Update 8 [5/18/11]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by [Knovocaine], May 18, 2011.

1. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

This has become especially true for Uncle Tully's. :|
  2. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

I wish ubers would record their internal playtests, I want to see how creators play their own game.
    Would be funny if they do it on gamepads. Would be even more funny if they play without a sniper / with a bad sniper.
    If I actually may ask, how do you do these internal playtests? Do you have like a preset teams, or you randomly split or you have captain picks? Do you play 6x6? Do you play with a mouse? Do you communicate a lot, giving info on enemy movements and such? Do you use the default classes (which must be really default, the ones that everyone goes with) or make custom ones?
    Oh I wish I could see it on video with all the chatter in it, maybe then I would understand the background for the changes or not-changes (specifically nonexistant sniper changes).
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

That would be awesome. I want to know if when they choose sides someone gets picked last.

I could see their reasoning for a lot of the changes but again. The OT changes were not implemented right. The tapping scenario is not a fun one. Yes there are advantages to this new rule change but seriously the percentage idea would make quick work of it.
  4. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

THIS
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Internal playtests often include more than just the people who are officially on the payroll of the company. Valve regularly has their employees bring in family and friends fairly often to play test games.

Also the game is full of devhooks that allow for massive amounts of data gathering from the player base.
  6. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Don't want to be offensive, but why are you stating obvious things with quoting my post?
  7. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

This update is amazing. Finally Uber turns this game into a somewhat playable MOBA-Shooter. The Overtime change is great, also a nerf to Juice is just icing on the top.

Great update!
  8. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

@Awp

Because it's not like people are not allowed to post their thoughts and input on public forums like these. Sure, keep the stupidity levels down, but I wouldn't call that post as obvious as how the developers would play their own game without a sniper during the testing. :lol:
  9. daztora

daztora New Member

Offensive?, No of course not your other guys pretty much got that covered.
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Who is being offensive here? Sounds to me like you're "butthurt", as some people would call it, if I remember your PM's correctly.
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  11. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

tic-tac-toe is a somewhat playable pnp game.
  12. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

That's until both players know every trick, and every game turns into a stalemate. :roll:

*Three moves in* 'Oh, it's gonna be another draw.'
  13. daztora

daztora New Member

Oh so he passed It around like a schoolboy, whatever I'm not getting into an E-fight here.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

We had a good laugh. Thank you for that.
  15. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Jeez, reading all that was intense. With the variety of opinion stated I can't even make a fair judgement as to what I think about this update. (ToT)
  16. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

I like all the update changes, only the OT change seems to be a step backwards.
  17. daztora

daztora New Member

The only problem I see with the OT changes Is, people lose faith once 1% of our Money Balls health goes down so alot of them give up. But I try to persevere
  18. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

But where do you see these people losing faith? MNC's so silent when it comes to the team communications part of things. :lol:

For one, I never see people going 'Oh no, we're DOOMED! DOOMED, I tell you! DOOMED!' once the ball goes down. Nah, they just keep chasing that assassin that was distracting them all this time. :|
  19. daztora

daztora New Member

Yeah sort of like the DOOMED thing, people hide away and cry in corners over our precious ball.
  20. duckling

duckling New Member

I've seen people rage quit immediately after the ball goes down and other just sit in spawn till the round is over. It seems like there's less of an effort to get the shields back up.

It seems really defeatist, especially when you still have 10 minutes to drop their ball.