Help prevent cowardice!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zarakon, May 24, 2011.

?

Should spawn doors be 1-way only?

1. Yes, I am a reasonable person

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. No, I am a coward

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Make spawn doors 1-way!
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

The voting choices are ever so unbiased. :lol:

There also has been another topic like this on SPUF.

Voted yes though. It's not like you can change classes by going back into spawn anyways. Just need to make sure Supports can't put their firebases in spawn anymore, or else they're doomed.
  3. daztora

daztora New Member

Then pro players wouldn't have anywhere to get their health back when on streaks from their base.
  4. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

What if I want to get to the top level without paying 50$.
  5. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

i dont think preventing players from re-entering the spawn would be the right choice as it negates part of the defenders advantage. although putting a timer on how long until a person can re-enter the base wouldn't be a bad idea. keeps snipers from jumping in and out of the door taking pot shots.
  6. Goose

Goose Active Member

I just think you should be able to shoot through the bottom ones. Its not like Assaults can shoot grenades all the way to the top of the spiral anyway. Also there are two exits if one is being bombarded with grenades.
  7. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

im not sure what to vote but im learning to yes cuz the idea sounds kinda cool

edit i just voted yes , our spawn rooms are large and the exits vary so i see it as a good change. if your team is in trouble and pushed back to your room then play as a team to gtfo.
  8. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Because of this...

[​IMG]
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

That picture is scary...
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What's so bad about players re-entering their spawn?
  11. Proxus

Proxus Member

I say charging an enemy into the laser fence on the door should gib them :D. This would be awesome for when people are trying to camp you :) I say no because hiding to heal or reload (especially as a gunner) is nit being a coward it's just playing smart. The day they add damage reduction to each bounce of shurikens and grenades is the day I would consider not allowing re-entry to spawn.
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

LOOK AT ALL THE ITSY BITSY COWARDS!

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't added the lower tunnels.

- When you're moving into the enemy base, people can just duck into the lower tunnels then wait to come back out behind you.
    - Snipers can just pop in and out of the lower tunnels, making them basically invulnerable. Worst on Ammu Mule.
  13. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

<- Likes this idea.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So what you are really saying is that the bottom spawn exits should have there barrier or LoS changed? Maybe move the exits further inside the tunnel.
  15. killien

killien Active Member

Would probably get more people behind this than a simple 1-way door.

It gets on my nerves when someone parks their arses just inside the door only to poke their head out long enough to pop off a shot

Hell, just put a volume at the doors that tries to push the player out so they can't just sit there
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Isn't that what they were put there for in the first? Pushing into an enemy base should be a dangerous task, and you should be able to get flanked while doing it.

I vote heck naw, never.
  17. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

i like it only as a custom sever setting , not default gameplay
  18. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Not to be overly critical, but I find this to be a baseless* idea. For the most important reason that as a team game, you need to communicate. This is one of the few games I ever played where there isn't someone talking or blasting Michael Jackson all throughout the match for no reason, so voice communication isn't really an option. It's not being a coward to give you a free kill in order to tell my team to push the right flank. Especially since if you can't type fast, that weird chat bug will happen and you'll have to retype all you were trying to say.

*Pun!
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Wouldn't this make it... oh, I don't know... Impossible, to get out of a spawncamping?

I mean, with this, you would have 2 choices in a spawncamp:

~Go out the 1-way-doors andget 6 on 1
    ~Stay completely in the spawn and do nothing

Currently, you could at least poke out and shoot at enemies and go back in.

Really, I say having 1 safe place on the map for any player, all the way back at the starting point, isn't so bad. At any rate, if someone goes all the way back to the spawn, isn't it good that he has to come all the way back out, during which you could push?

NOTE: I do not see much spawncamping on the PC, but in 3v3 games it still happens quite a bit.