Favorite character class and why?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Techyo, February 7, 2011.

1. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Tank.

Jet Gun does large amounts of damage close up.
    Death Blossom melts bots in a second.
    Rail Gun does massive damage no matter what.
    Product Grenade makes controlling bot lanes a snap.
    Deploy 2 means I heal completely in seconds.
    Jet Charge is plain awesome.

I can tank large amounts of damage, output large amounts of damage from all ranges, and can push bot lanes like a god - second only to good Assassins, which are few and far in between.

I roll Rate of Fire, Skill, Reload speed. Even more raw damage output and ability spam. Makes all of my reasons listed above even better.
  2. bware

bware New Member

class 1 "gunner"

maybey its the beginners class, but hey this game is nearly 2 weeks old so we all are beginners arent we?
    i just love the playstyle of a gunner, always make me giggle a bit if i see cloaked assisins circling me, a bit scared to atack because the last time they did it ended not well for them..
    and offcourse the awsome wapons/rocket boots...

class 2 "support"

i played a lot of games as a healer, and this char brings a hole new meaning to the game tbh, the thing uber did whit the turrets and hacking of the turrets just makes this game very addictive to me....

and to all the people whinning about other classes, cheer up its just a game, and a dammm good 1 i may add, so happy fragging and i see you on the battlefield

ps...sorry about typos im not english by birth.....
  3. fischbs

fischbs New Member

Assault, hands down. The mobility of Assault is top notch, so much fun to play with since you're able to position yourself and reposition so so quickly, rivaled only by the Assassin with her blind jump. Such a diverse and kickass class that can typically go head to head with any other class if you position yourself correctly, which isn't difficult with such high mobility.

Combined with gold armor, silver regen and bronze ability regen it's so difficult to die!
  4. The Noid

The Noid New Member

Support, because it's a somewhat complicated class to play well, but also loads of fun. Very versatile, and while he doesn't have the head-on killing power of most other pros, kills with Support are just so goddamn satisfying.

You always have something to do.

1. Keep turrets hacked at all times
    2. Keep firebase up and in a good spot, and move it forward as your team pushes
    3. Keep turrets and pros healed
    4. Use airstrike to block off areas / flatten pros in a big firefight / take out other firebases and turrets.
    5. Spawn gapshots
    6. Non-class specific things (build/upgrade turrets, annihilator)

Those aren't in any particular order, I just love that I always have a huge number of objectives, and if I keep up on these objectives I get a good number of kills and help my team succeed.
  5. fischbs

fischbs New Member

I find support really difficult to play as it's not very straight forward. I'm often lost on what to do. Wish I could play it better because I love being the backbone player, I'm a big big big support player in HoN.
  6. twistshock

twistshock New Member

Favourite Class: Assassin
    As an Assassin, I'm able to take out bots and enemy turrets extremely quickly, and it's also a great class for dicking about, which I love doing.

Best Class: Assault
    When I play Assault I'm typically able to suppress the majority of the enemy team and harass them, however I tend to spend most of my time cleaning up my team's backyard because they don't pay attention to the sin raping our bots at the spawn location.

Backup Class: Support
    I can play Support decently, and unlike a lot of other supports I focus on healing teammates, while leaving a x.2 turret to cover a decently sized area.
    Also awesome way to punish people who underestimate the shotgun with gold RoF and silver Clip Size.

My in-game name is currently Mr.Cloud.
    Last edited: February 11, 2011
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I played against a Mr.Cloud yesterday. Coincidence?

Favorite class is assassins because I like stealth and I also like to be a **** (though sniper would be even more of a **** move).

Haven't really played anything else except for a little assault (which I suck at).
  8. amandis

amandis New Member

i was sniper/support but due to some improvements in my gameplay i started to work with the assassin again. im mainly trying to let PK be a side job now and it works.

assassin. HP > ROF > skill recover
    sniper. ROF > HP > ammo
    Support. ROF > HP > Skill recover
  9. twistshock

twistshock New Member

Argh, you! You were the main reason why i couldn't sin properly :V, I got outsinned, and you were everywhere I went.
  10. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

I checked the forum instead of making a new thread of something that already existed, so please excuse the necro.

I don't find the Assault to be the most powerful class, but I'm sure everyone says that about their classes (although if you're a sniper, you're lying to yourself). But the reason why I pick him is because I LIKE his personality. I just can't get into any other characters' personality. The Tank's self pitying, the Support's... supportiness: It makes me not want to play them. I don't want to be subjected to that for a entire match. The Assault is just funny to me.
  11. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

Contrary to their image supports have a very high damage output when in close range with the shotgun. As an effective support you should stay aware of the surroundings while performing all of the above duties and occasionally flank kill enemy pros who have their attention focused elsewhere. A single shotgun blast can take about 1/4-1/3 of a tank/gunner's health depending on what armor they're running. Other classes will likely drop 1/2 health or more from a well placed shotgun blast. Additionally the shotgun does exceptional damage to firebases so it offers an alternate tool to kill well protected ones.

This is most effective in maps with lots of cover where you can burst damage easily. Lazor Razor and Uncle Tully's come to mind.
  12. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

The support is my favorite because his sayings are way funny.

That and I can can play him consistently under 300 ping conditions.

The gunner is next cause he's so chill about everything. The new patch made him more integral to winning and I feel as important as a support.

Third is probably assault or assassin. They used to be my favorite until the recent patch. Assault is best for killing heavies but the Assassin is good for moneyball damage alone because tanks have some serious popularity.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Gunners without armor can die in 2 shotgun hits

I think the support has the upper hand in every very-close-range encounter except against the tank.
  14. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Tank.

With the railgun, it's like I'm playing Q3A Instagib.
  15. kotay

kotay New Member

i started as gunner cos he is total noob friendly but found him extremely boring to play, moved to tank, loved him, good long range good short range, total bot killer, then i got owned from a semi decent assault, a class i had never had problems with before, so i switched to assault and never looked back. I play games to have more kills than deaths, i do not care about bot killing so much and i found the mobility of the assault and the difference of his weapons and skills to the tanks to be more fun to play, although i feel i was a way better tank than i am assault