up and shotgun him on Spunky Cola's center bridge area.

I'd say he isn't aimboting though since at a distance he was not racking up insane headshots like someone with an aimbot would (though certainly respectable). He's just quite good at walking backwards and getting a quick headshot if he sees you coming at short range.
  9. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

Yo Izanagi.
    It was only a vote kick, not a perma ban. Trust me, if i saw your name pop up on the list, I would not add you to the uber ban list since I know you only quick scope. Lucky for you I help maintain it and know you are just a good sniper lol

Vote kick bans last for the current map (i believe).
    You just got rage kicked.