Most Expendable Class Post Update 8?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Im Hudson, May 22, 2011.

?

What is the least valuable class after the latest patch?

1. Assassin

28 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Assault

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Gunner

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Sniper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Support

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Tank

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

For me its, either the assassin or assault. Supports got a huge indirect buff with turret/juice changes. Gunners are nearly mandatory for their siege capability and are equal or superior to assaults as close/mid range. Snipers are still absolutely devastating when played properly, and Tanks can slay bots up close or far away and still provide tons of utility with 2 crowd control moves, and great harassment with the rail gun.

Assaults are kind of average at everything except money-ball damage and mobility, both of which mean less due to the overtime changes.

Assassins were just really hit hard by this last patch. Opening rushes are pretty much gone, and they don't have the ability to level a base with ease anymore.

I ultimately went with the assault class because I don't like black people.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

New sig.
  3. eternal

eternal New Member

With the juice nerf I kind of wish that the Assault's passive 3 gave him a boost to his clip size or reload speed for the grenade launcher.

Also assassin is still pretty beastly against turrets and bots. Tank is usually a better choice now but that is true for the assault as well, pick tank over assault in MOST situations (not all for sure.)
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Mods sometimes get away with anything, huh?

http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

8. There are no real rules about posting.

9. There are no real rules about moderation either enjoy your ban.

On-Topic: I think the assassin did get yet another nerf. That pretty much puts her on the bottom of the list. At the same time, she is often necesary.

All I say about this, is restore overtime. Wala, both those classes got decent buffs.

Also, anyone now playing assassin post-patch, consider juiced shuriken on 3.3 rokkit turrets instead of juiced sword now. With teammates, this would be more effective since you would live the entire juice while attacking, instead of dying mid-juice. Still would probably kill 1 turret with help, or only come close...

...especially if "your support fails to drop airstrikes during the juice". Just ask L. Spiro.
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

I hope you weren't serious about the "Mods sometimes get away with anything, huh?" thing. Anyone should get away with such an obvious joke.

And before they fix the OT thing, they should fix juice, just to see how it will play out first.

Also I pick Assassin because i always felt Tank did her job better
  6. duckling

duckling New Member

Assassin and tank both have the same goal but approach it in opposite ways. Juice nerf probably hurts the assassin the most as they have to little health to start with. However assassin is the only class that can sneak behind enemy lines and attack.

I was playing assassin during a 45 minute round of spunky. From time to time I'd sneak to the back of their opposing side, take out their longshots as well as a bot wave and in at least 50% of the cases get out alive. This is with 3 lvl 3 rockit turrets and a shave ice up front, not to mention a competent defending team. Can a tank do that?
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

A tank can't do that, but with all a tank can do, that is probably the only example of what a tank cannot do.

That is part of the problem, and not so much a problem. The assassin is a niche class. It breaks enemy map control (tanks can't cross a gunner blockade and would be obvious), kills bots sneakily (tanks obviously kill bots in a LOS or area), and destroy turrets stealthily and quickly (tanks hafta push in). Assassins do a tank's job, without neither capturing map control, holding map control, nor being bound by enemy map control. Tanks do an assassin's job, while holding territory, pressing enemies, and at the same time being large targets whom are suppressed by enemy's territory.

Anywho, every class is a lot more balanced than xbox and than they have ever been. Everyone just has to play smarter now. Including the nerfed assassins who can't blunder into a base and turrets fall down. They hafta cloak in and kill supports and smokebomb turrets, and/or have teammates help them. People complain about juiced assassin health now, but where is the support to heal her before/during the rampage?
  8. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

easy to say but with the atrocious voice and text chat its next to impossible to communicate with teammates to arrange such things
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Not to mention no one will listen to you regardless of that.

The support did get an indirect boost as he is not necessary for juice rushes to succeed. Luckily I like playing support. But I also enjoy playing Assault and assassin. I feel so useless as an assassin nowadays.

I know my role but I feel less effective doing it especially when it comes to downing rocket turrets.

For assault, he still has his mobillity and his pro killing/harassment abilities. But that is about it.

I do feel however assassin got the most taken away here.
  10. Goose

Goose Active Member

I gotta agree here, The assassin really did lose a lot with this update. And she only had a few uses to begin with. One of them can be almost completely negated with a good tank and the Tank had more pro killing capabilities as well. So that just left Juicing which the Sin easily got the fastest of any pro but since that got horribly nerfed it just seems like Sins are a burden on your team.
  11. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I forgot to mention that due to her mobility the assassin can get in and out quick if a juice rush fails. I cannot tell you how many juiced assassins I've killed.
  12. duckling

duckling New Member

When I play support I generally try to over heal players with juice and go in with them, but in a disturbing number of cases they seem to just run around for a while and die before they use it.
  13. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

was playing against you for a bit in the 45 min server. gotta say you were probably one of the most annoying ones to try and kill. always started attacking when we were distracted. well played.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I think the uber team should admit that listening to the forum at all about balance changes was a bad idea, and undo the juice and overtime thing.

If they want to nerf juice, nerf either the armor or the duration of juice, not armor and damage. What good did nerfing damage do when juice doesn't do anything anymore?

I am not saying this because I miss juice either. I personally hate playing XBox and seeing a team juice one after another and steamroll. We don't need anymore of that **** now that it is fixed. We just also don't need juice being worthless.

Anyway, until then, I will enjoy the fact that I WON'T get constantly juiced by a team of no-skills and end up losing. Yay. A long time coming.

CUSTOMIZATION IDEA: Players can choose in the endorsements section, whether juice gives 3x armor and 2x damage, or 2x armor and 3x damage. That way, classes that use juice as a health clutch get what they want, and classes that use it to wreck turrets get what they want.
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

*points to crit shots* doesn't that add damage to juice therefore negating the damage change?
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

As in the base number for juice? No. In matter of fact, it remained generally unchanged if not nerfed as well. You still get 100% crits as normal, but I think it's damage multiplier on shots also was nerfed.

As in the endorsement? Really, it adds to juice damage, but it isn't nearly strong enough to negate the change. You would require a swing or two less from a juiced sword on a rokkit.
  17. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Assassin lost her bite. Horribly.
  18. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

:eek:
  19. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I agree that assassin has just been nerfed into oblivion. It was my favorite class when I played on 360, but now it's just so much more fragile and less powerful than it was then...

- Armor nerf hit the assassin the hardest
    - Sword damage reduced vs turrets
    - Juiced survivability nerfed
    - Juiced damage nerfed

Not only are each of those significant on their own, but they all multiply each other.

- Armor nerf means you're more likely to die before building up juice, therefore less juices. Juices are also less powerful, so that's a double hit against assassin juice in general.
    - Armor nerf + juiced armor nerf is a double hit against juiced durability.
    - Sword damage nerf + juiced damage nerf is a double hit against her effectiveness against turrets.

I admit that the assassin was originally a bit too powerful, but these nerfs go way beyond what was needed.

Instead of being the demon that she once was, the assassin has mostly been reduced to annoying **** tactics. Shuriken turrets from some far-away wall, then run away if approached. Run around hitting ejectors. Sit at unguarded bot spawns.
  20. Goose

Goose Active Member

I don't hate the juice nerf in terms of armor, I just hate it in terms of damage.