Stop it, Stop it right now, Uber.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by hymn, May 29, 2011.

1. hymn

hymn New Member

Stop with making DLC and making tweaks to things like Juice and Turrets and other things that don't need it right now. You need to seriously look at the imbalance issues with Sniper. This class is retardedly out of balance when compared to the others. With the high damage of non-head shots, up to three freeze traps, fast movement speed. and large AOE damage that ignores walls, coupled with Endorsements; it brings the Sniper to a level that this type of class should never be.

My suggestions: Significantly reduce the amount of damage caused by body shots. Reduce the damage caused by Flak or at the very least make its damage blocked by walls like explosions. Reduce the freeze times on the freeze traps, or make them recharge slower. Reduce the benefits yet again the Sniper gets from endorsements. Or something along these lines.

You've nerfed the hell out of Assault when he didn't need it, and now none of them rely on abilities but simply stack weapon endorsements and rip people apart while not putting themselves at risk. You've needlessly nerfed Juice because of the complaints coming from those that can't counter it.

I love this game to death, just as much as I love TF2, and sadly you're starting to go down that path of dumbing down the game to better fit bad players, rather than dealing with some serious issues.

So my request and plea to you, is to stop making new content and "balancing" mechanics that perfectly fine, until you fix the sniper. It's an issue that I know has caused many of my friends to stop playing this game. And it's very close to making stop playing, when I really, really don't want to.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

flak is stopped by walls, assault bomb is still insanely good, i have NEVER played a sniper that was just that good that he would destroy a whole team, i know there are some people who can but there are few of them, Body shots have been nerfed majorly compared to what they were and they are fine, it seems like you aren't to experienced with this game. Freeze traps, well if you get caught in them its your fault, they beep and are obvious and can be blown up to set them off

what class do you mainly play and how many hours do you have?
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

It seems most of these problems can be easily surmounted. I must say that the Sniper is a little ridiculous because of the nature of PC, but it's not that bad.
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

I agree that the Sniper needs to be adjusted asap but I also have to disagree on the changes you tried to make. I can't think of one PC game where people didn't have troubles with a Sniper besides TF2. Valve did everything correct with their Sniper and in a game with equally mobile classes.
  5. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

and /thread.
  6. verden

verden New Member

sniper's fine. Don't be a hobo.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Ahahahahahah.

Yeah, this sounds like a good way to reformat his paragraph to better see the contradictions in it.

Anyway, the sniper gets some headshots. You seriously think the bodyshot damage, or the explosive rounds, considering clip size as well, to be overpowered? I have trouble with all of this... on the console version, where snipers can be just as good but have 10 round clips and 30%+ more damage.

The sniper gets some headshots, and even those don't always kill. Overhealed pros with armor, some without armor, some even without an overheal, survive headshots. Plus, there is a class that can be invisible, and if they get headshotted then you can report it in the hacker thread because that isn't normal, that is aimbot.

Assaults pretty much get away with anything against snipers. If people on CoD still complain about hopping with massive jump nerfs, then there is no reason you can complain about snipers when one of the classes has completely unbridled jumping abilities coupled with a jetpack and charge and bomb.
  8. verden

verden New Member

I peed a little.
  9. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I was agreeing with you up until this point
  10. Goose

Goose Active Member

We consider anything with infinite range, a one shot kill that takes absolutely no time to prepare (ala TF2 sniper), the ability to completely protect itself from half of the cast safely with Ice Traps, and terrible wide open maps to be overpowered.

So your idea of balance is to require constant overheal? And it is still very easy for a Sniper to eliminate any access from Tanks, Supports, and Gunners with traps and Flak, overheal or not.

This isn't CoD.
  11. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

12. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

im mostly a tank or support and i think sniper is perfectly fine , just be happy we dont have the xbox freeze-traps.